PL W FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 September 2020

dove

I don’t know any United fan that can look at that performance and think we are heading in the right direction. Against a better team, things would have gotten really ugly.
What, 1/3 of this forum does :lol:

jackal&hyde

Talk about Fergie time! We score after the last whistle haha. Poor game by us but I'm delighted

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Massive 3 points. Could be huge at the end of the season.

Awful performance, but we snatch the points & move on. Get in!

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It doesn't paper over anything. I'm not drawing conclusions on coaching. There were individual performances out there worse than anything ive seen at United. AWB & Pogba being the main culprits.
We should cut our losses with Pogba. No hard feelings but he’s just been such a nothing signing in the context of the fee and fanfare. We should not be thinking about giving him a pay rise.

AWB has never been and will never be anywhere near good enough. We paid £130m for him and Maguire which just beggars belief to be honest.

Superden

Brighton have a football plan and have recruited really well. can be seen in their performances. they also happen to have an innovative coach (check out his CV, includes a master's in leadership and emotional intelligence), and a very experienced highly regarded director of football. its not that hard to figure out is it.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Mental game. I think we were somehow even worse than we were against Palace. Absolutely did not deserve anything from that, nevermind a win. I'd definitely be enjoying it a lot more if any of our players had looked like they even gave a shit.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I don't see how Ole managed. Brighton was attacking with our right side expose over and over. Bailly came in, nothing changes. Right side is still exposed. What is wrong with him? Does he make correct tactical changes? Go back to the dressing room, congrats the team for their first 3 points. What a joke? With the right manager, without new signings this team can play better.

SAFMUTD

Im seriously worried, thats 2 awful performances now. Winning doesnt hide that we were absolute shit. Brighton deserves the win, we're lucky they hit the post 5 times and that gifted penalty from Maupay at the end.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I know everybody else is fuming at the performance. But I'm literally sat here with a massive smile on my face because I had no idea we'd won until about 10 minutes after the fact.

I'd had all that time to stew in the disappointment and then suddenly it was like somebody had stepped into a time machine and fixed the result.

Cheer up, guys. It could literally have been worse.
Same, im grinning like a madman right now after about 1 minute of straight up joker like laughing. Good entertainment.

Shiva87

What a ballistic result and some real luck there. Can't complain with 3 points. They all count.

The entire team looks so much out of the races. Only player with some credit is Bruno who delivered 3 moments of quality to win us the game.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We need to pull our fingers out and fast. Got away with it today, but other teams forwards won't be so kind.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That was AWBs man all game!!! He never had him!
Bollocks. Bruno didn't bother to look behind. Regulation track your runner scenario.

Our CBs all had a player to cover at the cross and did it. Bruno ball watched and missed March.

Nogbadthebad

Put that defence against decent finishers like Kane and the scousers and we could be really embarrassed in a few games this season.

I don't follow transfers that much, but the only defender I've seen rumours about is a left back? Shaw is the least of our worries in that back 4.

Falcow

Sign of a great team when you win even when playing crap. :D

Awful performance. Worryingly poor/slow start to the season. What sort of a pre season did we have? None it would seem.

Important three points.

Untd55

We are a counter-attacking team. The only chances we created were on the counter; we are awful at trying to break teams down.

The defence is awful (18 shots against Manutd).

Brighton should have won today.

Unfortunately, it should be a step closer to Solskjaer's sacking but the win will delay it.

We parked the bus.

Honestly, this is like the Juventus game, but we were playing a lower Premier League team.

sugar_kane

Because he scored a stoppage time winner in a CL final 21 years ago.
Really sick of hearing this - yeah he perhaps gets extra leeway from the fans but it’s not just because of one goal.

He scored 126 goals for us and was with us nearly ten years. He’s a fecking OT legend.

BulgarianDevil91

What actually was Maupay's crying celebration about anyway?
It's a FIFA thing.

Mbappe did a similar celebration last season after scoring and it is being implemented in the next iteration of the game as well. It's considered to be one of the most "toxic" in-game celebrations, too.

Maupay himself is a regular FIFA player and that's why he used it.

Woziak

Let’s all be completely honest here, we just committed daylight Robbery in Sussex , the team is clearly not fit and struggling, Pogba is currently a liability , the 2 Centre backs possibly the slowest pair in the top 8 teams and because of their distinct lack of pace, the team are always so deep meaning the two full backs who do actually have pace are constantly covering and therefore knackered being asked to play 3 roles during the game, Auxillary CB, defensive FB and attacking FB, Bissaka was awful today, Shaw adequate but let’s be honest here, I think the truth is that Matic and both full backs mask just how slow are Centre backs are, yes we need Sancho or an elite talent on the right wing but Rio, Wes Brown, Jap Stam, Vidic, Gary Palister, Ronnie Johnson , Johnny Evans and dare I say it , a current centre back we are about to lose, Chris Smalling are all much better than the current dross that occupies are Centre Back squad options, time to promote youth, buy an absolute elite CB and ship out Lindelof, Rojo and Jones !!!

Woodzy

I don't see how Ole managed. Brighton was attacking with our right side expose over and over. Bailly came in, nothing changes. Right side is still exposed. What is wrong with him? Does he make correct tactical changes? Go back to the dressing room, congrats the team for their first 3 points. What a joke? With the right manager, without new signings this team can play better.
That's probably on AWB, or Bailly who I assume was supposed to communicate the change to AWB.

My assumption would have been that bringing Bailly on would allow AWB to stop coming central and stay on top of March.

The United

Who the fck cares if we deserved it or not? We are clearly off the pace right now. We need any kind of wins when we are getting back to the pace.

I will only start to worry if we still play like this in a couple of weeks.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 358 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Brighton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 19% Brighton 0:2 Man Utd