PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:2 Aston Villa

Post-match discussion

Sun, 01 December 2019

Al-T

What's left to say that hasn't been said umpteen times this season?

Do these players even train together?

Four wins in fourteen games. Dismal.

Solskjaer the player will always be a club legend.

Solskjaer the manager is done.

Joseunited

It's so bad but not near as bad as it's going to get.The idiots that own/run the club have dug themselves a fecking hole spouting the nonsense that we need stabilize and create a philosophy of how the club needs to be run, signing young players,promoting from within, manager stability that they now can't sack Ole.
As a player he was fantastic but there can't be any sentiment in this game, I'm sorry but he is absolutely fecking clueless as a Manchester United manager.
It's a horrible thing to say but for the love of this club just walk away.

OLLY ORANGE

We didn't deserve any thing. Villa bossed us in the midfield and deserved at least a point.
Very poor all round

doriandun

I see where you’re coming from, and I agree I think he’s got the shitty end of the stick taking on this squad.
Football is a results business though, the pressure will be on him and I can’t see how we beat Tottenham and City.
I have a lot of respect for Solskjær, but he’s not turning it around with this squad, and I doubt he’ll get the time to make more changes to it.
How can you agree, when the only players from Mourinho's era are Bailly who is in the treatment room, and Fred [have reservation was a Mourinho buy] and Linderof, plus Matic who is either injured or not getting a game.

Alot of the problems is down to poor attitude and coaching

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
We were the better team but gave up two stupid goals. Horrible defending by Periera on the first goal, and even worse defending on the second to leave a guy wide open when Villa is in possession at the edge of the 18. THat is NOT the time to run forward. That is the time to pick up your man and mark him tight. And why oh why is Ole still playing Periera in the #6? I understand why he tried him there last week, but it clearly didn't work. We also scored 2 quick goals last week when Ole switched to a 4-4-2 with a front 4 of James, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood with Lingard and Fred in midfield. Why he didn't do that again when he brought on Greenwood is a real head scratcher. Why bring off Martial when we need a goal? I would rather see us give up a goal while trying to win all 3 points then see us take off our best players and end up in a tie. Especially when the 4-4-2 worked so well for the short time that we saw it last week against one of the top defenses in the league...

Sing you a song

Jose is a poor example because he’d clearly had enough.
I agree, if we get Poch in and keep these players we’ll be no better, but people aren’t happy with the results, which isn’t unfair.
We’re a long way from the top iregardless of who is in charge, but we’ve dropped too many points under Ole.
I disagree .
Jose is a perfect example
Not even him a vastly experienced serial winner could get a tune out of this shambles of a squad .
As my poor old mum would have said you can’t make a silk purse out of a pigs ear .

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can’t wait for then next manager to fail already :drool:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How can you agree, when the only players from Mourinho's era are Bailly who is in the treatment room, and Fred [have reservation was a Mourinho buy] and Linderof, plus Matic who is either injured or not getting a game.

Alot of the problems is down to poor attitude and coaching
Eh? You think we’ve replaced all the players bar four of them since José was here?

KekiZeki

Some people reacting here as if we're seeing the finished product. More sensible of us might realize that the manager needs to find players who work for him and those who don't. If we had all wins it would be perfect already but we know it's not. When results are not great is the time when you can asses who the proper players are for your team, those who help to turn it around vs. those who don't contribute enough.

I know this is not popular way of doing things, but how do you think we would continue with the new manager if Solskjaer was sacked? Any new manager would do the same.

Since some people here love Klopp so much remember how he continued when he took over after Rodgers? Apart from EL they were just as bad or even worse as in the previous season with Rodgers. Solskjaer can still deliver Europa League and get us in, or close to 4'th.

It's easy to look at other teams and cherry pick the good times, forgetting the hard times and the work that goes in to making a top team. It was so long ago since sir Alex did it for us that a lot of the fan base forgot that period, which is unsurprising, but what he did is unparalleled in world of football. No one built up and held the top team on top for so long. We need to be a bit more realistic and more patient. Things will fall in to place with time.

Alabaster Codify7

The most crucial thing is, this wasn't a surprising result at all.

A long-term plan doesnt mean you get played off the park by the majority of other teams, out-thought by other managers, of small newly promotd teams.

This bizarre experiment is almost over, boys, dont worry. We are shocking but we arent 'outplayed by Villa' shocking. That is on the coaching team. The prediction of gone by Christmas is still on, don't worry.

Ole Gunnar Sockpuppet.

Asger

Yet another shambolic performance witnessed by our useless manager. How long more will we have to endure this shite?
Until we stop using Rashford, Martial and James every week.

Thomas A.Anderson

I disagree .
Not even him a vastly experienced serial winner could get a tune out of this shambles of a squad .
As my poor old mum would have said you can’t make a silk purse out of a pigs ear .
I disagree, he did get a tune with the squad, he fell out with moron Woodward and gave up.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Rumor is that Poch will come in at the end of the season. Hope it's true.

Untd55

He was fecking 2nd with them.
Yeah, I don't get this argument from Solskjaer fans. They seem to be saying he was no better than Solskjaer has been.

He won the Europa League, League Cup, Reached the final of the FA Cup and Finished 2nd. Solskjaer isn't fit to clean the shoes of Mourinho's shoe cleaner.

RedIan

Another dire performance, getting so used to them now.. until we get a midfield this will continue... why did we wait until the last 20 minutes to pick up the pace.
spurs and city next, we desperately need Pogba and Mctominay back.

