PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:2 Aston Villa

Post-match discussion

Sun, 01 December 2019

b20times

Cracker of a game. Villa aren't a bad team considering they've come up. Maguire was immense.

Cockney Phil

The players were wooden and the performance was crap.
The manager is treading water and it’s hard to see a pattern of progress.

Sad. I feel sorry for Ole because the blame should be all on Woody with the chaos of managers and poor transfers but I see Ole carrying the clan.

MrSingh2002

Funny how Ole never takes responsibility for his own errors. Blames the players now far too much.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Which suggests the problem is far deeper than just the manager. Ole is dreadful, yes, but any manager would struggle here. Do you think that if Klopp was in charge he’d have us challenging? He’d struggle as well. It’s naive to think that just the one manager makes all the difference. It’s because of this naïveté from the fans that we continue to struggle.
While the problems do go deeper, the bad managerial candidate choices have not helped. Klopp would probably have taken the job if he hadn't seen the structural problems, so the two go hand in hand.

Respect for your spelling of naïveté btw

Member 119614

With Spurs and Arsenal firing their managers perhaps Woodward might feel the pressure to do the same.
Either way the results won't change, deep down we all know that. Last summer many players left, next summer many more will. After that we might finally build something?

RedB4ndiT

I really wish he would quit cos this board will not sack him.
If he quits, he loses out on millions. All managers are paid millions in compensation when they get fired. That's the first thing all managers have in their contract. He's guaranteed at least 5 million if he gets fired. He's just waiting for Woodward to pull the trigger.

Gordon S

Ole is comfortably the worst manager in any of the top tier leagues. Anyone in his place will be an improvement.
Mourinho is one of the best managers in the game and we were marginally better with him, and he had a more experienced and complete squad as well. I wouldn't mind if Ole got sacked tonight but i think we're just setting ourselves up for disappointment if we're expecting a new manager to make us look mint anytime soon.

Enigma_87

You know who
Mourinho is one of the best managers in the game and we were marginally better with him, and he had a more experienced and complete squad as well. I wouldn't mind if Ole got sacked tonight but i think we're just setting ourselves up for disappointment if we're expecting a new manager to make us look mint anytime soon.
2nd place and 2 cups is marginally better than 9th place and 25% win rate since March? Give your head a wobble mate if you think that is comparable.

yamo123x

The two most important aspects of modern football are the ability to keep possession and to retain possession quickly when you are not on the ball

The midfield area is so key, we have no zero quality there. I honestly think levitt and garner would have done better than fred and pereira today.

I forget the last time we controlled a game from the start. Things have become so bad and so predictably bad that its frying my brain.

Its not ole's fault, he had a chance to do his dream job, he is so out of his depth but look.at the squad at his disposal..?

Changes are needed and quick.. 5 or 6 players need to go, 5 new ones in.and blood youngsters with quality..they will never improve pLying alongside ashley young, mata, jones, matic, fred, etc.

Enigma_87

You know who
He's got something right then.We're playing Sunday league standard football.
Considering he said that Pereira is improving and how shit he has been lately he’s successfully dragged us to his level.

Dansk

This'll be the last straw. He's gone next week. Mark my words.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Lose to Spurs and City, which more than likely will happen and he could be sacked.

always_hoping

Just back from the game. I said before it that I wouldn't be surprised with a draw but expected a nervy 2-1 win.

What I watched was two average teams in action and really couldn't say Villa didn't deserve a draw. United not able to hold on to the 2-1 lead longer than two minutes shows how flaky this group of players are. Tbh I had no confidence of United grabbing a late winner and was worried Villa would win instead.

Ole on borrowed time and will probably be gone after the next two games but make no mistake from the top to bottom United are a mess and sadly there is no quick fix.

Rista

Marginally better only if we compare it to his worst season that actually got him sacked. Our standards have fallen so much that fans would build Ole a statue if he finished 2nd and won a cup and yet it wasn't considered a success at all back then. We all felt Mourinho could and should be doing better but it was in the context of title challenge and top 4 finish. We literally look and play like a mid table side now.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

We're worse than the sum of our parts. Comes down to coaching/preparation more than anything else.

RedWat

Difference is if we had Fellaini we'd have won today. Ole out for getting rid of the big man.
I agree

Fellaini knew his limitations skill wise and he was one of the least skilful players at Utd but he was mentally one of the strongest that’s why Jose always put him on to get a goal because if Plan A was not working he was Plan B, he would do whatever he could to get a goal ignoring the “dross” of his fellow players around him. Unfortunately we now do not have a Plan B like Fellaini.........To be honest I’m not sure if Ole has a Plan A.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's actually worse. Valencia at least got into good positions and his general passing was good (although obviously his delivery into the box was terrible).
Peak Valencia was a decent crosser to be fair. Linked up well with Rooney.

