PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:2 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Thu, 02 December 2021

Will Singh

Very impressed by our full backs and they deserve more game time, Fred had a crap 1st half but a good 2nd half. Ronnie steps up again and the passion we showed I haven’t seen in a long time. Arsenal are shite and always are against us but we seem to let them off the hook but not tonight. feck the ref! GET IN!

Winrar

Our first fecking win against Arsenal in almost 3 years finally.

Made hard work of it too, but in the end we just needed to get it over the line before Rangnick takes over so job done.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Still work to do but that was a encouraging display. It was also good to hear the coaching staff tell the players to stay high in the dying minutes.

oreon

Apparently, Carrick has stepped down as interim coach and decided to leave the club with immediate effect.

Why?
Because he has pride. Phelan, Carrick & McKenna are only being kept on because the club doesn't want to pay them out. Ideally when there's a change in the manager, the new guy brings in his own people. Especially in this case where Rangnick is tasked with transforming how the club operates. It was a honorable decision to step down. Phelan should do the same. Phelan has no future in the club and probably has no future coaching in the elite football. What is his rationale for staying except to continue getting paid. He offers nothing. He should step aside so Rangnick can bring his own guy. With his years of experience he has to have some pride

Red00012

The most important thing was the 3 points

special mention to the ref for not spotting DDG on the ground until the ball went in the net

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Apart from that, imo he was our best defender.

Fred MoM, the complete opposite of McTom, please bench him Ralf and give Donny a run of games. Has Rashford got something wrong in his head, he looks totally lost and uninterested out there.

Not a bad performance, especially after that opening goal.
Agree that Fred - DvB is our best midfield pairing behind Bruno, for the time being. Fred does a lot of stupid shit, but if properly coached by a proper coach like Rangnick, he can do the job until we buy somebody better. DvB is the best #8 we have considering Pogba is leaving. And I think he can be a great one long-term. It's nice that he can also play #10 if needed, but I wouldn't compete him and Bruno for #10 position. Bruno is gonna play most matches and we won't utilize DvB enough that way.

Judas

Open to offers
Fred just can't be played as 6. I do think Ralf will get a good tune out of him oddly enough.

McTominay is astonishingly poor these days. Hopefully he can be reborn.

NewGlory

Could see Ralf's influence on how we played today....Pressed high a lot
I seriously doubt Ralf jumped into making recommendations, especially to Carrick who announced after the match that he is leaving, so very unlikely Carrick was brown-nosing to him and asking for advice off-the-record.

alexthelion

Good result.

Not a very controlled game.
Bruno needs to be more patient.
Rashford needs to focus.

Sancho brilliant. Rarely loses the ball.

We need to get Donny involved in the first 11.

And i want Greenwood back.
The kid makes things happen.
Agreed.

Greenwood for Rashford, Donny, for McTom.

big rons sovereign

I don't think it is on the referee personally, he could have stopped it but he is only obligated to if it were a head injury.

I think there were 2 major issues. 1 that Smith Rowe was so desperate to score in an empty net with an unfair advantage and 2 the embarrassing way Arsenal celebrated the goal. I hope they feel hugely embarrassed after they went on to lose the game after that.
They'll feel nothing of the sort, they're like southern scousers.
I remember after Ramsey broke his leg, they'd freak out at the slightest challenge for about 5 years after.

Bottom line though, if De Gea wasn't being such a little bitch (again) we wouldn't be having this discussion.

NewGlory

Fred just can't be played as 6. I do think Ralf will get a good tune out of him oddly enough.

McTominay is astonishingly poor these days. Hopefully he can be reborn.
He can better than McT or the legs-gone-Matic, and he will until we buy a proper #6. I reckon it will happen in January

ElectroManiac

I voted for Sancho as my MoM because I though he was good today and important on two goals we scored, but Ronaldo deserve it for sure. At the end of the game you can see he was tired as he did put a shift today. I though he was pressing more today.

SamVimes

Listening to Carrick's interview on Amazon. The integrity and honesty of the man is amazing. He has given 15 years to our Club and walks away with his head held high.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Credit to Carrick for actually rotating the full backs, they rewarded him with a great performance. Wan Bissaka doesn’t get forward and thread that pass through for the second goal, he just doesn’t. By the time he’s controlled the ball Arsenal would have 9 men behind it.

