PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 04 September 2022

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Its not easy to beat a team that is currently flying with a pace merchant up top.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
It was a very interesting game. We learned a lot. The midfield isn't quite there. Malacia lost his duel against Saka IMO, and Jesus gave Martinez a tough afternoon.

But...feels like we have our United back. Grit & determination. Old Trafford feels like a fortress again. We have character in this squad and we can build on this. Fantastic to see Antony get off the mark so soon.

Dobba

How shite was Ramsdale for that Antony goal by the way? The most publicised left footed player in the Premier League and you dive the other way one on one. Absolute clown car stuff.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
That United we saw today … would scare any team. And it will improve. Need to mince a few minnows. I love Bruno. Always have since he arrived here.

Galactico

Entertaining match. It felt like old Arsenal vs. old United. Arsenal were trying to pass it into the net and overcooked their build up. We had characters who could change games and a strong bench to rescue us or close out the game if needed. Antony was an exciting debut and to grab a goal was great. Lots more to come I’m sure. I think McT deserves a lot of credit for his recent performances. Malacia had a tough duel but improved as the game went on. Bruno was everywhere and Antony also did a lot defensively. I actually was expecting Rashford to come off because he wasn’t closing down enough but glad ETH left him on. Ronaldo is dying to score and smelled blood. We probably could have secured another goal but Ronaldo needs to realise it isn’t about his records.great defensive play today, great counter attacks. So many positives. Also, credit to Arsenal. I think they look so much better than the last couple of seasons.

Laurencio

Ten Hag is a miracle worker. 3 weeks ago we were beat comfortably by Brentford, today we beat the undefeated league leaders. Get in! Loving the fight we are putting up and the effort from the players.

Malacia is the best left back we've had since Evra - and he was a bargain and a half. Also loved Antony's celebration, these players actually care! Absolutely chuffed at the progress we've seen so far, can't wait to see more. What can this man do with another season - absolutely delighted.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Keane winding every one up:

“we’ve given arsenal a lot of plaudits today but I was never interested in that, I was interest in the points.”

Merson: “yeah but there’s a way to lose Roy, you don’t mind losing like that”

“oh great, have a sing along on the way home then”
:lol:

SirAnderson

I have a man crush on Eriksen, can't stop smiling when I see him. Such a player. Wish we got him earlier. But then again, think we got him at the right time, he might have been turned into a virus under the coaches we had in the past.

siw2007

Great result and 4 wins in a row! We were a little fortunate to win this afternoon, I thought Arsenal were great in periods of the game, they just lacked the finishing touch and we exploited that excellently, especially Rashford and Fernandes. Great debut by Antony, a really fun display from him, reminds me so much of a young Nani so hope he develops into a similar player (the 2010-2011 version).

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
How shite was Ramsdale for that Antony goal by the way? The most publicised left footed player in the Premier League and you dive the other way one on one. Absolute clown car stuff.
I mean that's how De Gea looked sometimes with Awb, Maguire, Lindelof and Shaw. Zinchenko did him zero favors there and Saliba had a horrendous game as well. How Zinchenko let Antony so wide open is beyond me.

El Zoido

“we’ve given arsenal a lot of plaudits today but I was never interested in that, I was interest in the points.”

Need a video of this. :lol:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Great to get the win but we were taught a real footballing lesson today IMO. Foundations are there, but we have a long way to go before we look like what I’d call a top football team. Arsenal looked like one today, but thankfully we got the result. We’re currently better without the ball than with it.
What I don't get is that we've shown the ability to play proper football but we somehow give up on that either when we score or just randomly after 15 or so minutes.

The way we started this game was similar to how we started the Liverpool game which we dominated for 15 minutes or so then dropped off.

In Liverpool's case we dropped off after scoring and decided to defend while in the Arsenal's case we got spooked after their disallowed goal. You mean to tell me we're incapable of playing the way we started today for longer than 15 minutes? We just somehow decided to drop all that and play safe after getting spooked.

Hopefully we see better performances going forward. Let's see us play proper football for more than just a half or after scoring a goal.

Dve

I missed it because my other half had arranged a pissing dog walk with her friends that apparently I was required at. Ffs
So, she/he had arranged a dog walk without asking you, just when United were playing, and you had to obey to it. Great stuff.

Telsim

Had a fair bit of luck, but you don't win 3:1 only with luck. Long ways to go, but we build from here.

Stuffing Arsenal is always a good thing. Hopefully it rattles them and they get taken down a peg in their following fixtures.

wangyu

A working class win over a better technical team.
This for now will do for me as long as eventually we will also become a dominant team.
As in the previous couple of games we have to applaud the work rate and togetherness of the team. The team spirit is climbing and it is fantastic to see. Ronaldo is dealing with his situation tremendously well. He so far isn‘t a whining liability, he comes on and shows his willingness to work for the team.

In attack it is all a bit subpar until those brilliant moments of Bruno arrive. With 2 key passes he decided the game.

Loving it and this would be the first time in many years I actually start to feel some passion again. I’m still not quite there yet but I start anticipating games again and when the players on the pitch show that spirit week in week out I will root for them big time!

Dobba

I mean that's how De Gea looked sometimes with Awb, Maguire, Lindelof and Shaw. Zinchenko did him zero favors there and Saliba had a horrendous game as well. How Zinchenko let Antony so wide open is beyond me.
It doesn't matter how the player got there with the ball. On what planet is the most known left footed player in the league going to shoot near post from that angle?

ThinkTank@Cafe

Arsenal are pussies.

Ten Hag fixed the main problem - lack of leadership, grit, and organization. Now his team is full of multiple CL winners. There is a nasty and determined bunch worth comparing to Fergie’s best squads in terms of mentality. Stamp of approval from Keano.

I’m confident this season. We will be close.

mu4c_20le

Writing next seasons Ted Lasso :drool:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Honestly Arsenal the best team we've played so far and we still got a win. I am so pleased to see the resilience shown.

Dream start for Antony and hope he keeps improving. He played some nice stuff too.

McT was great, so was Eriksen. Bruno's best game so far. Honestly they all contributed to this win.

Pleased to see Rashford making good decisions and getting those goals. He was still in and out of the game, and has to work on that, but well done today!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Merson saying it was a one sided game.
Riiight.

We've heard this before from Arsenal.

mav_9me

The importance of this win cannot be overstated. Our fixture list is just brutal and this was kind of a must win and we were able to do it. So happy. Hands held up on Mctominay for the first time. He was absolutely immense today. Actually he and Eriksen were brilliant.

The lethal counters of the early Ole era are back. We just need more control in the middle of the park. That is the next stage of our evolution I think.
Can't happen with McT, unfortunately

World Game

Trash?
I take it you've not seen the table and noticed their start to the season? :lol:
If you look at the table you will see the average placement of their opponents before us is 15.
For comparison the average placement of our opponents before them is 5.1.
They are trash. Beating other trash doesn’t make them not trash.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Where’s everyone who was slating me when I said rashford should start upfront against these???

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tyler Blackett* :D
I was struggling to remember the second half of his name!
At least another one of these poor youngsters, Borthwick-Jackson pops up against my boys Wycombe in league 1. No idea where Blackett ;) plays now.

Reddevildans

Shape and intensity. The biggest two facets we have been missing for years. We now have it. There will still be major bumps on the way to redemption. But atleast there's progress.

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 528 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal
  • 14% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal