PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Aston Villa

Post-match discussion

Sat, 25 September 2021

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Horrendous result given the run of fixtures we're facing into. But a worse performance, especially as it was completely in line with our not-good-enough performances last year.

Nothing has changed except better players being added, which is nowhere near enough. And adding better players again (like a top quality midfielder) won't be enough either.

The way our general play is coached needed to improve this season and it hasn't.

Gasmeter

For the first time I have to say I am off the Olé bus. I have no idea what's been going on, against Young Boys, West Ham and now Aston Villa. I cannot see any sort of game plan here, any setup or system. It just looks like lethargic, asleep at the wheel football. Look at the squad we have. The talent that's there, and it's not being utilised to its full potential. That's on the manager and the coaching staff.

I've backed Ole these last seasons, but this is now starting to genuinely concern me.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
It's the same old keystone cops routine. Constantly getting into trouble trying to play out from the back. Players getting mugged repeatedly in dangerous areas. Villa should have won by more. That's 2 home games lost in a row.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Couldn't get more embarrassing.

Lose at home

Concede a late goal

Miss a late penalty

Sloppy performance

Gazautd18

Always backed the manager.
Think today his luck has run out.
Pretty convinced he's taken us as far as he can.
The way Chelsea got Tuchel in and Lampard out, that's the same ruthlessness needed now.
Sorry Ole.

soralapio

Shocking performance. The individual talent is there, but United aren't playing like a team.

There were so many attacks where someone just dribbled the ball around for ages trying to force themselves into a good shooting position while everyone else just stood by looking on. There's so little movement, so few runs. Anything United create has to be a moment of individual brilliance, and it's been like this forever with a few notable exceptions and bright spots.

It's 100% a coaching issue.

spiriticon

I fecking hate this spineless league losing mentality we have. Signing Ronaldo can't weed the shite out.

Eli Zee

Ole Out while we still have a chance to win things this season. It's clear we won't win anything with him in charge.

mav_9me

This was coming. Sooner or later results start matching the performances. That's why most were worried.

We are in for a long season mark my words. Hope to be proven wrong.

Delano

Villa deserved it. Pressed us off the pitch, made the better chances.

Forget the penalty, our build up play is ponderous, players are constantly moving into the same positions and we are wide open despite having 7 defensive players.

And Fred... I'm glad he finds his woeful football ability as hilarious as I do.

pauldyson1uk

How the hell can a team with that much quality in , play so SHITE, just one reason THE MANAGER !!!
Well will win nothing with Ole in charge, hell after that game , we might not win another game !!

Biggins

No excuses today. We should have been winning these games. All on Ole.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Abysmal

Everyone's to blame for this one.

Attackers and creative players not good enough, Ronaldo was hugely let down

Midfielders non existent

Defenders except Varane have a weekly brain fart each

De Gea was ok.

Ole poor in tactics, only thing I can say is he had two injuries that forced him to make subs but it was still poor.

Questions need to be asked of this team. Get a centre mid in January.

Asger

Hope we will stop using McT and Fred as starters. Team that wants to fight for every titles are not their level as starters.

Greenwood cost us this game sadly, was so selfish today.

Whatsername

I feel sick, day ruined, weekend ruined
That’s the trouble with early Saturday kick offs, the whole weekend’s ruined when we lose.

The only positive I can see is that I let my son’s friend use my season ticket so at least I’ve not got to get a train home filled with Villa supporters.

Torbalan

The second most expensive squad in the world gets trashed at OT by Aston Villa. 3 defeats in the last 4 games.

It's time for another manager.

SuperiorXI

Absolutely shocking. You can lose a game but we've just been outclassed at home by Aston Villa with the following players in our squad...

Ronaldo, Cavani, Bruno, Sancho, Varane, DDG, Pogba etc...

How the feck are we being outplayed with those players against Aston Villa? You can lose but we just lost badly. 28 fecking shots and only 4 on target. No clue of how to play football, no evidence of patient effective build up play, no evidence of consistent chance creation. It's just hit and hope and these calibre of players deserve better.

Hoof the ball

If you watched games vs. Southampton, Wolves and even Newcastle (in parts) is anyone surprised that the pattern of our football finally gets the reward it deserves in terms of result?

Our points haulage prior to this game was very flattering indeed.

shoegazing

Absolutely pox. I try and stay positive as much as I can but that's unacceptable.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
That second half though, something to behold.

Please, the positive non toxic people, list the excuses.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Watershed moment in Ole's reign?

Diabolical. Van Gaal-esque.

avgp_1

Outplayed and outcoached by Villa at home with our best XI out there. No control, no pattern of play and no points.

Okey

Let's hear the excuses this time. Told you it's the same movie we're watching. Hopefully we won't wait till the end again, just to be sure of what we already know. Better team won today. United need a proper manager.

redom

We produce far too many performances like this throughout a season than we should for the talent at our disposal, it's just not good enough.

TsuWave

Missed a trick not getting Nagelsmann.

Missed a trick not getting Tuchel.

On a bridge to nowhere. will never play to the full team’s potential.

Tony247

Played with double pivot when wasn't needed. Then brought Cavani too late.

You can buy best players in the world but without a proper coaching staff we can't win anything.

Greenwood - lively but too much of trying to do by himself.

Bruno - wtf!

Fred and McT - below average

Ronaldo - not his day. Can't complain.

Pogba - ineffective

3vra

We started match with 9 without centre of the pitch as always.
And again we are without any tactical awerness, crap in the defence without any plan to go forward, we try to play long ball or cross It, players do not have any idea what other player is planning to do. Awfully coach team, i hope we part ways with Ole, 3 years past and we are still awful having 3 times better squad. Maybe give Ole transfer departament but leave coaching for someone who knows what to do.
I am devastated, watching how we are not giving that player a chance they deserve.

PaulRich

The Coaching or lack of it is getting found out now. We’ve spent a lot of money to look this shit

wolvored

One manager lost his best player and the other spent a fortune. We were second best today. So angry I wont say any more.

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 276 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:0 Aston Villa
  • 20% Man Utd 2:1 Aston Villa