PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 01 November 2020

Ekeke

Well deserved losers.

Arsenal had the 4 best performers on the pitch, Gabriel at CB, Partey in CM, Saka and Lacazette with supporting roles with good pressing and ball winning.

We improved a bit in the 2nd half especially when Matic came on for Fred. Matic was one of the better performers in our team not that it was a high bar

mu4c_20le

First defeat at Old Trafford to Arsenal in the last 15 years. Well done Ole. Like Moyes did, he's breaking some records now. The wrong records. Even Moyes didn't lose to this lot ffs.

Far better team than Arsenal my ass. Not creating anything on your turf, only looking to counter attack like minnows and can't deal with their press. Yeah, we have the far better players but they have the far better manager.
Embarrassing you had that typed up in notepad in anticipation for this thread.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Garbage. We had no clue today. Couldn’t work the ball, couldn’t create chances. It’s same old story with Ole - we can’t ever get a run going.

joedirt87

Arsenal own us, we are shit in the league. It's great that we can win big games with our counter attacking play, but Ole needs to go if he can't find a formula to win games like this.

Sara125

We cannot break down teams at all. We press and then either pass the ball backwards or faff around with it and lose possession.

leontas

Another cowardly performance from Ole. Got both the formation and personnel wrong. We have no clue how to attack in an organised way

MissKatie

Supports
Northampton Town
Utter crap.

The only way we're in the champions League next year is if we win it this year

Andi Latte

Ridiculous tactics, ridiculous game management, ridiculous officiating, ridiculous Man Utd.

What else can you say, losing against Arsenal is always harsh

Get In Scholesy

Fully deserved result. A very very flat performance.

You can make an hour long compilation video from this match alone of how terrible our defenders are with the ball on their feet.

Stupid tackle from Pogba, the only time in the match he had any impact in the box.

Oo0AahCantona

I think the pathetic fracturing of the fanbase is a mirror of our performance today. Ole in/ole out, Pogba in/pogba out every week is a horrific overreaction.

Nick7

Complete and utter tactical feck up by the manager. We were playing from behind from the first minute at home! We made it easy for them and honestly they should have been out of sight at half time.

Godfather

Disgraceful performance. Overpaid bunch of bottlers with a manager that has no clue what he's doing.

Jericholyte2

What is the fecking point with this team?!?!?!?!

Pull off a great tactical victory against PSG then show up against Chelsea starting the match with our tail between our legs. Then have a great result against RB Leipzig and then put in this fecking piece of shit performance! Goes to show how important Martial is to this team.

How the feck are supposed to create any fecking sense of momentum when we show up like this!?!

Tarrou

we were absolute shite from start to finish

Pogba useless

Ole's had a shocker with his subs

its not an excuse but how Dean didn't give a second yellow to Gabriel is beyond me

OneUnited24

We were so poor in that first half and in the second created nothing. Oles far too cautious in games like this and I hate it. Also not that it’s an excuse but how did arsenal finish with 11 men. That challenge on greenwood was a clear second yellow.

spiriticon

We could play for 200 minutes and still have 0 goals.

Our players have given up on this season's league.

To next season!!1

First big 6 side to lose against Arsenal at home in 30 games. fecking disgraceful. Terrible setup (Fred at the base of the diamond what the feck), terrible subs, no desire whatsoever. Pogba should hang his head in shame. Can't wait to see the back of him and I've been a big supporter for years

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Missed Martial (or any actual number 9) so much in both this and the Chelsea game

Goku23

How is it possible to play like we did vs PSG and Liepzig and so trash vs Chelsea and Arsenal especially Arsenal they are terrible themselves!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Even lower than the Tottenham game I think, as at least we had the no pre season, Martial early red, Maguire smashing some twat abroad situations conspiring.

No excuses today, just crap.

Without the two superb european displays, Ole would be absolutely teetering on the sack wagon.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Fuming. A game that 30 mins in and its glaringly obvious that what we are trying to do isn’t working.

OGS doesn’t make suitable changes at half time. Still, after a further 25 mins of tumescent football no progressive changes are made.

It took him at least 15 mins of second half to decide Matic for Fred!....Really

Restored to Matic diving for a penalty, Maguire diving for a penalty. Seriously. It’s pathetic.

Arsenal with Elneny in midfield dominated us in the middle of the park. Elneny.

Fred, Matic, McTominay aren’t good enough if we’re honest. Sure they can press and destroy but utterly clueless with the ball at their feet. Not helped by Pogba being woeful, Bruno being woeful.

And when we’re chasing a goal, he takes Greenwood off.

Surely a front 3 of Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood would have been a better option.

I’m not OGS out. Far from it. I think he’s building a decent squad and his man management appears to be fine. He really struggles with in game management. Like he has a plan (including subs) and regardless of how the game plays out he sticks to that plan
Not sure Bruno and DVB think his man management if fine. I also think Cavani will have his doubts as well.

Schmeichel=God

I just wonder what these high quality players think when they're a month or so in to their Old Trafford careers....

Sheer bewilderment.

Fracture90

Things are fairly simple. If a team doesn't give us space to counter attack, we can't do jack shiit against them.

binary bot
1 point home to Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Palace

Abysmal

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I think the pathetic fracturing of the fanbase is a mirror of our performance today. Ole in/ole out, Pogba in/pogba out every week is a horrific overreaction.
There's not too much of that is there??

Ceteris

Put pogba infront of the cameras for an interview. We deserve an explanation

Delano

How McT played a full 90 mins is beyond me. Offered absolutely nothing. Should've came off for VdB

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 316 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal
  • 22% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal