PL W FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 September 2020

RoyH1

My cardiologist wants a word with me after that game.
We were so lucky though. We did not deserve the 3 points.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
feck me boys I closed the laptop after their equaliser and nipped to the shop to grab some bevs. Saw the score - refreshed bbc and saw it ended (FT - 2 -2), then checked the caf and saw "clear penalty" - got my heart racing. Then refreshed bbc and saw 3-2. WTF
Server you right. Like leaving a game early.

Arsenal fan :lol:

Denis79

Didn't watch this match. Seems like it was another shiteshow and we got saved by a penalty?
And the post 5 times. Yes 5 times! Brighton battered us we just used up all our luck for this season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
For the lack of luck against Palace it more than evened itself out there

Toni's Left Foot

We are the worst coached/drilled team in the league.

Quickly losing my patience with the current coaching set up.

Pogba was dreadful and I don't want to make excuses for him but Ole needs to find a system that gets the best out of Pogba's creativity or it's best Pogba leaves. Having said that, Pogba's attitude was shocking today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure I've ever seen a result stolen quite like that. Complete garbage performance, they hit woodwork 5 times and missed countless chances, VAR pulled back a pen for them that you definitely see given, we get gifted a pen after the final whistle is already blown (was worried there was a rule against that) from a brain dead decision from Maupay to win it.

Individual performances were really bad, Rashford got involved 2nd half and looked very good though. Matic MotM, Bruno pretty shit for most of the game apart from the great pass to Rashford and a great pen, but goal and assist so thats why you leave him on! Martial bad game, Greenwood bad game, Pogba was bad first half and downright woeful 2nd half. Fullbacks were a bit shit defensively in addition to being ineffective going forward, so that's not really what you want from them... anyway we used up a lot of luck today. Need signings to lift the mood

DickDastardly

No control of the game.

No clear tactics.

No cohesion.

No team play.

Playing purely on an individual level and skill.

That however, won't get us too far.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I don’t think I’ve ever found a Fergie Time winner such a joyless experience. We are an absolute mess. This is a win that papers over the cracks. We are such a poorly coached side when it comes to the fundamentals.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Sitting on a one goal lead with this team was monumentally stupid. Once Bailly came on for Greenwood, a late equalizer was inevitable.

bsCallout

I hate us, I hate watching us. Martial and rashford appear to have forgotten the offside rule, pogba is less than dogshit, 5 defenders on the field and nobody has the back post, awful sideways and backwards passing like peak lvg.
Horrible.
Fall over Albion played us off the park.
Was Martial offside even once?

Castia

Very lucky. Buzzing with the 3 points and how the game ended but we need to wake up.

They hit the woodwork 5 fecking times and was generally the better side.

Judas

Open to offers
Absolute robbery that. Pissing myself laughing that I turned off out of anger at the final whistle but oh well.

We have to improve, because we simply look woeful.

sport2793

Just an awful start to the season. It looks like long diagonals to wingbacks/wide forwards are what have been killing us early on in the season, teams have clearly identified this as a way to get at us. I truly believe though that had we gotten players in before the start of the season that we wouldn't look nearly as bad. Ole has to fix this quickly for him to stabilize his position but there's no doubt that the ultimate blame lies with the greedy Glazers, sucking and draining the life out of this club, feck them.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Brighton were very good as i expected. Us not so much. Important win and good minutes in the bank.

I still don't think midfield of Matic, Pogba and Bruno works well, even without the awful individual performances.

M16Red

Pogba a different puzzle piece in the wrong box, he was very poor.

Wan gets pulled in field way to much and will cost us more soon.

Ole needs to show more in the game, if he doesn't show he cares, why should the players - people will say its Ole, but the coaching staff look boring as feck.

meamth

I don't care how shit we were. That first goal celebration from Maupay deserved the robbery.

The irony, he celebrated with crying gesture, he ended up crying in the end. :lol:

DomM

completely outplayed all over the pitch, would have been lucky with a draw yet alone a win. this isn't just down to fitness, or lack of it, we just dont seem prepared or coached properly. we are in for a few spanking this season.

Woodzy

10 mins of injury time ffs :lol:
It wasn't really though. There were 5 minutes, Brighton scored on the 95th, referee allowed a little time after restart for the celebration and we instantly went up the other end and won the corner. Won the penalty from the corner and the rest is insignificant.

Prodigy24

This was one of the craziest games I've ever witnessed. Still can't process the ending of the game. Feels soo good, but we were terrible.

wolvored

Could’ve been 5-2 to us if Rashford held his runs.
It was a dire performance agreed
Dont know what game you were watching but no way would we have won if all the chances had been taken it could have been 10-3 to them. The second part is correct.

Gwhizz

Ole isn't the man for this job unfortunately. He needs a better squad which he won't get under the Glazers so we need a coach. Someone who teaches tempo and has the team playing cohesively. Thoroughly outplayed by both Palace and Brighton who have vastly inferior players. The common denominator is how well the teams are coached and drilled. Sancho isn't fixing this mess. He will paper the cracks and that's it.

Tony Babangida

We were terrible. I think we’ll get better though. Not ready to write the season off yet. Plus at least it was entertaining, nothing better than a last second winner!

siw2007

Only listened to the game on soccer Saturday, what drama and a smash n grab job well done. We really did get lucky today, it sounded like Brighton battered us for long periods. I reluctantly accepted that last week we were looking for fitness but it's another week on now and we should be starting to find some form now. Need to improve now!!

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 358 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Brighton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 19% Brighton 0:2 Man Utd