BorisManUtd

Scholes doesn't talk half shite. Says it's the same like the last 4-5 weeks. When did we ever press like that under Ole. Scholes doesn't really use his eyes much as a pundit it seems, considering how amazing he was as a midfielder.
It's obviously better than last few months under Ole but nothing spectacular, performances wise. We could've lost to Chelsea easily and tonight, as good as some moments were, we were never in control, had 3-2 lead for last 25 minutes but couldn't keep the ball properly, luckily we played better in defence and Aubameyang didn't score that big chance.

Yes, it's better results and some positives but same issues shown again. Hopefully we improve our midfield to become better at controling games, otherwise it'll always be these crazy results.

NewGlory

Agreed.

Greenwood for Rashford, Donny, for McTom.
Yes, and we don't need to play the same 11 until 80+th minute, for feck's sake. Fresh legs matter, we have good players on the bench, we should use our subs to re-energize the team in the second half, as early as 65th minute or sometimes even earlier. Rashy could have been subbed at half-time today. Probably should have. Since we will be playing high-tempo, high energy with Ralf, I expect this becoming important and us seeing earlier and more meaningful subs.

KingCavani

Credit to Carrick for actually rotating the full backs, they rewarded him with a great performance. Wan Bissaka doesn’t get forward and thread that pass through for the second goal, he just doesn’t. By the time he’s controlled the ball Arsenal would have 9 men behind it.
I think they were injured. Shaw definitely was. AWB wasn’t even on the bench which would be bizarre if he was fit.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think they were injured. Shaw definitely was. AWB wasn’t even on the bench which would be bizarre if he was fit.
I heard he hurt his hand or something, not sure how badly but Ole has played players through injuries loads of times. I’m willing to give Carrick some credit for trusting his squad to come in and do a job, which they did. Ole never seemed to trust anyone but his first 11.

Coleyoscar

The most important thing was the 3 points

special mention to the ref for not spotting DDG on the ground until the ball went in the net
True. And having to be told about a clear penalty right in front of him.
Laughable, but par for the course for Mr Atkinson.

NK86

It's obviously better than last few months under Ole but nothing spectacular, performances wise. We could've lost to Chelsea easily and tonight, as good as some moments were, we were never in control, had 3-2 lead for last 25 minutes but couldn't keep the ball properly, luckily we played better in defence and Aubameyang didn't score that big chance.

Yes, it's better results and some positives but same issues shown again. Hopefully we improve our midfield to become better at controling games, otherwise it'll always be these crazy results.
Improved defensively, pressed a lot better, got better results. No one is claiming we have turned into a juggernaut but to say it's the same like the last few weeks of Ole where we were torn apart by everyone means they are either blind or just too thick.

cyberman

Clattenburg pretending that he ref doesn’t blow every single time a keeper goes down no matter the circumstance.

MrBest

Loved it, what a great way for Carrick to leave the club. That was the best Man United performance i have seen for a very for long time. I can't even be bothered to think about who was good and bad, i felt that was a good team effort.

siw2007

Great game of football, great result for the team! Most players had a good game and we responded well to what was a strange first goal for Arsenal. Dalot had his best game in a red shirt yet, Telles was very good too. Don’t know what happened to Rashford, worked very hard for first hour, played a decent game and then bang, his application fell off a cliff, maybe better off the bench at the weekend.

Thank you to Carrick for seeing us through these three games, 2 wins and a draw is as good as I could have asked for since he stepped in. I think it’s a good decision for him to step away from the club and learn his trade elsewhere.

Blood Mage

Listening to Carrick's interview on Amazon. The integrity and honesty of the man is amazing. He has given 15 years to our Club and walks away with his head held high.
Yes it was classy. I've given him plenty of stick which I still think is richly deserved but he can walk out with his head held high. Like Ole he was a legendary player for us and that won't be forgotten.

Denis79

Improving slowly but surely, I got a feeling Fred will be amazing under Ragnick.

BorisManUtd

Improved defensively, pressed a lot better, got better results. No one is claiming we have turned into a juggernaut but to say it's the same like the last few weeks of Ole where we were torn apart by everyone means they are either blind or just too thick.
Not sure if there is ever again going to happen a period in our season as bad as last month or two under Ole. 4-2 to Leicester, 5-0 to Liverpool, 2-0 to City and 4-1 to Watford. I hope it doesn't anyways.

r1z3mu

Carrick undefeated - good
3 goals scored - good
2 goals allowed - bad

Not very happy but still happy. Keep getting points.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’d love for Evra to give a breakdown of what “United DNA” actually means.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The win was the most important thing but we did it in typical United fashio. Open game, twists and turns, 3-2 and a bottlejob from Arse with a spice of crap refereeing.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 291 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal
  • 19% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal