PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:2 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Thu, 02 December 2021

alexthelion

Important 3 points. Very happy with the result. Arsenal were garbage, and a good team would have thrashed them, but since we are nowhere near being in a form for a good team, very happy we got all of our points.

Looking forward to Ralf's reign from now on. Maguire should be benched. He could have easily cost us a penalty, and if Atkinson wasn't so horrible at refereeing Arsenal should have had that one, to be fair.
Apart from that, imo he was our best defender.

Fred MoM, the complete opposite of McTom, please bench him Ralf and give Donny a run of games. Has Rashford got something wrong in his head, he looks totally lost and uninterested out there.

Not a bad performance, especially after that opening goal.

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
First of all Arsenal were absolute garbage. We made heavy weather of it because we once again were dodgy on the ball. We've scored three goals and yet we need wholesale improvements in this area.

That said, much better off the ball than we've been for most of the season. I hope Ralf is ready to throw some rockets up a few complacent players and raise standards across the entire piece, but we seem to be heading in the right direction already in certain areas.

Ronaldo is a goal machine, Sancho is looking decent, Fred was great at pinching the ball and affected the game further up the field. Cut the fecking comedy United, and Ralf might just be able to take us somewhere.

Also feck off Arsenal, I'll enjoy me some AFTV for the first time in a while :lol:

Irwin99

Can't fault a single player's effort. That was hard fought but a really important result. Our fullbacks were given a tough time of it but both did well and Fred came back strong after some bad moments when I thought the crowd were getting on him a bit.

Also, Viva Ronaldo :drool:

eire-red

Good win, shaky performance at times. Carrick has done a good job to stem the bleeding, and we have a nice run of fixtures for Rangnick bed in.

RedIan

Great game (for the neutral) our best performance for a while.
Arsenal played ok but rarely threatened bar the 2nd goal. Their first was a fluke.
our players worked hard and played some nice football going forward.. Rashford was a passenger, always is on the right.
Great to see Bruno score and of course Ronaldo is just a legend.

Artimities

Kinda nice seeing Telles and Dalot get a go. I’m sure the players didn’t mind Shaw spitting all over the pitch.

always_hoping

Hard earned and much needed 3 points for United. Might have won more comfortably if such a bizarre opener wasn't conceded. Just 3 points off 4th as Rangnick takes over (better than expected)

OverratedOpinion

Decent win.

Total lack of class from Arsenal.

Watching the first goal you can see that Smith Rowe takes a look at De Gea whilst he is on the ground before the ball reaches him. It does not surprise me, for a historically big club Arsenal have always acted in a manner that can only be described as small time, whether it is chucking pizzas at a legendary manager who is a pensioner at the time, almost physically assaulting a player who just missed a penalty, treating your greatest ever manager like dogshit despite him still overperforming. I don't totally buy into the "banter club" memes but they definitely have never had any clue how to act like a respectful big club.

Rajma

What a game. :lol: Full of low quality chaos but happy with 3 points and to finally move into the next chapter. Arsenal a proper wank by the way.

DickDastardly

Good result.

Not a very controlled game.
Bruno needs to be more patient.
Rashford needs to focus.

Sancho brilliant. Rarely loses the ball.

We need to get Donny involved in the first 11.

And i want Greenwood back. The kid makes things happen.

largelyworried

Great, enjoyable game, albeit an uneven performance. But when you look at the table, it sure looks a lot better now. Roll on the new manager.

Ronaldo doing Ronaldo things…
Dave making Dave saves
Fred second very good game in a row.

Very good second half. Great results.

Betson

Entertaining game and a great result which is the most important thing.

But I think when Rangnick goes home tonight the amount of needless balls we gave away and the number of chances we gave up will be what occupy s his mind most. He has a big job ahead of him.

Real Name

Deserved win, hard thought but deserved. We pushed and puffed and muffed and got our 3 points. Were wank in some periods but really an important win, really important to stop the rot.
Liked the look of Dalot and Telles.

