PL L FA Premier League

Arsenal 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 April 2022

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Frustrating thing is we actually played well for some periods and had decent chances.

Had a penalty not given in the 1st half, not even reciewed by VAR.

Fernandes misses a pen (shock horror), why is he even taking it when we have the best fecking penalty taker in the world.

Then another penalty on Elanga not given.

Dalot hits the post twice.
As soon as we run into adversity it feels like everyone's heads drop.

That, coupled with awful fitness levels, is a terrible combination to have.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Said it once and I'll say it again. Arsenal are just the jammiest team in recorded history against us. We could win 108 points next year and still find a way to lose to this shower twice.

siw2007

There’s our top 4 hopes well and truly gone if they weren’t in tatters already. Wasn’t much between the two sides, the big moments went against us, be it bad finishing, bad luck or VAR. Ronaldo can walk out with his head held high, not so much the others.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
It’s always darkest before the dawn.

Things needed to crumble big time to show some thruths that are difficult to accept.

We need 10 new players and at least 10 need to feck off.

Ten Hag will get the chance to build from scratch, this is good.

The only players we should keep are DDG, Varane, Sancho, Ronaldo, Maguire, Shaw, Fred and Bruno (barely qualifies atm).

Everybody else should be replaced.

Orange Tree

One of those matches.... Officiating didn't help either.

Positive is that, Arteta is likely to stay on.

ti vu

Can't sustain our pressing.

Had our chance to not lose the game, but blew it. Third goal killed the game, when the starter ran out of gas, and replacements are meh.

Bruno had a shocker with the armband. Bleak picture of the state of the club

Hoof the ball

Not really gonna complain. We got some bad calls against us for sure, but we'd do well to remember that we should have finished the last quarter of the game with 10 men.

redom

Should have got something from that at the very least. The less said about the officiating the better but we are also masters of our own demise with the defensive errors and missed chances, it just seems that nothing can go right for us at the moment, hopefully we're saving up some sort of good fortune piggy bank for next season to give ETH a helping hand, he's going to need it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Isn't it obvious? now that Ralf has stated his dislike towards the players they will not play for him, even more than before. It's just how they work, their mentality. I used to support them and put the blame mainly on the manager but some have done it to Jose and Ole. Ole in particular has left this impression in me that most of these players are simply dickheads. A nice manager who's always talk highly of you and you didn't even want to put in the effort for him. The last games under Ole were players throwing their towels knowing Ole will be sacked anyway. Unbelievable. Next season please.

shazzmufc

Just read somewhere that Ten Hag has fecked off Onana out of Ajax (‘on holiday’) for the rest of the season, as he’s downed tools, etc.

Take a leaf out of his book and let’s play more of the youth players. At least they’ll have a go and give us a chance to assess some of them for next season. Give the fans some hope. What more can we lose now?

Iron Stove

No fight in this team. We've lost the little bit of spark that was still there. Feels like the whole situation is toxic and that we need to get rid of a big chunk of the squad to start afresh, but who in the world would even want these clowns at the ridiculous wages they are earning? Depressing as hell. And to think this team used to be the gold standard of English football... ETH has his work cut out for him, no doubt.

hobbers

They were so bad in their own half there. But we were worse.

Bruno's spinelessness cost us the chance to equalise and we would have probably gone on to win.

Bottlejob misses the pen, they score, we go down to 9 men when Rashford and Lingard come on. Everyone stops trying.

MonkeysMagic

How anyone self respecting Utd fan thinks that ANY of our defenders at the club are PL level, is beyond me. That's 8 defenders for
a start we need to get rid of!

The rest...well the season was over on 15th March, this is just purgatory having to endure till 22nd of May.

tomaldinho1

Two bang average teams. Really could have gone either way.

Bruno missed penalty, gave ball away for their third goal and should have been sent off. His place is under threat now and I doubt ETH is planning on building a possession heavy team around a player who seems to play football like hot potato.

slored1

Sad how broken this group of players are. I have no idea if Ten Hag is able to repair some of them, but if he does not, we are in deep deep shit.

abailey123

Both full backs absolutely terrible at doing their primary job, defending.
Thought we looked decent in the final 3rd. Pawson missing the foul on Elanga was criminal and probably turned the game.

Robbie Boy

I actually thought we played ok-ish, funnily enough. I hope I can start to like Bruno again because he's become an insufferable prick.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Sad how broken this group of players are. I have no idea if Ten Hag is able to repair some of them, but if he does not, we are in deep deep shit.
Most are out of contract or being sold

Rustyspider13

On another day, Elanga's penalty gets given/ Bruno scores our pen/ Ronaldo isn't offside/ Xhaka's shot goes wide etc. We are poor and unlucky to boot. It's always darkest before the dawn and we're in pitch black territory, so hopefully EtH will shine a light next season.

Lentwood

We won't improve until we address the centre of midfield.

We arguably need to address every area of the pitch, but until we sort CM we're not going to see the full benefit of fixing other areas

El Jefe

Well at least we can't blame Maguire. Then again I wouldn't put it past some of you.

RedIan

The game was there for the taking, Arsenal were crap. Only our shocking defending handed them 3 goals. First goal, no words. Should have been an easy clearance, their pen was dubious , Elanga looked more nailed on pen.. Third one was a great strike but he was left with 10 yds of space..

we hit the bar and then the post twice fine margins.. on another day that’s an easy win but it sums up this awful season.

still dumbfounded Ronaldo didn’t take our penalty. Decent offensive play especially first half and created good chances but the defending is just none league standard,

Aretak

Arsenal didn't even play well, that's the sad thing. Had Ronaldo taken and scored that penalty, I honestly think it would have been a win. At least we can stop hearing about the top four "race" now.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 196 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd
  • 11% Arsenal 2:1 Man Utd