PL L FA Premier League

Brentford 4:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 13 August 2022

Martial

We’ll be in a relegation fight like Everton last year.
2nd game - 0 difference in our play. It’s like Ole never left. Combination of shite players and weak manager.
Guardiola couldn't fix this mate

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This isn't about managers, its not even about player ability.

This is an entire dressing room that has completely collapsed under the pressure of playing for the club.

All of them.
This is also true. I dunno what we can do about it. May have to let go a whole bunch of them and get them out of the club and start anew.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Two of that starting front 3 have had their agents offering their clients around all summer. Anyone who doesn’t want to be here needs to feck off. Yesterday. Luke Shaw moves slower than me at 5-aside. His intensity is a fecking joke. He needs to be gone - out the fecking door. Dalot is by far the worst regular starter I’ve seen in my lifetime. We need a RB. Now. The club only had the 8 months to prepare. We had our worst PL season in history. The response to that is to have a window which wouldn’t look out of place at West Ham. It is fecking laughable. And you just know this week we’ll bring in some very average footballers to compound the misery.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Glazers out, that’s all you have to say. No point dissecting the team or manager. Nothing will change until they are gone. Burn it all to the ground.

Massive and sustained fan action is all that matters at this point.
I'm not sure they're the reason the players are booting the ball out of play.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Looking at our fixtures we could 0-6 to start the season. Oh my

LawmanMan

We’ve been cursed ever since we got Sir Alex’s hand-picked successor sacked within the space of less than a year.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
A leech never lets go until its victim dies. Still plenty of blood in this particular body.
The victim won't die as easy as they expect. We are Manchester United and we will never die.

Gloves are now off in the fight against these bastards and they won't win.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Bang on.
Nearly an entire generation of school kids has gone grown up with Man United being a joke. There might be a couple at the end of the school terms who remember Fergie's last season in charge, but for the rest, United are something from a bygone era. We think we're the biggest club in the world, but an entire generation of kids will have known us as nothing but abject failures.
Yeah, and the worst thing about it is that it didn't need to be this way. City would've still built themselves into the behemoth they are, Liverpool would still have Klopp and his magic, but where would be no without a family who have put zero into the club but taken a billion? What did we get in return? Sponsors? We were Manchester United, we already knew how to make money from sponsors. Woodward wasn't a financial genius and I don't care who says he was.

We already had a huge head start on the opposition. This isn't comparable to Liverpool's decline and inability to modernise and it's not because of oil money. It's plain incompetence.

RedOrange

Naive going in with that midfield away from home. We struggle as it is without cover from midfield and then we play with that. Go to a back five from here on
Who else is ETH supposed to play? Fred and McTominay can't pass, move into open spaces, or keep their positions. Eriksen can pass and get open but can't win the ball. There simply isn't a combination of midfielders in the squad that is sufficient to win games in the PL.

3 midfielders are needed. Get Rabiot, get whoever the plan B was for Frenkie, then stay in for Frenkie and buy him anyways if he's still available.

Nogbadthebad

This is also true. I dunno what we can do about it. May have to let go a whole bunch of them and get them out of the club and start anew.
When Ragnick said we needed 10 players, I have a feeling it was more about mentality than ability.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I fecking hate them. Almost every single one of them.

If Ten Hag plays the same cnuts next game I will give up on him.
So your saying something like

........................Heaton..................
AWB.......Jones......bailey....williams
...........garner..........savage.............
Shoretire..........Iqbal.............mejrib
..........................garnacho..............

Against Liverpool

Riiiiiight

Catalandevil

De Gea - He shouldn't start for a team that wants to play from the back. Getting this pressure will impact his confidence and as a result his form will fall. I expect more gaffers in the next games.
Dalot - He is still young and learning. Not sure if he is good enough to play for us, but he is not the main problem now. However, he would not start for any of the other top 6 teams.
Maguire - He simply doesn't suit the style of play ETH wants. If he didn't cost 80m, he would not be captain and he would not start most of the games. The fact that he is being selected despite playing like shit seems to affect the motivation of other players.
Martinez - He may be an effective player in a team that plays possession based football. Didn't make any sense to sign him before signing one or two MDs. He will continue to struggle until we become a ETH team.
Shaw - Should be sold. Simply not good enough.
Fred - He is a good player but he gets exposed too often in this system. He is a decent squad player.
Eriksen - Buying players to play them out of position usually doesn't work. He is a good player and should take Bruno's place.
Bruno - He is a shadow of the player he was. He doesn't suit ETH system at all. I would try to play him as a second striker or on the wing. But he adds very little as MD.
Sancho - He is afraid of making mistakes. He looks constantly lost, like not understanding his role in this team or not understanding his team mates at all. He is a shadow of the player he was in Germany.
Rashford - He is not improving and not for the PSG links, I think we would have been subbed. He adds very little. While with Sancho you can see the talent is there, with Rashford it is crystal clear he needs to go.
Ronaldo - He will score goals and will be the best player in a dysfunctional team.
MT - Adds fight. Squad player at best.

