PL W FA Premier League

Brentford 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 19 January 2022

SirScholes

Is anyone able to upload that McTominay analysis from BT Sport there?

I've a mate who is constantly slagging him and I want to send him that and tell him go feck himself.
To be fair to your mate he isn’t great
But today was a strong showing

Giggsy13

I just hope Maguire doesn't start against West Ham
Let's hope not! I'd rather we go with Jones on the weekend. Notice how much shakier at the back we were when he came on? He's just a mess at the moment and doesn't elevate anyone around him. Good on Ralf for stripping him of the armband and hopefully that continues. He's not United captain material nor good enough for us generally.

Positive however is the Rashford goal. Hopefully that puts him on a run of good form though Elanga is staking his place in the starting 11.

Manny

Grammar Police
Thomas Frank salty as feck :lol:

Thinking about it, he ran his team into the ground in the first half and they suffered in the second.

sp_107

25% pay cut next year if they dont finish in top-4, so they play better in the coming weeks i guess.

bosskeano

Manchester United were 'unbelievably lucky', 'destroyed' and were forced to change their tactics by Brentford in their 3-1 win, Bees boss Thomas Frank has sensationally claimed. A drab first half came to life in the second half as the Red Devils won 3-1 at the Brentford Community Stadium.

"They are unbelievably lucky. I know all the crap about taking chances. They changed the system against little Brentford,” Frank told BT Sport.

"We are the smallest club in the Premier League, Manchester United [are] the biggest. We destroyed them in the first half, they didn't have a sniff.

"The way we smashed them in the first half was fantastic, so proud of my team."
well shit....i guess it's a good thing football is a 90 minute match. He must have forgotten that part of his speech at the break.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
that kind of comment from a manager about another player is completely unacceptable. I'm sure the LMA will need appreciate him speaking like that.
Probably why he’s nearly in his 50s and still managing at Brentford. Completely unacceptable comment and shows he’s a sore loser because his plan A was hit and hope counter that didn’t work. Sancho also missed the game cause he was attending the funeral of a family member.

Devil may care

Second half was more like it but our defence is facing way too much pressure as our midfield spends more time wide open than Adriana Chechik's legs and offers the same amount of protection when being penetrated.

RedDevilRoshi

Game of two halves. Wish we could play like we did in the 2nd half in a full 90 mins performance.

All 3 of our goals scored by academy graduates - great to see! :D

GazTheLegend

Does he know an academy player scored the opening goal of the game? I like this guy normally, but United seem to get everyone’s backs up.
We're still the biggest scalp in England, I don't care what anyone says. Everyone wants to beat us. (Ok we are VERY beatable at the minute). But it does mean that we face teams - and managers - at their most motivated sometimes, like today.

RazorOz

It was still a shit on a stick performance where we were fortunate to get a win. Until the performance level rises we will continue to get patchy results. It's hard to get too excited when in reality we continue to go sideways with no real improvement.

copen1945

I hope that is a corner turned. The second half performance was good. Overall, this is encouraging for the Champions League spot.

Wing Attack Plan R

It was still a shit on a stick performance where we were fortunate to get a win. Until the performance level rises we will continue to get patchy results. It's hard to get too excited when in reality we continue to go sideways with no real improvement.
This is simply not what happened. First half Brentford were all over us, as is their style, but they didn’t take their chances. 2nd half we were comfortably the better side and if Bruno had not fluffed his shot, 4 goals to nil would not have been unfair, it was a good performance. Some players are still not back to their best, but many who were looking shot (like Rashford) had good games. Maguire is still a disaster though, and we need Shaw back.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 305 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Brentford 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Brentford 0:2 Man Utd