CL L Champions League Champions League Round of 16 2nd Leg

Manchester United 0:1 Atletico Madrid

Post-match discussion

Tue, 15 March 2022

King Eric 7

We can't play well for two halves. Everyone knew we were done at HT. There was no way back from that scoreline at HT after we played so well in the first half.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Very good first half. Not as good second half.

Felt there was too many subs to be honest on our part. We sort of lost our way. With all those subs even if we had equalized, the formation would have been chaotic.

Dalot was very poor i felt. too much shooting when he should have been crossing. Elanga as well was poor.

L1nk

Inappropriate Content
I want to say horrible things about all of them but it will get me banned from the forum. But I genuinely wish they get every bad thing in the world happen to every single player on that team, hopefully the club liquidates as well

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
clearing out is needed. But knowing the fecktards in charge, contract extensions are handing outs.

NewYorkRed

First half was top but besides the one chance, no chances of note created which is bitterly dissapointing. Not feeling great right now.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We had a good go especially in the first half. Second half we didn’t get going but the ref didn’t help, felt like the ball was only in play for 15 minutes. :lol:
we’re not good enough yet to compete in the champions league, let’s hope in a year or two we’ll be closer.

OverratedOpinion

We can't defend and as soon as we are a goal down our forward line become hugely panicked. Not a great combination.

Atletico are an elite shit heel team.

slored1

Shitshow with the substitutions. Each one took us out of rhytm more. Fair play to Atleti, deserved over two legs, we showed nothing.

DeGea

We are at least 5 years behind the top European teams. Tough it out lads, it will be many many more years before we win anything. Football is a cycle and we are now at the bottom of that cycle.

BuzzKillington

When we drew Atletico I knew we were out, but I still can’t accept how disappointing that game was. I think I’m going to treat today as the end of the season and try to forget about football for a few months, this is just wearying.

joedirt87

we let the worst possible scenario happen, so I can't be surprised by the result. this team needs a total reset. yeah the ref was clueless, and maybe Elanga get a foul from another ref or another day, but he didnt and the other 9 guys were useless in defending Atletico who barely attacked. if we had any clue what do against a low block, or anyone who had a spine to penetrate their defense or the quality to go through it we would have equalized.

Jibbs

Did we even play in second half? Ralf today showed he is indeed a small club manager. Simeone didn’t let us play at all.

Ludens the Red

Pretty predictable really. Loser team loses big team. What’s new? Last champions league game we’ll play in a good few years and you go out with a whimper like that.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Atletico are the sort of side we struggle with, liverpool or city will smash these

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
shithouse masterclass from them. First half we played excellent. Referee's a cnut. Rashford the last person you want coming on to win a game.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This is the end for Ole's United. The team he was trying to build had failed even if it was known before tonight, its officially the end for this team.

De Gea, Maguire, AWB, Dalot, Telles, McTominay, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Rashford, Ronaldo, Cavani need to be moved on in the next 12 months.

That's not because they played bad tonight but they are simply too old or don't have the ability to take United back to the top.

This team has spent 5 seasons unable to break down teams that sit deep and it's time for fresh ideas and innovation in our play.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
We simply didn't do enough to go through & conceded yet another easy goal.

The ref was horrendous but we didn't do enough to shift all of the blame onto him.

MrSingh2002

Our shooting from distance was poor. Its Oblak ffs. Atleast try and get to the byline and work it into the box.

Shame to go out like that.

Leonzo1

Ralf killed the game with his subs. Just making changes for rhe sake of it. I hope to god this is the last time we ever see Rashford again. Utterly disgraceful attitude.

Farfetched

We had no idea on how to breakdown a packed and layered defence. The ‘dark arts’ practice by them added to the frustration of us not being good enough on the night; the lamentable performance of the ref was the last straw really.
A confidant ref could easily cut out the nonsense from them, unfortunately he could not do much for us!

Leanshig

Ronaldo's last Champions League match and he didn’t have a sniff :(
With respect to Ronaldo, I could give a bollocks. This is one of the 3 biggest clubs in the world and this has been the worst season since Ferguson left. Heads need to roll, protests need to be five fold what the super league was. What the feck is this? 1 billion given to a fecking accountant, another billion plus pocketed by a shower of cnuts across the water. State of this club.

Godfather

Can't break down teams sitting deep and look vulnerable on the counter because we have a bunch of shit defenders. Not a good receipt against a team like Atletico

MetoTTT

Well, we're shite and nobody should be surprised. The ref was atrocious but no more excuses.

Irrational.

Atletico were clever and once they got the lead against the run of play they were never going to let it slip. These are the kinds of games they live for, and they enjoy defending with their backs to the wall. They are masterful at managing the game and seeing it out, and we played right into their hands.

The ref allowed them to get away with murder, but that’s part of their game. You need an experienced ref in charge of Atletico games, not some fecking shithouse like we had tonight. His performance tonight is on par with cnut Catcher.

We look absolutely toothless and have no nous, and deservedly go out. Take a long look at the CL lads, it’s the last we’ll see of it for a while.

Real Name

Huffed and puffed but created only 2 good chances. The whole 1st half I had a feeing we'll eventually conceded and in the 2nd never got the feeling we'll score. Atletico is ugly but know how to do it.
Ref was utter shambles.
Rashford can leave right this moment along with about 6, 7 others.

yamo123x

If we are all totally honest we were simply not good enough. A real lack of quality over the 180 minutes.

We created pretty much nothing, not one decent cross all night, poor corners, I dont think we have anyone who can beat a player and open up a defence.

Too many underperformers, tale of our season

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Meh. A lot of effort but feck all creativity.First goal was always going to be key and probably a winner.
Absolute joke of a ref, where do they get these guys?
Not too bothered because we would be hammered by one of the better teams.

Cloud7

Well that was disappointing.

As a side note, and I’m not saying this to be salty, it’s a point I bring up everytime someone mentions Simeone as a possible United manager, I genuinely do not think I could sit and watch his team every week. Imagine having the array of attacking and midfield talent that they have and the sum total of your style of play is sitting back all game, poaching a goal on the counter then defending it and rolling around for the rest of the match. That is not what football is about at all.

DeGea’sFeet

Can’t believe I used to have a soft spot for Atletico. Never watched them much, but respected the fact that they challenged Real/Barca and had a manager for so long.

Now I think they are anti football, but blame lies with the ref for falling for their rubbish

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 240 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Atletico Madrid win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 39% Man Utd 2:1 Atletico Madrid
  • 15% Man Utd 2:0 Atletico Madrid