PL W FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 September 2020

JG3001

Can see why Mourinho played every game with 8 men in defence. About as sturdy as wet toilet paper

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Awful awful performance, but dragging three points out of that housefire of a performance at least shows some balls and a never say die attitude that we're damn sure going to need if we don't urgently improve our football.

The positives for me were Rashford, who looked alive again on the shoulder of the defence and took his goal well, and the general cajones we showed to hang in playing terribly and grab the points.

The negatives are honestly too numerous to name, but we're off the mark and surely (surely) we can only get better from here.

chickensgowoof

VAR did well, and I also thought woodwork had a good game. Even owngoal seems to be finding his form with a goal.

great stuff!

Red Viking

The game ended 3 - 2 but honestly we could have had no complains if we had lost 6 - 2 today. This was a dire performance as we got outplayed all over the pitch in majority of the game.

I did not notice the end result.

r0663664

Worships Man City
What a joke?! Arm robbery. Ole is the mastermind. I don't have any confidence with this team. We cannot kill off a team', how can the team sit back and invite attack. Stupid coach! Embarrassing performance! Ole out!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Daylight robbery really. Does not bode well for the future.

Pogba looked terrible. Has to be dropped for the next game.

Betson

2nd best team all day and poxed lucky to win it but 3pts are 3pts no matter how you earn them. That is the important thing

But we really need to start improving very quickly or this season will get away form us in the first month. We really are shambolic at times and it is not all down to fitness.

Paul_Scholes18

I would drop both Fernandez and Pogba for next game. Penalty scored aside they were both terrible today.

Cliche Guevara

Still absolutely raging at that equaliser. It was as inevitable as Southampton at the end of last season.

So, so lucky and I hope it’s just a lack of match fitness because this is painful to watch. We spent more time going backwards than forwards which seems to be becoming a feature.

wolvored

Lucky lucky win. All of the team were poor today. If we dont improve drastically we will be playing for top 8 never mind top 4.

RedIan

Wow wow - Brighton played so well, how many times did they hit the woodwork. We were terrible first half.. shocking other than Matic. 2nd half we played better but still persistently left their left winger with miles off space, all the danger was from him. He hit the post 3 times then finally scored after again being left unmarked With acres of space..
. Shocking defending AWB and Lindelof culpable...

Anyway a much need lucky 3 point so TFFT.

cj_sparky

Incredibly average if not poor performance. But wins a win... :nervous:

Brighton again in a couple of days at the Amex will be interesting :lol:

suheilsworld

Horrible performance. But probably the lucky win that was needed to kickstart our season.... I’ll take that. But we really need a hairdryer of a hairdryer

acnumber9

I don’t understand what our defensive tactics were. Our full backs are tucking into the centre, Brighton were switching the play to players in acres meaning the full back has to come out leaving space for their wing back and leaving space in the centre. Wan Bissaka was shit but I felt sorry for him because he was being given an impossible task.

Drifter

American
If Brighton had taken those chances. Most would be in the Ole thread clicking on the out button. But we scraped a win and papered over the cracks for the next match.

Lynty

Scored in the 9th minute of 5 added minutes from a penalty awarded after the final whistle.

Thoroughly deserved win :wenger:

Adamsk7

We really are living up to our penalty reputation. I would quite like to win a game by playing well soon please.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Tactically we were horrendous today. They’d doubled up on AWB throughout and Oles answer was to put Bailly in the middle and hope for the best. We got out of jail with that penalty, Maupay has a lot to answer for with that handball. We had good parts in the match, but largely not good enough.

reddevil702

Thank feck we got the win but this feels and looks just like the first half of last season. Thoroughly outplayed and we’re just lucky we have superior attacking talent. We just look uncomfortable and labored in possession.

AngliaRed

Im suprised the ref restarted the match after he blew the final whistle!

absolutely shocking performance, again!

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Complete lack of workrate from the front 4. The opponent can basically just walk the ball past Rashford/Greenwood/Martial/Bruno and are facing the back 6 with time to think too many times a game.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Some of you seem to be gutted

This was one of those games got a lot of luck but all should be delighted and relieved. Season starts today

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
As Maupay walks out in tears.

Now I understood the hate from Arsenal fans. Proper cnut.
He is the sort of player you love when he is in your team but can't stand in the opposing team.

My favourite memory of him was him standing in front of the Leeds fans at Elland Road giving it large after scoring a pen with the Leeds animals going apoplectic.

Off the pitch he is an absolute gent and a lovely bloke but once he crosses the white line he is a menace.

Untd55

Results business?

Parking the bus?

Pressed off the pitch?

Sounds like some complaints about a certain manager. Sorry, Solskjaer is exempt.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 358 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Brighton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 19% Brighton 0:2 Man Utd