Cantona in disguise

This isnt all on ole car from it but he has to go now. I wanted him to succeed, but it's just getting worse. If this was anyone else we would be calling for their head. I love ole and he gave me one of my best footballing memories but he has to go.

I think poch should come in and work with the young lads, he will coach them correctly and we will see if they are any good in the next year or two.

I know we are suffering with injuries but this is atrocious. Put him out of his misery. Hes a dead man walking

Jonno

Can't blame that one on Ole, Herrera himself said that he was trying to get him to stay. His contact situation was fecked up long before OGS was appointed as a caretaker.
I can blame him for also selling Fellaini, and then saying “I don’t need to replace them, I’ve got Pereira and McTominay to replace them”.

Thats on Ole. he actually thinks Pereira is good enough.

mu4c_20le

I can blame him for also selling Fellaini, and then saying “I don’t need to replace them, I’ve got Pereira and McTominay to replace them”.

Fellaini was a foul machine and simply not good enough at CM, he might be a bit more physical than Pereira but isn't better at passing. Ole should have gone for someone like Mandzukic though.

Snafu17

That's just press talk, he'll never say he thinks someone is not good enough. He praised Fellaini about a week before he left. That said I assume he thought Pereira was at least useful as a squad player before the season.

As far a I can tell he probably wanted a midfielder over the summer. We were heavily linked with Longstaff, Dybala and Eriksen. There's no way to tell if they would've gotten us out of this mess, but there's every reason to believe he wanted to improve our midfield.

Jonno

Fellaini was a foul machine and simply not good enough at CM, he might be a bit more physical than Pereira but isn't better at passing. Ole should have gone for someone like Mandzukic though.
Fellaini whilst being a limited CM was better at Number 6 than Fred and Pereira put together, and Ole decided that following Fellaini and Herrera leaving, he didn’t need to replace them.

I reiterate, that’s on Ole

Jonno

That's just press talk, he'll never say he thinks someone is not good enough. He praised Fellaini about a week before he left. That said I assume he thought Pereira was at least useful as a squad player before the season.

As far a I can tell he probably wanted a midfielder over the summer. We were heavily linked with Longstaff, Dybala and Eriksen. There's no way to tell if they would've gotten us out of this mess, but there's every reason to believe he wanted to improve our midfield.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...arebar&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sharebar

What do you mean it’s presstalk? He literally came out and said he had good enough players in CM. Low and behold we can’t beat newly promoted PL teams because they have better midfielders Controlling the games. It’s an absolute shambles. Fred and Pereira were deemed reserve players last season and now look.

Snafu17

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...arebar&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sharebar

What do you mean it’s presstalk? He literally came out and said he had good enough players in CM. Low and behold we can’t beat newly promoted PL teams because they have better midfielders Controlling the games. It’s an absolute shambles. Fred and Pereira were deemed reserve players last season and now look.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.in...ian-ruled-out-for-up-to-a-month-37724647.html

Fellaini left two weeks later. Managers say a lot of bullshit.

Last edited:

Smudgers

Times up Ole . Put him D.O. F . Get Potchetino in enough is enough, we haven’t improved at all , lucky to get two points from two promoted sides . Out played today Villa played much the better football . And Jack Grealish wouldn’t t be a bad first signing for Potch he looked very accomplished today . Ole out unfortunately

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Yet another shambolic performance witnessed by our useless manager. How long more will we have to endure this shite?
Shhh.. don’t say that around here.

He needs 3 seasons under his belt before we should judge him. He’s Olegend.

Kostov

I know Williams messed up for the second goal, maybe I am mistaken since I didn't rewatch it, but what the feck were our defenders doing making an offside trap when the ball isn't even properly cleared? Absolutely shambolic staff. The CBs were first out nobody commands that line, AWB hand in the air having no idea what is happening, Pathetic stuff

SplitzMagic

Imagine we got this guy who's names begins with 'P' and with a long neck looking like an 'oche'strich. That would be something from a Quentin Taran'tino' movie. Oh I missed a letter... Well that is what we need to a 't'.

Am I bored or fed up? I dunno... Mix of both.

Pochettino anyone?

John Blund

The handball appeal in the 2nd half - I can't find replays of it? Is that VARs new thing now? We don't show replays of decisions that the ref got wrong and VAR didn't pick up? Did anyone get a gif or linky of that incident?

Steven-UK

As season ticker holders, we decided to give the game a miss today.

Currently this team is just not worth the car parking fee, so we didn't go. I don't feel anything about it, it was an easy decision, and we have been ticket holders for over a decade.

This team is now absolutely garbage, with a capital G.

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 236 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:0 Aston Villa
  • 20% Man Utd 2:1 Aston Villa