PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:2 Aston Villa

Post-match discussion

Sun, 01 December 2019

Suvvernmanc

Other managers get sacked for doing better than us. Ole gets time because he's a utd legend. Stupid

Irrational.

We rested players against Astana for this :lol:

2 points, five goals conceded against two newly promoted sides.

No excuses.

Probably Ole post match: "we were a little unlucky and Rashy should've had a couple. We'll get the lads together ready for Spurs."

Eli Zee

Every week I am left disappointed having spent two hours watching a shitty, boring performance.

The sad part is I know it won’t change any time soon, but I still tune in. Waste of time. Garbage performance from almost everyone.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Not good enough. Spurs and City coming up. We're screwed.

We can't defend Ole after this. He has to go.
Not too worried about Spurs and City. We do well against the big boys.

But that was a poor result today, disappointing. No matter if Ole is sacked or kept, the club HAS to bring in midfielders in January and not at the end of the month, but pronto.

Sing you a song

I’ve backed Ole all the way, but the results aren’t good enough.
If he doesn’t get sacked tomorrow morning, I think it’s only a matter of time until he does.
Our strikers really need to start taking a chance on themselves in the box.
tell me what would you have done differently with a midfield of Fred , Pereira and Garner to choose from today

Fred and Pereira are the worst 2 I’ve ever seen in our midfield but we have no other options .
Martial The most overrated player in the prem we have little up fromt and nothing in midfield

Jose could do nothing with this lot ( and he bought half of them ) so what can you expect , yeh let’s sack Ole when we all know that the squad absolutely stinks .
He needs 2 more windows ,it would be idiotic to sack him and start AGAIN at this stage

Zoo

We do lack so much quality and it was a mid-table clash where both teams could not be separated.

But Ole can't be defended anymore: starting Pereira once again after last week, leaving Mata on for so long, giving Greenwood just 7 minutes to make an impact.

He's a very poor manager and this can't go on. We're not an experiment.

Patrick220571

More than a third of the season gone and we are level on points with the mighty Burnley. We Trail Wolves and Sheffield United.

Spurs and Arsenal, who have both sacked their managers for poor performance are above us too. Not to mention Chelsea and Leicester whose managers have had less time in the hot seat than our manager has.

I can't see us finishing in the top 8.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sadly Williams at fault for the equaliser, wasnt the best game from him.

Rashford is such a shite striker, why is he never getting in the box. Felt sorry for James, the amount of good work he did.

Just feels like we can't do anything right atm. Players have to take a lot of the flack for this result.

Irrational.

Not too worried about Spurs and City. We do well against the big boys.

But that was a poor result today, disappointing. No matter if Ole is sacked or kept, the club HAS to bring in midfielders in January and not at the end of the month, but pronto.
Absolutely.

Jericholyte2

I just don't get why we expect any different when we have no midfield. I’m not talking about a bad or inconsistent one, but no midfield at all!

Shaktar boss said Fred is best as a CAM, Pereira at best is a CAM, Mata is a CAM. All we have is McT and Pogba (arguably better as a CAM).

Was criminal not to reinforce this in the summer.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

No excuses.

Probably Ole post match: "we were a little unlucky and Rashy should've had a couple. We'll get the lads together ready for Spurs."
I’d have happily started Matic and half that team that went to Astana today instead of Pereira. He was that bad

Jonno

The thing about this is that not one single person will be able to do anything with Fred and Pereira in the midfield. We will proably look better with McT. and Pogba if he ever comes back but to go through managers is pointless with this squad.
Hes no choice but to play those two in our midfield because he let Herrera leave for nothing and chose not to replace him. Now we’re light in midfield.

Judas

Open to offers

No excuses.

and the pathetic thing is I fully expected it to go like this anyway! What was the point? What does this team actually do in training?

JG3001

Just let it sink in that this club has spent the best part of a £billion to get where it is today...

Worst run club in top flight football

nainaisson

We are number 9 in the league, and top 4 is so far away. I know Solskjær is a true legend, but does anyone really believe, that he is the right manager for us?
With a midfield of Pereira and Fred, a point against anyone is a miracle. The only people who deserve the sack are the ones who gave them contracts.

DSG

Good draw at home.

Seriously though, just not good enough. I’d like to see Ole be given more time, but it’s hard to when we perform like this.

redmanc

As poor as the football is I'm really not sure what a change in manager will bring if it were to happen with the squad as it currently is, which is totally lacking creativity and general overall quality.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Consistently shocking defending, another poor display in CM from Pereira (although good set piece delivery as usual and a lovely assist), forwards like statues in the box. I can't wait for Man United to have an aggressive forward who is desperate to get on the end of things again, it's been so long now that we've not had one.

Lindelof header was a beaut tbf to him but again Maguire is the only one taking responsibility at the back really even if he didn't have the best of games.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I usually give managers the benefit of doubt until Christmas but my patience is wearing thin. So many bad players playing for us. Dumb attackers. With the way our squad is we should still be playing like Mourinho because it's not capable of much more.

W D L D W W L D D D L D W W W L W W D L D

Wolves, Crystal Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Arsenal, AZ Alkmaar, Newcastle, Liverpool, Bournemouth, Sheffield Utd, Astana and Aston Villa. These are the matches we failed to win. Liverpool stands out like a sore thump doesn't it.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
It all starts at the top. Ed Woodward is the root of our troubles, but since he can't be removed, I guess the manager has to go. We are at 18 points after 14 games - that's absolutely unacceptable. Managers at clubs performing better than us are being sacked left right and centre. Ole has to go because he thought it was okay to get into this season with the midfield and attack we have.

Eric's Seagull

Really disappointed with the result. Lucky that Graelish missed just before we scored. Amazing ball from Pereira for Rashford header. Decent header by Lindelof. Gutted Martial missed the chance to score the winner.

Okey

At some point the board will have to make a decision. We can't afford to become what 'Pool were for so many years. This team needs a 400 - 500 million pound revamp of the playing squad. And a proper manager to handle that. It's all great backing your manager like they've done with Ole, but the evidence is he's out of his depth. They'll have to decide if this loyalty is worth it if the club are going nowhere on the pitch.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Your kidding right. Apparently Villa have 1 win in 41 attempts at Old Trafford and your saying a draws a good result.
We love to break these types of records nowadays, to be fair!

Obviously I'm not happy, and don't think it's a good result at all. I just expected worse!

Snafu17

This was the most predictable feck up we ever managed to feck up.

Incredibly we managed to be ok whenever we were actually able to get to the final third ( which might admittedly have a lot to do with Villa being awful defensively), but we were absolutely atrocious in midfield. Fred and Pereira pulled out probably the worst midfield performance since that Blackburn loss when Park and Rafael played in midfield, which says a lot, considering the later two were a fullback and a winger. So incredibly bad offensively and somehow even worse when defending. Fred was the better one of the two, but that's only because Pereira was absolutely abysmal. There's literally nothing positive you can get out of that performance. It's as hopeless as it gets.

Sacking Ole might be the right choice but it legitimately doesn't matter if we won't add any additional midfielders in the January transfer window. Mctominay held that midfield on his own defensively, there's no coincidence we started conceding so many goals the minute he got injured. It really puts our summer dealings in perspective, in the sense of how truly awful they were. We were one injury away from losing all creativity and another from completely collapsing as a unit, so obviously both happened. It was just negligence.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If you think this is bad, our next 2 games is Spurs and City
We won't look anywhere near as bad in those games because we'll sit and defend for our lives and then break on the counter.

Any time and any team we have the onus to attack will make us look far worse than ones we go into the game hoping to nick counter-attacking points off of.

It's a far from gracious position for Manchester United to be in. We're really in a bad way.

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 236 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:0 Aston Villa
  • 20% Man Utd 2:1 Aston Villa