PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:1 Brighton & Hove Albion

Post-match discussion

Sun, 10 November 2019

always_hoping

Good performance and comfortable win. I hope that McTominay injury isn't serious. Two wins in a row with 6 goals scored a case to be made that the international break has come at the wrong time.

Gordon S

Madness! Felt like we could have scored 7 today. The decisionmaking and lack of composure from our attackers is mindboggling. Great entertainment anyhow:drool:

Untd55

Good game, but should have scored more.

Rashford needs to improve his finishing and pass back to Martial once in a while. He would be a top quality player then.

Fred was the best player today, followed closely by James.

Really enjoyed that game! :drool:

The only thing that annoys me is that we didn't keep a clean sheet and we didn't score more.

Anywho not sure who to pick for my MOTM, I'm thinking it's between James, Fred and Martial??

Prodigy24

Lots of positives to take from this game, especially from the second half. Should have scored a lot more though but hopefully they'll come in the next games. Shame to end it with another injury though, hope it's nothing serious with McTominay.

Man of the match goes to either Fred or James, both were very good. Probably give it to Fred considering he's been quite bad this season, so hope this game can be a turn of form for him.

Special mention to the mad fecker in Brandon Williams :keano:.

Superunknown

Really enjoyed that performance. One of our best games in a long while, especially in that second half. Lots of chances created and it looked like the players were having a good time out there. Fred was my MOTM, but I just loved some of the play between the front three of Rashford, Martial and James. We really, really need to work on that and turn it into a major strength.

Red Royal

That was fun. Very enjoyable, could see that when confidence grew we atart playing some good slick passing and our front 3 look very good. Scott and Fred jeep maturing and Pereira had a decent game.

So all positives from an attacking sense!

eire-red

Hopefully McTominay's is just a turned ankle, two weeks to recover so hopefully he will be fine. The way we have played in the last two games makes me want to see how we would be in Pogba in that 10 role.

Rashford is in equal parts a frustrating player and a joy to watch, but brings so much to the team. His goal was brilliantly taken, but the miss was terrible. Once it all comes together it looks like he will be a force.

James and Martial brilliant as well, Fred's best game for us by a long way. Bar set pieces Maguire was dominant. Great stuff, get Pobga into that team and push on. What a difference a week makes

redom

There are signs that we're starting to put things together and improve, obviously still a lot to work on but at least there are things to be optimistic about at the moment.

Will be interesting to see where we slot Pogba into this team, the obvious one seems Perreira but we always seem to want Pogba in a deeper position so we'll see.

Suvvernmanc

Fred is looking like the player we all hoped he could be. Sometimes players need time when coming from a foreign league. I've been very impressed with his work rate and his passing has been alot better.

Daniel James' crossing has been poor at times but his last few games have been brilliant in that aspect. I thought these 2 players were the best on the pitch today.

MonkeysMagic

Fred...take a bow! It's been long time coming but his best game w/o question. Incisive, creative and defensive masterclass. I hope, really hope, that this is the start of his career for Utd and make the position his own. McT injury a potential downer and a shame since him and Fred were creating a nice understanding, Pogba due back but I jurors barring, wont walk into the side, unbelievable as that sounds!

Siorac

OK first half, great second half. That was a lot of fun and we should have scored a lot more.

Fred was completely, shockingly brilliant. I don't even know where that came from. I know it's "only Brighton" but he and the team were both shite more often than not against teams of this quality.

fecking international break. It comes at the worst possible time. Except maybe it can give some time for McTominay if he's injured.

Judas

Open to offers
There are signs that we're starting to put things together and improve, obviously still a lot to work on but at least there are things to be optimistic about at the moment.

Will be interesting to see where we slot Pogba into this team, the obvious one seems Perreira but we always seem to want Pogba in a deeper position so we'll see.
If Ole doesn’t slip Pogba back into his rightful position in place of Andreas he’s absolutely bonkers. It shouldn’t even be a question.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
What a fun game. We were brilliant going forward. Could have had 6 or 7, Rashford, for the second game in a row, could have had 3.
Impressed by Martial, Rashford, McT, Williams, Maguire and Fred.

Once we have Pogba in the hole instead of Pereira, we could be some team.

fergie_god

Martial was easily motm for me. His hold up play today was the best I've seen from him and was constantly making the right touches and passes to James and Rashford.

Irwin99

Best performance of the season I thought. Brighton play some nice passes but it doesn't lead to anything and we picked them off on the counter pretty easily. Could have scored 5 or 6. I said the only way they'd score against us was a set piece and it looked that way all game.

Maguire was fantastic, so much better than his last 4 or 5 games and Fred was MotM. Virtually very player a 7 at least.

Strong argument that that's our best team? Shaw doesn't improve us in my opinion and Pogba, whilst genuinely world class, needs a team to be built around him and in a two man midfield wouldn't put the energy that Fred and McTom did today.