Oh and I love Fred and his effort.

And Ronaldo the problem strikes again. :)

Step in Herr Ragnick.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Difficult to pick MOTM. Went for Dalot, but could just as well have been Lindelof, followed by Maguire and Ronnie.

1st half was terrible, 2nd half a bit better. Don't rate this Arsenal side but they're starting to gel as a team.

Is that quote attributed to Carrick about pressing and counter attack genuine? Reminded me of trophies and ego (if true).

BestRed

Delighted with that, big win before Ralf comes in & gets them goin. And well done to Carrick too, done an important job the last few games.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Very entertaining game and a much needed win.

All of the potential 'weak links' in McFred and the full backs played well and Maguire was closer to his usual level of dependency. Encouraging.

Far too small a sample size to make a judgement, but I would say we've looked marginally more like a team with a plan under Carrick, so he can hand over the keys and consider it a job well done.

Now we start our run of favourable fixtures, all the way up to the end of February. We should look at this as an opportunity to pull away from the teams around us, and I think we will.

big rons sovereign

Decent win.

Total lack of class from Arsenal.

Watching the first goal you can see that Smith Rowe takes a look at De Gea whilst he is on the ground before the ball reaches him. It does not surprise me, for a historically big club Arsenal have always acted in a manner that can only be described as small time, whether it is chucking pizzas at a legendary manager who is a pensioner at the time, almost physically assaulting a player who just missed a penalty, treating your greatest ever manager like dogshit despite him still overperforming. I don't totally buy into the "banter club" memes but they definitely have never had any clue how to act like a respectful big club.
Atkinson was looking right at De gea on the ground with his whistle to his lips, yet did nothing.
You can be sure he'd have disallowed it at the other end. Twat.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Really fun game. Weird how all 3 of Carrick's games have been so different from each other.

Also definitely a pattern today in terms of creating chances - a lot of those cute passes from the wing onto an underlapping runner. 2 of the goals were Fred-> Sancho, and Ronaldo had a shot from a pass like that too.

Irritating to get a right-winger and have him thrive on the left. So now it's Ronaldo, Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Lingard, and Pogba who all prefer that side :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Apparently, Carrick has stepped down as interim coach and decided to leave the club with immediate effect.

Why?

Rustyspider13

Fantastic result and a brilliant game for the neutrals, was at the edge of my seat in the second half. Carrick ends his tenure undefeated, congrats to him and the coaches, got three good results that sets up the Rangnick era quite well.

Sancho was MOTM for me. His threaded passes are the only reason we won that. Helped out Telles at times too. All our attackers contributed something tonight which is great to see. Ronaldo of course does what he does, simply incredible to reach 801. He seemed to press a lot more than usual, maybe showing the new boss he can do it if required.

Fred made up for his errors with his runs into the box. His stamina allows him to keep going up and down the pitch and while his ball playing might never be good enough, that kind of energy can always be useful. DDG also got in a good save after not being able to stop the first goal. Dalot had a decent showing as well. His ball to Rashford for the second is a highlight.

If Rangnick manages to add some structure in our buildup from defense to midfield to attack we should get top 4. Patience will be required but exciting times ahead.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Mental stuff. Mistakes galore but plenty of heart and some decent football in there. Fred with some huge contributions. Bring on the next chapter.

OverratedOpinion

Atkinson was looking right at De gea on the ground with his whistle to his lips, yet did nothing.
You can be sure he'd have disallowed it at the other end. Twat.
I don't think it is on the referee personally, he could have stopped it but he is only obligated to if it were a head injury.

I think there were 2 major issues. 1 that Smith Rowe was so desperate to score in an empty net with an unfair advantage and 2 the embarrassing way Arsenal celebrated the goal. I hope they feel hugely embarrassed after they went on to lose the game after that.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 291 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal
  • 19% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal