PL L FA Premier League

Bournemouth 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 November 2019

UpWithRivers

It's unbelievable how many excuses there are. Tired. No fight. Lack character, players not good enough. Need time and on and on. It was friggin Bournemouth! Bournemouth people. And not a Bournemouth a side that was flying and with confidence skyrocketing. They have been average by thier standards this season and struggled to score for ages. They don't have a player that would get in our team. We had a full strength team except Pogba.
There was no excuse. None.
They did Jack except keep it tight and fight harder. That's it. That's all it took to beat us. It wasn't as if we played brilliantly, thier keeper had a blinder and they scored a worldie. They were in 2nd gear. They didn't have to do anything bar sit back and wait for the clock to run out.
It embarrassing.
Why is everyone accepting this sht. We are Manchester United. Not some mid table nobody

M16Red

It's unbelievable how many excuses there are. Tired. No fight. Lack character, players not good enough. Need time and on and on. It was friggin Bournemouth! Bournemouth people. And not a Bournemouth a side that was flying and with confidence skyrocketing. They have been average by thier standards this season and struggled to score for ages. They don't have a player that would get in our team. We had a full strength team except Pogba.
There was no excuse. None.
They did Jack except keep it tight and fight harder. That's it. That's all it took to beat us. It wasn't as if we played brilliantly, thier keeper had a blinder and they scored a worldie. They were in 2nd gear. They didn't have to do anything bar sit back and wait for the clock to run out.
It embarrassing.
Why is everyone accepting this sht. We are Manchester United. Not some mid table nobody
Little keyboard warrior, go my little bird - fix all that has slighted you.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Obviously United have a litany of issues throughout the club at the moment, but I feel like the team could mask a lot of them if the coaching was up to snuff. You've got a pretty thin squad (as a result of a bizarre summer) but you can't tell me that your starting line-up on Saturday was only the 10th best in the league. De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Rashford, James, Martial - think they'd all start regularly for half the teams above you in the table right now. Feel like your one reliable tactic is to let the other team have the ball and pounce on their mistakes, but if your opponents don't want to keep possession then you're incredibly limited in how you can damage them. The same thing happened again on Saturday. Solskjaer either needs to find a way to win while having most of the ball or he just needs to accept he'll only win 1 in 3 for the rest of the season, gave or take a couple of purple patches.

Abhinav

I have just watched the match again and I can’t see how the tactics and coaching are being blamed for the loss. I don’t think the performance deserved a loss and it was one moment of bad defending that lost us the game.
We should have created more clear cut chances from the opportunities that we had, but key players were off their game on the day. Martial had a poor match and kept on making wrong decisions and runs. Same with Perreira who was on the ball a lot but wasted all the space and opportunities to attack that were presented to him. Scott had an average game and Rashford was too quiet for my liking. Plus, fair play to Bournemouth they really defended well during the last 20 minutes.

For me there were at least a couple of positives:
- We had a really good first 20 and last 20 period where we didn’t give up
- Fred had a good game and is showing some signs of being a useful player
- Lindelof played a couple of really good through passes to Andreas and Lingard
- James had another good performance and is turning out to be a quality player

In the end, we really need more quality in the squad to come away from such matches with the 3 points. An upgrade is required in the CM and CAM positions as well as more competition to Martial in the CF.
On the whole, I am more positive after the last 4 games and can see the results of some of the work that is going behind the scenes.

romufc

Apart from first 15 minutes that was utter rubbish.

Numerous times in the second half a simple long ball was played into the Bournemouth strikers and the counter attacked.

That is how the manager sets us up, In my opinion our back 4 is too deep giving opponents space

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
It's becoming systematic how easy is for teams to catch us off guard.

1: Defend with close sectors: when you cut the space behind their back and in front of the defense, we lack players / playing patterns to dismount and create troubles from deep positions.
2: While doing task 1, use direct play to force an eventual individual error (we still use man mark type of defending on a regular basis) while taking advantage of our lack of cover that our midfielders fail to give to our defense. Eventually, there will be 1 on 1 situations, where physics give a little edge to the attacker (if an attacker manage to dribble past the opponent or outrun him, the defender has to rotate his body in order to start the chasing run. Those fractions of seconds are usually fatal against quality players).

Ballist1x

Shame our chances fell to our Samba trio.

Also a shame that our Brazilian players play with the flair, swagger and edge of a paper mache house. But at the end of the day we know they are terrible with next to no output.

Andreas Pereira scored 1 goal for Valencia and has 1 goal for UTD. So to expect more is madness.

Fred scored on average 2 goals a season in the Ukrainian league over 5 seasons so pretty consistent. Expecting any more than 1 or 2 goals from him is asking for a miracle really.

Lingard is about a 5 goal a season player.

When you ask how many goals s season do we need and where will we get them from. Don't look at these players it's already proven that they will give you nothing.

Water Melon

Shame our chances fell to our Samba trio.

Also a shame that our Brazilian players play with the flair, swagger and edge of a paper mache house. But at the end of the day we know they are terrible with next to no output.

Andreas Pereira scored 1 goal for Valencia and has 1 goal for UTD. So to expect more is madness.

Fred scored on average 2 goals a season in the Ukrainian league over 5 seasons so pretty consistent. Expecting any more than 1 or 2 goals from him is asking for a miracle really.

Lingard is about a 5 goal a season player.

When you ask how many goals s season do we need and where will we get them from. Don't look at these players it's already proven that they will give you nothing.
I incline to agree with this post. Kinda sad state of affairs we are in. Having footballers who have been consistently poor coached by a consistently poor manager results in consistently shite performances.

ryansgirl

Classic trolling here. Recent highs include hanging on for dear life against Liverpool at home and drawing 1-1, beating Partizan 1-0, beating an atrocious Norwich team 19th in the table who haven't won for 6 games 3-1 (Villa beat them away 5-1 2 weeks before) and getting outplayed all game by Chelsea's reserves but winning with a 1 in 100,000 freekick by Rashford.

Yep we have been having a blast recently. I for one am shocked we lost to Bournemouth after going on such an amazing run of form. :houllier:
I'm going to double down on my post - yes, recently there have been highs compared to what has gone on so far in this season.

Drawing with the best team in the PL so far - Liverpool - was a relative achievement for our team as it is now. The whole home advantage thing doesn't count, hasn't counted for a while. Only a deluded person would claim that United now at home is the same as United at home when LVG and Mourinho were getting some decent results with a much better, more experienced Manchester United team.

Playing in the Europa League doesn't help in terms of freshness so yes, I think there have been relative highs recently. That doesn't say much for United as it is now but we all know the problems.

No need to get hysterical over the Bournemouth result. It was one of those grind it out games in poor weather at their home and it was clear that Bournemouth were likely to do that better. However, the team has looked relatively better with a fit Martial despite the fact he didn't produce that day.

croadyman

Quite simply if Brighton come out and play on Sunday then I can see us getting a win,however if as I expect they sit in and adopt the low block could easily see us drawing or even losing again.

ghagua

Today was only Bournemouth’s 3rd ever victory over us. We’ve lost twice in 9 PL games v Bournemouth and today’s defeat was our first v Bournemouth since December 2015.

The only other time we’ve dropped points to them was 2017, a 1-1 draw at OT. We beat them home & away in both of the last 2 seasons.
Still easy points for them.

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 353 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Bournemouth 1:2 Man Utd