United Hobbit

I didn't see the game so cant really comment though followed the match day thread and got the gist of how we played

I wonder if our early Europa qualification is what's helping keep Ole in his role

I voted sack a while ago when we had our "mini" resurgence vs Norwich and Brighton I thought I wont change my vote yet but fair play if he has turned it around

Unfortunately it looks like he hasn't and still needs to go- how many more people would be voting sack if he had no previous connection to the club?

I continue with my view the club as a whole needs restructuring, I don't think we will ever truly know just what percentage of fault for the summer can be attributed to Ole, the Glazers and Woodward. Would we be in this position if we hadn't had the problems/ negligence of handling the transfer window in the summer?
However what brings the final nail in Ole's coffin for me is how we CAN play- look at some of our play against Brighton and at times Sheffield United- this for me, while I believe the players can do better, proves it's not the players and he could be doing better with the ones at his disposal. One thing I will say for him is I'm not getting the slightest feeling the players have downed tools which I did with Jose.

However when do we sack him? (Answer the club wont) but do we want to be sacking him before 2 big games against Jose's Tottenham who he has on a bounce then City who while they currently arent looking great still have multiple players that can hurt us? Also who is available?

Clubs in "better" positions than us have sacked their manager I'm wondering if the fantastic PSG game which while incredible at the time, has actually been what has ultimately hurt us the most, as it was probably one of the key moments that led to Ole being appointed early

On the tram home - seriously worried now. We should be beating Villa at home. Ole needs results in the next few games; Poch must be circling like a vulture over Old Trafford.

bdspeedy

This team, like a fish, rots from the head down. Out of excuses. Woodward is an utterly inept fraud. Time for the fans to go on strike until Eddy is forced to stop pretending he has any ability to deal with football related business. I'm fine if he is allowed to continue selling shirts.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Im going insane watching this week and week out. I always find myself being optimistic before a game than end up disappointed. I'm going to stop expecting us to win and accept that we have completed the transition to a mid-table, mediocre, joke of a team. Joke of a manager.

It's fecking dreadful. We should beat fecking Aston Villa. If this team were to find themselves in the championship, they sure as helll wouldn't earn enough points for a promotion.

Dreadful.
Mate, Aston Villa are our level. Most fans do not want to accept this (they are deluded), but the fact is that we are a mid-table side.
When I point this out fans get irate at me, even though I am not the one who makes decisions on our transfer spend.
The fact is that we are trying to save money and now that Ole has arrived, Ole will be used by Woodward as a shield.

Whatever the case, Ole is a problem, but Woodward is THE problem.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Thought this was going to be a comfortable win, yet the we continue to disappoint.

1. I've stood by Ole, but is at a breaking point now. Granted the squad is fecking shit, but this is simply not good enough. We look so incredbly disjointed and the distance between defense-midfield-attack is so massive
2. Movement ahead of the ball is still shite. Everyone just fecking stands there
3. Why is it so hard to actually move inside the box when someone puts a cross in? This is schoolyard stuff
4. The midfield we had out today is the worst i have ever seen.
5. Martial is never going to be a top player. Loads of talent but lacks the mental aspect.

RedWat

Can't blame that one on Ole, Herrera himself said that he was trying to get him to stay. His contact situation was fecked up long before OGS was appointed as a caretaker.
The problem wasn’t that Herrera left the problem was that the likes of him, Felaini & Lukaku wasn’t replaced resulting in us being bereft in midfield and attack. A bottom 6 side like Villa having a better midfield than us is inexcusable. Dan James has well since he came from Swansea but he should be a Plan B player for Utd coming on in the last 30mns or so to use his pace against tiring legs not a starter but because of the lack of quality Utd have upfront he starts every game. A lot of the players starting for Utd atm would barely make the subs bench at the top 6 teams. .

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I disagree .
To be fair to him he got a lot more of a tune than Ole did, he won a couple of trophies here at least.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ole to get the sack with Poch coming in for his first game - against Spurs.

In all seriousness, I think we’ll let Ole take the fall for the Spurs and City results before pulling the trigger, if we even want to, that is.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Would you class Jose as world class because he couldn’t get anything from them either
He got us 2nd place.
I would happily take 2nd place, every season, because eventually we will have a chance to get 1st place.
Jose wouldn't allow us to be in 9th place after 14 games.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
In all seriousness, I think we’ll let Ole take the fall for the Spurs and City results before pulling the trigger, if we even want to, that is.
That would be a VERY devious plan, if that is what Woodward has in mind.

Djemba-Djemba

He got us 2nd place.
I would happily take 2nd place, every season, because eventually we will have a chance to get 1st place.
Jose wouldn't allow us to be in 9th place after 14 games.
Where were we when Mourinho was sacked last season?

SAFMUTD

Some people reacting here as if we're seeing the finished product. More sensible of us might realize that the manager needs to find players who work for him and those who don't. If we had all wins it would be perfect already but we know it's not. When results are not great is the time when you can asses who the proper players are for your team, those who help to turn it around vs. those who don't contribute enough.

I know this is not popular way of doing things, but how do you think we would continue with the new manager if Solskjaer was sacked? Any new manager would do the same.

Since some people here love Klopp so much remember how he continued when he took over after Rodgers? Apart from EL they were just as bad or even worse as in the previous season with Rodgers. Solskjaer can still deliver Europa League and get us in, or close to 4'th.

It's easy to look at other teams and cherry pick the good times, forgetting the hard times and the work that goes in to making a top team. It was so long ago since sir Alex did it for us that a lot of the fan base forgot that period, which is unsurprising, but what he did is unparalleled in world of football. No one built up and held the top team on top for so long. We need to be a bit more realistic and more patient. Things will fall in to place with time.
Wait what? Oh new member...nice try Ole almost didn’t recognize you there

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 236 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:0 Aston Villa