We have a team of individuals where each of them think they are amazing players. The truth is that most of them aren't. They don't complement each other and as a result they are destroying value, creating a toxic culture. A mass overhaul is needed.

Bobski

Brentford ran 14Km more than Utd.

That is vile, we have a front 3 who give nothing defensively, barely make the slightest effort coming back, add that to a porous midfield, a positonally all over the place Bruno, lazy bastard Shaw and you just have a mess.

All the focus on the midfield, that attack have to be dumped en masse. Can't work with that lack of intensity in the PL.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Once again, it is De Gea giving the post-match interview. Where the feck is Maguire, the coward.

Moriarty

Smells like sabotage to me. ETH looked utterly frustrated, then baffled, then angry. If memory serves, the players wanted Poch after Ralf left but they got Ten Hag. I may be pissing in the wind here but that half-ased display today looked like a team who did not want to do what they had been told to do.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
DDG doing the post-match? Feck you Maguire! Captain, my arse!

SuperiorXI

I know it was hot but the players looked so much slower than Brentford. Brentford were up for it right from the start...

Where was the bounce back? We didn't have a good start to the season but that can happen... if there's one thing we can take from the Fergie era it's that after every bad result we always bounced back. Here we've just regressed... why?

George The Best

It seems ETH doesn’t want an out and out DM. After that shambles he might need a rethink, hardly a ball winner on the pitch today. You can’t play possession football if you can’t win the fecking thing to start with.

StuCol

Chimp
Ivan Tony summed it up there. When asked about tactics he just said ‘Hard Work’

It really is that simple to play against us now. Work hard and you will win, because we won’t. How very sad

Moriarty

The victim won't die as easy as they expect. We are Manchester United and we will never die.

Gloves are now off in the fight against these bastards and they won't win.
They need to go. It might take relegation to get rid of them but the club cannot continue to carry them any more.

emperortan

Our fear has come true. Ten Hag was too confident, looking down on the English Premier League when he bought a short central defender who had not proven anything in the big leagues before. After today, it can be confirmed that Martinez is a big flop of MU this transfer season. Really reprehensible. This is definitely Ten Hag's fault, no doubt.
A match shows that De Gea, the goalkeeper who is earning the highest salary in world football history for a goalkeeper, has now become his own shadow. Dean is gone, now no one can fix it.
The two wings with Dalot and Luke Shaw continued to become a disappointment, one was lazy to run, the other was too limited in skills, not worthy of playing in the Premier League.
The central midfielder rotates between Fred and McTom to see that even one of these two on the field is too much for this team. These two men can't play as the anchor. The duo's comedic moments are really not funny anymore for Red Devils fans now.
Bruno and R4 were invisible today for the whole match, Bruno still try to make people remember him today with a yellow card at the end of the game.
That's it, Glazer OUT!

STBJohnny

Every single player should give their weekly wage to charity. This would be the decent thing. Im sick and tired of this. So angry.

Rolaholic

Liverpool might hit double figures next week, proper disgrace of a football club

Fitchett

That was without doubt, the worst performance I have seen in 59 years of watching United. Most of the squad are a bunch of overpaid, spineless losers. The rot started at the top, with the American leeches bleeding the club for the past 17 years. They must go now, followed by a load of others.

And why is De Gea again doing the post match apology interview on Sky? Why not Captain Fantastic?

Moriarty

Ivan Tony summed it up there. When asked about tactics he just said ‘Hard Work’

It really is that simple to play against us now. Work hard and you will win, because we won’t. How very sad
That's a good philosophy for anything in life. Things that are worth having require hard work. That's probably one of the reasons Ronaldo wants away.

cletus7

A message needs to be sent out.

United492

DDG doing the post-match? Feck you Maguire! Captain, my arse!
Where is the captain!? Fair play to DDG, he had a bad game, but you can see he gives a damn and is genuinely upset. I'm not sure you can say that about many others, if any.

Player Ratings

2.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 434 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Brentford 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Brentford 1:1 Man Utd