PL W FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 30 June 2020

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Really impressive, and I hesitate to say this but its not a million miles away from what Liverpool and City are producing. Just going in and dominating teams, and putting matches to bed fairly easily.

We are getting there, and although we will be taking each game as it comes its easy to think we will keep putting wins on the board with the fixtures we have remaining.

As has already been said, our business this summer needs to be around adding depth to this squad.

I've had the same thought while watching every league game since the restart. Regardless of whether we get there or not, this is now a Champions League quality team we have and we have to stick with this plan, and of course with Ole, no matter what happens now.

bondsname

What a performance! I'm so happy right now. That 3rd goal was... wow.

baskinginthesun

These were the types of games we were drawing or losing a few months ago. Nice to see the turn around and make it a routine win.

3 really well worked goals. Defended well and really never looked like conceding. Probably could have scored a few more if we wanted to.

Acquire Me

Great performance. Greenwood will be one of the finest strikers in the world. Get in lads!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Why is it so surprising that when Bruno, Pogba, or both are off the pitch that United struggle? That's how it was the first 3 or so months of the season. It was extremely laborious to score a goal, aside from 2. Matic is fit and in form, he sets the foundation. Pogba is controlling the central of the park and spreading the ball. Bruno makes it tick up front. Rashford needs a goal so bad, but he has to keep going and contribute in other ways if he's not scoring.
Imagine winning 3-0 and your first instinct is to criticise our last 30 minutes...

Come on lads...enjoy it.

Art

Art the artist
Bruno's so fecking classy in his post match interview. Well said.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Great stuff up until the first substitutions. Bruno Greenwood Matic and Pogba excellent, everyone played their part.

Dropped a level afterwards but Williams was good coming on, managed to rest our main players and apart from a short spell of Brighton pressure totally controlled the game.

Love the starting team; if everyone played to their top level this time would frighten anybody. Other teams should now be fearing us.

Extra bonuses yet again got the correct score and no.14 Move Destroyer nowhere to be seen.

0le

Great game. Good performances all over the pitch. We struggled with that Trossard fella but yeah, wonderful performance.

HJ12

Post match interview with Bruno now...guy is just class.

Judas

Open to offers
An absolute breeze. Easy measured and controlled display, very happy.

The step down in quality when our midfielders went off was obvious, and can't go ignored though. We have to keep Pogba and Bruno fit at all costs, or we're simply buggered.

He'sRaldo

The most interesting thing about the match for me was the positional play and partnerships
we seem to have been working on.

That's exactly what I like to see, IMO one of the final steps to being the best team. The last thing we need to do now is upgrade the bench, and we're golden.

SteveW

Another great performance. Love watching this team. Bruno is a magician with 3 lungs. Pogba dominant. Greenwood showing his class.

Fast, clinical, classy football. This PE teacher really seems quite good at this management stuff.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Ah what a nice interview with Bruno. Very humble...

The Real Treble 99

Fantastic football & then some decent football when the stars went off. Most importantly 3points & a very good watch. The 3rd goal was classic Utd counter & a great finish from Bruno MOTM. Add a few additions to this team & we should be a solid team come next season.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fantastic interview from Bruno.

Revan

Assumptionman
Missed the match but Greenwood's goal is :drool: I haven't seen many better 18 years old strikers in my life. There aren't many better finishers right there, and him already scoring 13 goals is insane.

PoTMS

Goal difference now +20. 3 points behind Leicester but with an inferior GD. Need to keep these big scores up as GD could be key.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Post match interview with Bruno now...guy is just class.
He must be great in the locker room. The respect he has for all his team mates.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
A mostly good performance. Still not at our best, mind. Both Rashford and Martial weren't that involved.

I also don't think we should be too critical of the strength of our five subs given you'd never change that many in a normal game and in such a short amount of time. It really ruins all rhythm although you can see why Ole would do it.

stu_1992

A great win tonight. Really enjoyable match and had it done and put to bed early enough to rest some players. Pretty ideal. Had 2 great goals too. Particularly the final goal though. Just a devastating counter attack. The pass from Matic was just pure filth, perfect ball from Greenwood and not a bad finish also from Fernandes. What an impact he has had.

AFC NimbleThumb

Vive la Pogba FC.

The second he & Bruno were taken off we saw what life is like without them, we need to build on this squad going forward. Great first hour.

Andersonson

Bruno has lifted this team. What a great signing. Matic, Pogba and Greenwood also vital today.

Great game and great management

edcunited1878

Imagine winning 3-0 and your first instinct is to criticise our last 30 minutes...

Come on lads...enjoy it.
People are just waiting to complain about a player or the performance when it's clear it's game over and keeping a clean sheet is important. Just let them play and be a little looser the fact that the result is a formality.

Really glad the players were able to rest a little more and they kept their concentration up to keep a clean sheet.

My only Eric

The fact that Rashford isn't in form and we're playing this good is just sweet.
Now get better players for rotation

OT1214

Brilliant post match interview with Bruno there. Wise words.

montpelier

Winning with authority and fluency. And doing that quite a lot. This is the best we've looked in yonks.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Come on lads...enjoy it.
I dont even think the last 30 were that bad, still had most of the play, full control and several chances to go up 4-0.

Solid, solid game against a team we've never beaten away in the PL

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 64% of 360 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 379 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win