A few slight negatives would be Pereira at the 10 role (despite the goal) and the goal conceded. We know we're a good team when the opponents give us space and allow us to counter but surely oppo managers are going to cotton on to this again after the last few displays?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

We will need a deeper squad, so there is no reason why a player of his ability cant be slotted in

Jaonz

Finally brought back the excitement watching united again :drool: and Fred was brilliant. MOTM

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Back to how it should be, lots of chances, and coming away moaning we've only scored 3 :drool:

Rashy should have had 3 as a given.

Run_time_error

Excellent result, should have scored a couple more. Williams has to play more often and that was Fred's best game (not difficult). Still some sloppy passing at times. Martial was very unselfish which is surprising for a striker (Rashford). I'd like to see Pogba play in that formation as the number 10 but I wouldn't change anything else.

redom

If Ole doesn’t slip Pogba back into his rightful position in place of Andreas he’s absolutely bonkers. It shouldn’t even be a question.
Could really give us that extra creativity and quality we need in the final third, kinda excited to see it.

90 + 5min

So we have won against another "implemented-great-style-manager-after-two-days-job".

Great game and the pattern is clear to see. We are getting better and better and our injuried players are getting to full fitness. Nothing negative to write beside us being little bit selfish in final thrid. We could have scored few more goals if we only looked up. But we won and that is most imporant thing.

Best player: Fred. Him and McTom were great to see. I hope McTom is not that serious injuried.

RedIan

Hope Fred wins me over as ive never rated him but today he was very good today and I gave him motm. Rashford needs to start showing more composure in front of goal, missed some sitters today, you don’t have to blast ever shot, a tap in will do with the open goal 3 yds away !! He should have had a hatrick today. Grinders crossed Scott’s ok, it looked serious ankle injury, ligaments at best. Overall a much needed win and pretty comfortable.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Best performance of the season. Brighton travel poorly but I thought we got all over them for more or less the entire game, and even when they managed to get a foothold with their goal we were pleasingly quick to shut them down again. The only thing I can criticise is the finishing, we should have made our dominance count more emphatically on the scoreboard but otherwise it was a fine performance. More of this and we'll win plenty of games in the PL and start climbing the table.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Do we need to be concerned about not being clinical enough? Besides the goals i think he had at least 5 massive chances we failed to convert. Did not matter today, but we have been punished for it earlier in the season and we will again in tighter games.

Happy with how we played, but we could easily have scored 6 today

MrBest

Fred man of the match. Williams surely must be first choice left back, shaw who? Maguire was solid as was aWB as always. Lindelof the weak point, was average. Mctominay a rock as usual. Andreas is weak, clueless, cannot wait for Pogba to be back and play in that role. Martial was quiet today, a few half chances at the end but his presence is unbelievable and how he takes the pressure off rashy and jamesy. James was as always hard work with solid output. Rashford could of scored 4 but it was a great performance from him. Another goal, I think he is a goal scorer but will score you 15 great goals a year and I will take that. Great game especially the last 20 mins. Was amazing to see us step up after they scored, we were average before that. Hopefully conceding that goal and the quick fire builds confidence for the future.

Nr.7

That was actually quite enjoyable.
We had some poor spells, but we also managed to have some great spells of dominance and good attacking plays.

Williams was quite good. He’s positive and tenacious. I expect him to make some mistakes in the future, but that’s expected from a young player. Besides there’s a difference between an 19 year old player make mistakes and a 34 year old player (yes, Young).

I’m not too convinced on Lindelof. Not the hardest player ever and he gave easy/silly balls away a few times which you wouldn’t really expect from a supposed ball-playing CB.

Wan-Bissaka didn’t have the best of games, but even then I’m quite confident when he’s in 1v1 defensive situations, which says a lot.

James is such a menace. Nice cross on him as well. I think that could be right-wing position sorted.

Fred was decent as well. Credit where it’s due.

Too bad for those misses by Rashford. He could (should) have had a hattrick.

Hopefully McTominay is nothing really serious.

Overall a positive day at the office. :)

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
After Brighton scored it looked like this team actually knows how to play attacking football. I want this nonsense of slowing down after going 1-2 up to simply stop. Ole said he wants the old days back.. well, at those times United went for 2-3-4-5 after they scored the first goal and the second.

Martial will never stop being targeted by negative nonsense. He ran, he found himself in good positions multiple times, he assisted and he is simply brilliant at holding up the ball. He is extremely important to keep fit if we want to keep improving this season.

Finally i can award Fred with not just positive comments, but the MOM award. Brilliant game, and it showed me that he has bunch of talent in that little body. I think he missed one pass today, while making multiple brilliant once forward. And his work-rate is top-notch, while he seems to be tougher to take the ball from unlike earlier in his career here.

Reactions: Ødegaard

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 45% of 621 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 411 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win