PL D FA Premier League

Aston Villa 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 15 January 2022

hatchetmac

This club is in the mud. New manager who is clueless about the premier league. He talks about philosophy but hasn't got a clue. Any one can see our midfield is probably the worst in the league. Cheers Ralf for ruining people's weekend's.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Should have brought Donny on when we went 2-0 up to try and control the game and see it out.

No idea why we wouldn’t do that, Cavani was knackered as usual after 60 mins so sub him. Matic was knackered so put another midfielder on to help.

No idea what these managers are paid to do.
Pretty much how I thought the subs should have gone

Houdini

We need a MF yesterday, than another in the summer. That's the bare minimum. I would sell Sancho for 40m back to Dortmund to be honest.

croadyman

Should have brought Donny on when we went 2-0 up to try and control the game and see it out.

No idea why we wouldn’t do that, Cavani was knackered as usual after 60 mins so sub him. Matic was knackered so put another midfielder on to help.

No idea what these managers are paid to do.
Yeah we definitely should have done that,however he just can't win the trust of any Utd manager. I just knew that ex bloody scouser would score against us. Seriously sickening draw but not in the least bit surprised with our weak mentality.

OneUnited24

Donny must be absolutely shocking in training for him not to get a look in. I'm not saying he's the answer but we aren't playing well and still stick with the same pairings - McFred or bring Matic in for one. Surely freshen things up.

Given that he and Lingard got the same amount of game times i'm guessing he wants out and Ralf doesnt want to use him.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
We are very clearly incapable of controlling a game and it’s costing us dearly.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I thought we were average to good for large parts of the first half - so that’s much better than we have been for most of this season. Second half was back to normal though - huge gaps down our flanks and behind Fred and Bruno - With Matic getting progressively worse as the game went on like usual. Greenwood was good but didn’t impact the game enough and had his usual “why didn’t you just roll it across the box for a tap-in” moment - And Cavani has genuinely been quite poor for quite some time now - he’s a total liability with the ball at his feet - the only striker we have who can hold the ball up and link play is being sent on loan.

Nordmore

We really need to buy a new good defensive midfielder. Matic has the brain but doesn't have the legs for 90'.

What amazed me the most in this game is how Luiz didn't get a yellow. The ref was too weak imo.

Anyway Elanga looked good and I'm happy Bruno scored again despite playing pretty deep. Greenwood played generally well but he'd need to be better with his finishing.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
We need a better fridge. Our fridge is shit. Even my 20 year old fridge when it packed in was better that this current fridge we have in midfield.

Fecking useless fridge.

ericthered76

Is kicking more funk than a shaolin monk, forcing
last few years i have considered Pog a virus. Now he looks like a vaccine.

I dont get why Fred was in a forward role for most of that 2nd half, with Cavani deeper quite frequently. It did make a nice change to see Fred playing numpty upfront rather than in midfield.

Villa dont get either of those goals if AWB was on the pitch.

Last edited:

Ollie Derbyshire

It was clear at 2-0 we needed to take Cavani off and bring on DVB same as last game. Matic & Fred were wrecked as was Cavani.
It’s embarrassing the manager and coaches can’t see this, same every game. Just fecking make some subs and get fresh legs on for god sake.

hobbers

Pissed the game away not making subs and relying on Lindelof, Matic, Fred and Dalot not being a quartet of panicked, spineless clowns for the last 20 minutes. Hopeless.

El Presidente

Could have gone better. Lack of fitness and technique on the pressing game. It will take time. This is a transitional season.
It's a transitional decade tbh. The question is - what are we transitioning into.

sancho1983

This club man. What a mess. We've had no midfield for years thanks to Ole continually overlooking it. We're 16 days in to the transfer window and we've STILL not signed a centre midfielder. We have a manager who brings on sancho at 2-0 up when we just need to see the game out and then takes off greenwood and Fernandes when we need to find a winner. This season is over.

On the plus side Elanga looks brighter than rashford. Erm that's about it

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Fecking demoralizing. The gaps in the team are amateur. Teams don't need to play well against us. We're talking simple one-twos here that rip us apart. Fecking joke

Yorke to Cole

Good start, but then we let them find their rythm. Needed to make subs 15 mins earlier at least as it was clear we were tiring.
Good start, but then we let them find their rythm. Needed to make subs 15 mins earlier at least as it was clear we were tiring.
I must say, I felt Rang nick needed to make changes earlier than he did. You could see that Elanga, for his first half efforts was, no longer being the threat as an outlet.

I thought Rangnick could have been more decisive there. He guffed it there and should have seen it. Greenwood was wasteful in some situations.

That would have been a decent performance and result. Very disappointing result given the situation we were in.In game management was not good, and the midfield which was good when United were good, but was bad when we started to lame and tire.

Last edited:

Moriarty

Donny must have taken a dump in the manager's shoes or something. Bringing him and Lingard on with a few minutes left served what purpose?

Rustyspider13

I feel hurt. Simply hurt. I shouldn't let this team affect me this much considering the state we're in, but I still do so inexplicably. Wish I could just turn off my emotional attachment to this team. I want to write about all the easily identifiable problems in that display but I don't have the energy for it. So I'll just say this once again, I beg of you United, please get a CM. I don't need a world class one, just anyone better than the current crop who can't run/can't control/can't pass it long. Please.

OneUnited24

It’s embarrassing the manager and coaches can’t see this, same every game. Just fecking make some subs and get fresh legs on for god sake.
You wonder what they do see. You can only argue that he doesnt rate his other options...just like Ole

Lentwood

We need three CMs. Two to start and one to push them.

I dont know what funds are available in the Summer but it HAS to happen. No good just signing one or even two.

united for life

What to say. Poor in game management from ralf. We were 2-0 up obviously the second best team in midfield. Yet, no changes to take care of that!!

again, we have de gea to thank for saving us multiple times.

key take aways for me:

- 4231 ok? Forget the 4222 nonsense
- bruno looked better, welcome back to scoring
- elanga and greenwood looked bright and lively

Ollie Derbyshire

Yeah we definitely should have done that,however he just can't win the trust of any Utd manager. I just knew that ex bloody scouser would score against us. Seriously sickening draw but not in the least bit surprised with our weak mentality.
It’s just stupid management and doesn’t fill you with any confidence does it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That yellow card also fecked Matic. Meant he played cautious for the rest of the game.
Yea i agree.

Ralf should have brought on donny instead of sancho and just killed the game by defending. Players were wrecked by the 70th minute.

Very good performance first half. Much better than the fa cup overall.

Should have seen it out though.

Smudgers

Just the way we’ve been playing at the minute , looked really good for the first 30 mins , then we seam to lose concentration , but we are getting better couple of additions this window mainly a DM who can pass a ball will be good

AndySmith1990

• We're a very poor team
  • Most of our players are overrated
  • We've been poorly managed for years
Same old.

OT1214

2 errors gifted us the goals. We returned the favor. Why our managers are scared to make changes I have no idea. Thats 2 crucial points given away cheaply. We need to stop being reactive.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
We are an average, 7th-10th placed team now. Our better players will leave for better clubs and we'll be stuck in this mediocrity. Gone are the days of winning leagues. We won't see that again for a very, very long time.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Honestly gobsmacked at how dumb the club and coach is.

How do we not see our midfield is being dominated (when you instruct one of the two to press high as a second presser) so your tactic LEAVES ONE PLAYER IN MIDFIELD and you know he is 35 years old and has no engine.

Then Villa's manager adds another midfielder on, one who stays even higher up the pitch and you do.........

NOTHING.

Its criminal and I wonder what amazing excuse he will come up with.

You then make the changes once the damage has been done.

Clueless.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Also Dalot is shite. Better at some things than AWB but ultimately - a very poor footballer.

Menace

Maybe the most frustrated I have been after a game this season. Good first half but means nothing when we cannot see the 20 minutes out. Tactical disaster.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 43% of 239 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 253 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw