PL W FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 September 2020

Verminator

He didnt bust a gut for a single thing. Including when they hit the cross bar and he casually jogged to near the player with Lindelof busting a gut to slide in and try to block.

He never busted a gut to get anywhere near his man which he left open all day long.

This isnt Mourinho football, he doesn't need Greenwood to help him out with his one job.

We have 6 defensive positions, Greenwood should stay up top.

If anything the player that should help hin out is Pogba but they were as awful as each other.
I'm not saying he wasn't poor, but Pogba was far worse. I gave AWB a 4 and Pogba a 1. Not because I have anything against PP, but he was wrong in everything he did. AWB chased the ball to their D prior to their 2nd goal. The midfield and attack had stopped doing that.
The knock on was, he was out of position due to that.
He didn't deserve higher than a 4.

Zlatans Knee

What I don’t understand is how in the space of a few weeks we have lost all fitness, shape, awareness and ability to pass a simple ball. Of all the teams I have watched since the season started we are the worst. Today was daylight robbery.

Shimo

Best part of today was Bruno's post match interview. Particularly liked how he pointed out Fred interjecting himself to prevent the Brighton players from harassing him.

As for the game, dire performance all around, the biggest culprit being Ole. This is just another example of many how he just isn't able to affect the game from tactical decisions in game.

First, that ball over to our right was always on, player kept getting it with so much time / space, too often near our box. Yet, no change in trying to combat it.

Going forward, our front 4 are completely out of it, yet persists whole game without changing things. We've got a front 3 that is capable of playing all the way across but, no attempts to change things around, just anything at least to give Brighton something else to think about.

Yet again started Lindelof from the off, once again leaving us with a partnership that only backs off, zero aggression to stop attacks higher up the pitch.

We won our first and only corner of the match right at the death and that was through desperation. Seriously, how is it we go a whole game without threatening in behind? To answer my own question, because Ole is not able to make tactical changes, when things are not working through the middle, we should at least be trying to get out wide.

bsCallout

It's one more than you claimed though eh, or does that not count.
I'm not gonna get into a row over it since the last cretin reported me.
Behave and grow up.
I didn't claim anything. Work on your comprehension.

I asked if he was offside at all because you made it sound like it was loads and I couldnt remember him being offside.

I was right to question it because you was being hyperbolic.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Dumpster fire of a win for us. That is by far the worst win we’ve had in the past 10 years. Otherwise sweet sweet karma for that prick Maupay

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I want to dislike Maupay celebration but it could be that he has a baby at home. But yea very punchable face.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I've been surprised by some of the reaction to the smash and grab. We were garbage but I'd happily take 30 wins where we've been garbage and some how fumbled our way to three points. We're a long way from 2012-13, and I'd be speechless if our season went the same way. However, the story of the first half of that season was us basically managing to somehow win matches we had no right to win. Up until QPR away that season we looked very unconvincing. I remember us needing Van Persie to scrap a 2-1 against Cluj or someone like that. Three points is three points.

Giggzy P

I am enjoying the 3 undeserved points, as its going to be a tough season to watch so we have to make hay while.....

Ole (bless him) looks like his just enjoying being United Manager. He has no care in the world, just sitting there watching his ipad. There are no fans to urge the players on, so surely he should show some urgency himself, show he doesn't like what he sees, Yet our manager, his on his ipad, doing God knows what. There's no urgency with our play, no patterns, no identity. When we try to press its diabolical, we don't press we chase the ball. We leave so much space because we are not all pressing as a team, so its easy to play through.

We could get Sancho today, might give us a lift but in the long run, Ole is just out of his depth.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
What I don’t understand is how in the space of a few weeks we have lost all fitness, shape, awareness and ability to pass a simple ball. Of all the teams I have watched since the season started we are the worst. Today was daylight robbery.
We were not even doing the basics right true, but thats how its like at that level. Its played at such a speed and intensity, so if you are not match fit, you are going to look like a complete pub player.

Absolutely stole three points today, but hopefully another week with training and we will be a bit sharper

freddie the red

Really sick of hearing this - yeah he perhaps gets extra leeway from the fans but it’s not just because of one goal.

He scored 126 goals for us and was with us nearly ten years. He’s a fecking OT legend.
This....I'm sick of the lack of respect shown here and elsewhere by so called United fans.
Whether or not he's the man for this particular job he is absolutely a club legend and deserves respect for being so.
Debate on whether or not he can take us back to the heights is fine but outright venomous name calling isn't.

big rons sovereign

I didn't claim anything. Work on your comprehension.

I asked if he was offside at all because you made it sound like it was loads and I couldnt remember him being offside.

I was right to question it because you was being hyperbolic.
Now, I know it's beyond comprehension that maybe, or even possibly I was referring to both making runs too soon or holding the ball too long. I know, I know, it's crazy right? But no, feel free to continue with these arrogant and downright petty little arguments.
Now, I'm, happy to have been you're fixation for the day. But it's getting late and we don't want nursey finding out you've been at the internet again do we?
Cheerio princess.

Devil may care

Grand theft pointso!

The sloth like center of this team is gonna struggle all season, bright sparks in the front 3 but overall we were lucky to get anything from that game.

HarryRedCrumbs

Firstly, Brighton played very well today, they did not let off and did a good job of pressing us back up the pitch. However, Utd were awful. We just looked disjointed and with little clue of how to control the game. I am shitting myself for when we come up against Leeds... AWB was looking good last season but today you could easily be mistaken for thinking it was his first day at work. The whole team looked shoddy, except for Matic and Shaw who I thought did ok. I really hope they pull themselves together soon...

crossy1686

career ending
Just hope that there is something in all that to spark a reaction.

We got away with one so fecking build on it.
The reality is it's going to take 5 games to get fit (2 more from now) and another 5 from that to get our intensity and sharpness. Everyone's shipping goals in at the moment and not everyone in the league can be shit, some teams have to be good.

Let's see how we're playing 10 games into the season, I reckon we'll be fine.

Godfather

We were fecking shit the last couple of weeks of last season as well. We are just continuing this form.

fps

How are people watching that and not just enjoying it?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The team needs a two week training camp to get its shit together but you got to ride the luck sometimes when things aren't going your way.

One thing that cannot be faulted is that the squad will fight.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We were fecking shit the last couple of weeks of last season as well. We are just continuing this form.
We weren’t shit against Copenhagen or Sevilla, games where we had a short break beforehand as opposed to the last few PL games of last season.
We definitely need to improve our play, but quality on the bench and being match fit (but not tired after playing 90 minutes every 3 days) do matter a lot.

giggslover

Initially I want to place this squarely on Ole. Same old same old, never wants to defend by keeping pressure on other team, always willing to try and soak up the pressure and its haunted us game after game after game. Yes, most of our players were poor, but HOW can you have the left side of your defense open time after time and not address it either at half time or at least bring on some one else in the second half and direct them to cover that area.

How many subs are we allowed?? However many, they should have all been used.....

MUFromLTU

Some of our main players played the most minutes from all Premier League players after the restart and half of the starting XI joined sessions weeks after players in other teams. Our most important player, Pogba, had covid which surely isn't optimal. We looked dead in the legs for quite some time, however some of our opponents were already in holiday mode and made us look better than we actually were.

tjb

People need to calm down. We are clearly off fitness wise and its causing use to lose duels we would otherwise be winning. It happens, its also happened with teams with Fergie.

MrSingh2002

Was this performance worse than the Palace game or not?!

I can't decide which was worse.

Ole needs to fix the feck up quickly.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 358 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results