PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Brighton & Hove Albion

Post-match discussion

Tue, 15 February 2022

ChaddyP

we are a "pressing team" and we played a team with 10 men at home for 35 mins and basically rode our luck sat back trying to nick a goal at the end with a counter attack :lol:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Watching the psg vs real Madrid game and then watching our game, the difference tactical is scary. We won't get to an elite level if things doesn't change. Not that impressive but, a good win to keep us into contention for fourth place

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

More xG than City in their 5-0 win tonight. Our finishing has been absolutely fecking shocking lately, thank feck we've finally managed a result.

Withnail

Played worse than the last few games, but actually won this one... go figure
Scored two goals and a clean sheet and were awful

Take the win, but there are some serious issues at this club.

Need some midfielders and we needed them yesterday. Mcfred isn't even championship level.
They were both so bad. Did feck all with the ball.

Alemar

Why did Bruno decide to shoot into an empty net from 7 meters off the post? It’s good he scored, but could be easier to shoot some 1 meter closer to the center of the goal, for reliability sake

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well it wasn't pretty, but at least we go the job done. I'll take that after recent weeks.

It needs to be a hell of a lot better though that's for sure.

Dan_F

Andy Cole just looked gutted to find out Ronaldo had overtaken his PL goals for United.

RedIan

Rubs eyes in dis-believe, a clean sheet. 2nd half tactics sorted, play against 10 men…

first half absolutely woeful effort. No one running, no one pressing.
just jogging and hoping for a break. Brighton unlucky not to be ahead at half time. Fred shockingly bad,. Maguire not far behind.

2nd half ralf must have had the hair dryer out. Looked better and A Great and long over due goal from Ronaldo..
we still made hard work of it against 10 men…
Rashford was really poor.
Bruno decent but gave CR7 motm .. just

But we won. phew, well done.. I think.

always_hoping

Win and a rare clean sheet the performance a mixed bag although Brighton are a tough team to play against and lost just once away this season and drew in Anfield and Stamford Bridge.

United was still wasteful with chances created with Ronaldo, Bruno and Sancho missing good goal scoring opportunities. Could have been a more comfortable win if any of those chances was taken.

The 1st half commentary i watched plus the analysis at the break was dominated by the lack of pressing from United. Then 2nd half the opening goal and sending off came from United pressing forcing Brighton into to errors but little credit from commentary team and lads in the studio afterwards. Go figure.

On to dirty Leeds next.

NZT-One

At this point, United is actually pulling the fun out of it. I know I should be happy about the result but it feels so bad. I always think there is some sort of balance and if you are playing well, you will earn something. But today showed, that it doesn't. We were outplayed by Brighton in the 1st half, scored somewhat unexpectedly and then go a man up. And not even then Brighton stops to look more courageous and comfortable on the ball...

Don't know about some around here but to me, there hasn't been any progress in the last 2-3 matches. Today could've been a typical Ole game and the awful coaching thread would bounce from "great result" to "only a moment of brilliance".

Fair play to Brighton, keep doing what you do.

SirScholes

midfield still a concern.

Glazers don't give a feck though.
Ole was given a war chest and he spunked 50mil on a right back that can’t play football
Doubt they don’t care, probably just worried about dropping another 400 million pounds on shite

90 + 5min

Lucky but finally little bit luck. Important.

I'm feed up with Rashford discipline. Nowhere when defending. nowhere when attacking. Just all over the place. He needs to get his problems fixed because something isn't right with him and havn't been now for 2-3 years. Need to get back to earth and work better.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I'll be genuinely shocked if we get into the top 4 after 38 games. Given how inconsistent Spurs and Arsenal are, anything is possible I guess.

SirScholes

we are a "pressing team" and we played a team with 10 men at home for 35 mins and basically rode our luck sat back trying to nick a goal at the end with a counter attack :lol:
We’ve had some shit results recently
That’s going to happen when nerves combine with lack of confidence

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What we deserved after a few matches with luck not going our way. The finish from Ronaldo was superb and it was from our good pressing that the red came about. I think the ref could’ve seen it either way tbh so finally a VAR call went in our favour.

Same old mistakes and sloppiness after that but a wonderful dummy by Fernandes to finish it. Fooled the defender and the keeper :lol:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It was a depressing performance, reminiscent of the nothingness of Oleball. You can only hope that the three points and Ronaldo ending his drought will help the team get out of this rotten patch.

RomfordRed75

Rancid first half, much better second half but we need to take our chances. Such a weird team, we could have scored 4 tonight if the finishing was better but played pretty poorly overall.
On a side note Pogba was fantastic when he came on.

dave2528

For all of the complaining, United actually played quite well and created lots of chances. Finishing needs working on.
We won zero tackles in the first half and Brighton nearly leveled it up with 10 men at one point.

We were dire save a moment of brilliance from Ronaldo during Brighton's 5 minute spell of impersonating us.

Gordon S

I do not think i will see a competent midfield for Manchester United again in my lifetime. Just so so poor. Yet again.

The confidence levels of our players are incredibly low. We are defending a 1 goal lead against a 10 men Brighton at home and it feels like the game is wide open til the end. Players look scared of making a costly mistake most of the time.

We managed a win though and that is what matters.

Chief123

For all of the complaining, United actually played quite well and created lots of chances. Finishing needs working on.
Same could be said for Brighton. They had the more bigger chances than us.

It’s basically a game where we didn’t get punished for further shite defending.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Dire 1st half and I don't think anyone can really disagree. Flat, hopeless and ,illustrative of the clubs current plight, gloomy.
But the 2nd half, helped with the sending off, was far more positive. Quicker passing, more intent regarding getting the ball back and a few individual displays showing some much needed promise.

Something to build on.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The first half performance was a fecking disgrace. 0 tackles in the entire half. So passive. Mctominay tackled someone within 40 seconds of the restart so clearly words were had but if we play like that against Leeds at the weekend we’ll get pummelled. We are also absolutely pathetic at scoring goals when we’re on top - not just the misses but the number of times we chose the wrong option second half and gave the ball away was almost as infuriating as the first. Very lucky to escape welbeck missing.

OT1214

Reverse game plan worked!! Energy conservation in the first half and pressing in the second!! :keano:Jokes apart, we needed this victory. Hopefully we kick on from here. Ronaldo and Bruno got their much needed goals.

SirScholes

Same could be said for Brighton. They had the more bigger chances than us.

It’s basically a game where we didn’t get punished for further shite defending.
Nah Ronaldo missed two sitters and Bruno missed a sitter

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
First half was dreadful. We ended up creating a few chances but the red card made things easy for us. Happy with the result.

Chief123

Brighton played nearly a full half with one man less and they still had more passes in the whole game than us. It just shows our current inability to control or hold on to the ball.

Ranchero

We won zero tackles in the first half and Brighton nearly leveled it up with 10 men at one point.

We were dire save a moment of brilliance from Ronaldo during Brighton's 5 minute spell of impersonating us.
Realistic view. Brighton didn't deserve to lose. We got lucky again

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Dire 1st half and I don't think anyone can really disagree. Flat, hopeless and ,illustrative of the clubs current plight, gloomy.
But the 2nd half, helped with the sending off, was far more positive. Quicker passing, more intent regarding getting the ball back and a few individual displays showing some much needed promise.

Something to build on.
I hope so. It was very unconvincing but we need to build our confidence from somewhere.

Ronaldo's finish was superb, hopefully he's got that monkey off his back and can start showing the rest of the squad how it's done. Even playing as badly as we have done recently we should still have won games given how many good chances we've made, maybe we take a few more and put some wins together to bolster our fragile state.

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 206 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 1:1 Brighton
  • 17% Man Utd 2:1 Brighton