PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Brighton & Hove Albion

Post-match discussion

Sun, 04 April 2021

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Excellent result, good second half performance.
Vital three points

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cess pool of the matchday thread aside, that was an important win.
And that was all that was needed tonight.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Great comeback, excellent 2nd half with extremely important win. I hope we finish 2nd. I know it's irrational, but I would rather us finish 2nd than win Europa League and finish EPL lower. Possibly because I don't think we will win EL and I don't won't to finish 3rd or 4th in pursuit of something that most likely won't happen anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superunknown

I was worried for a bit that we would just see the game drift on by. But, we came out in that second half and got those important goals. Happy for Mason to add another to his tally. :drool:

We do make it hard for ourselves. :lol:

superdry

touched by a genius
JC ain't the only one who can rise from the dead at Easter!

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Just want to say that it's an excellent win for the 3 points. Brighton fought against the red 2nd half tide so well, and very well done to them. It was an absolutely tough game and we did a great service to our club history to snatch the 3 points.

Well done OGS and the boys

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
fecking over the moon with that. Didn’t see us coming back. But said in the other thread we have real mental belief these days and showed huge character to win today,

Fantastic win, delighted

Member 101269

Closer to securing CL and second: ready for next season, ready to renew my season tickets. Right now I don’t care about the play.. just the points

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Glad we won. I hope we can improve the right hand side in the summer.

Ekeke

Rashford, Bruno and Greenwood with a few important moments to get the points.

We need to learn to defend a cross into the middle of our box

stu_1992

A deserved win in the end. We were by far the better team the second half, unrecognisable from the first half really. 2 very nice goals in the second. Great move and finish for the first, and a decent move finished off with a very nice header for the second. Only annoyance from that second half was that we seemed to invite pressure on ourselves in the closing minutes which made it a bit nervy, but not a major deal.

Happy with the win and second half performance. Awful first half, and poor goal to concede, particularly for Wan Bissaka.

wolvored

Thank god Brighton couldnt keep their energy up from the first half. 2 decent goals though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Much better second half. Shaw, Bruno and Pogba all stepped up. Great to see Greenwood score, deserved it the past few months. Fred probably my motm as he was quite good all game, whereas the rest were shit for half of it.

abailey123

Thought Harry Maguire was brilliant at the back tonight. Huge 3 points. Second half was night and day compared to the first half

Oranges038

Terrible first half, much better second.

Reaĺly can't be arsed thinking about this game any more. Totally forgetable match.

joedirt87

3 points but this team could have played for 900 minutes and not found a goal if not for the Brighton mistake

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It wasn’t pretty but a wins a win. Take it & move on. Now onto actually enjoyable thing like having a drink & watching a movie! :D

saivet

Not sure I agree with so many that the 2nd half was excellent. I thought we improved and played okay in the 2nd half and probably deserved the win, but we were by no mean great.

We're now in an excellent position for top 4 so happy days.

These type of performances are becoming a bit of a trend which is concerning but hopefully they can be rectified in the EL and next season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Rather shit overall, but three points is three points.

That’s how Rashford should be utilized - keep the ball out of his feet, give him one touch attempts.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Jammy but I'll take it. We have to stop turning in these pathetic, slow 1st half displays. As soon as we up the tempo we create stuff but they all just stand around like statues until they go a goal down.

I also don't get the point of playing Fred against a team like Brighton who are going to put a lot of bodies behind the ball. I don't think we've had a player who's less of a goal threat since Gary Neville used to trot down the wing.

BestRed

Thank feck for that, tough game, great 3 points for us.

Zen86

It was a chore to watch, but it’s 3 points. There’s a worrying trend with just how flat we’ve been of late. The entire team seems so laboured at times. Hopefully it’s just fatigue, but I think we desperately need some comings and goings in the summer.

keithsingleton

Poor performance but a nice 3 points I suppose. We maybe second in the league but our football so up and down.

Rustyspider13

Great win, comebacks are always fun. Hope this kind of resilient win gives us the belief we need to finish the season on a high.

I missed the first half. So for me it was a decent performance, Brighton didn't threaten at all second half. Very glad for Mason, he's hitting goal scoring form at the right time. Brighton are probably sick of Maguire :)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Could’ve been 90% of our games this season I’ve just watched. Important win though

always_hoping

Job done thanks to a much improved 2nd half performance that included 12 shots on goal, 7 on target and two goals.

Brighton are no mugs recently bet Liverpool away and should have earned at least a draw away to Man City so very pleased that United stepped up 2nd half for a hard earned and deserved win.

lysglimt

Scout
Very strange game - Brighton by far the best side in the first half and then we won the goal attempts after the break by something like 12-0 or 12-1 depending if you count the VAR-situation as an attempt.

It feels strange going behind in game after game, knowing - we will turn it around in the second half - no matter how poor we were before the break.

So regardless of what people think of OGS - surely he must do something right during half-team.

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 39% of 262 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 253 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw