LC L League Cup Quarter-Final

Bristol City 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 20 December 2017

RedDevil@84

I seriously hope people here don't start over-reacting. Its embarrassing. We played our B-team away against Bristol City, a decent Championship team, probably the biggest game for them in half a century. These types of teams beat the big clubs every season.
We played a strange team, not necessarily a B team tbh. The players were more than capable of defeating Bristol City.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That's the treble dream over.

Blessing in disguise, we can concentrate on the more important trophies. To the double thread!
What important trophies? Errrr. PL has gone, Forget the Champions League, Seville will beat us, and if we draw a decent side in the FA cup we’re toast
Oh I forgot, we’ll win some summer tour cup, that counts:rolleyes:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Hope Jose rips into the players, most of them were in a fecking pedestrian mode tonight, thinking they can take 2-3 players on their own. Rashford, Martial, Miki when he came on, all shit. Pogba carrying the ball and losing it constantly, Blind was a joke, McTominay invisible, Ibra at least scored. Shaw, Lukaku and Lindelof to come out of this match with any credit.
Been hoping for that since he got here. Namely, last year in Europa League. It's not happening or worse it falls on deaf ears. So.. :(

Djemba-Djemba

Sloppy all night.

Just a really shit performance all over.

I hope Rashford gets an absolute bollocking after that "flick" in injury time. What the feck was he thinking?

I don't want to see Darmian play for Utd anymore. He's fecking rubbish.

bleedred

Real shock ending, but strangely relaxed about it.

Probably because a 2 leg v Arsenal, Chelsea or City, and then a final against another of them would have been a painful slog that'd probably derail us completely.
From what???... The league is gone. Performances in the cup matter. Just dont buy this attitude of not wanting to win a trophy.

Flying_Heckfish

Rashford should have passed it, Pogba should have had a better touch. Two great chances blown.

But we should be able to create many more chances anyway. They wanted it more and deserved the win.

AXVnee7

Can’t even say it’s only the league cup since I spent lots of time defending us winning it last season :lol::(

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
That was pretty incredible. Bristol scored two from open play, United needed a free kick for their one.

I've found my team to root for in the league cup, that's for sure :lol:

King Eric 7

I'm trying hard to care about this loss, but I don't, really. Saying that, I care more about the rubbish performance. There are still three top 6 teams in it so it was always going to be more difficult to win it this time around even if we got through.

Congrats to Bristol City, they deserve the win and it will be fantastic for them to progress.

yamo123x

Lost total faith in this team, we have no backbone and are always carrying players. I'm a hugely passionate fan of this club but mourinho is losing me the more time goes on.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Absolute fecking shit. Not good enough and heads should roll - with the players.

I'm tired of feeling like this watching United, and I support José.

I hope he absolutely wipes the fecking floor with them. I'm furious, so I can only imagine how he feels.

He gave opportunities to McTominay, to Mkhi, to Darmian, to Rashford and Martial and this is what he gets back...?

fecking dogshit, this has pissed me off more than the citeh loss. In fact it's pissed me off more than any loss in a long while.

I just hope he wipes the fecking floor with them - time to start shifting out deadwood THIS JANUARY.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Jesse likes to score cup goals. He should have played.

Blind, Darmian, and Mhkitaryan should be gone in January.
Not sure why the latter is mentioned tonight, he had a good run out.

Blind, Darmian and probably Shaw need moving on. Not in January necessarily though

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
We looked alright, they were really lucky.

Martial and Rashford didn't do enough.

Hopefully this cup is the least important.

Move on!
I wouldn't say they were lucky, I think this was their cup-final, whereas some of our players didn't really look bothered.

I think Bristol City deserve the win.

AshRK

Can the players wages be deducted. They all were disgraceful. Overreaction or not they all were god awful today. And the biggest joker of the lot Romero, lying down in 90th minute and then kicks like a stupid idiot.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Poor performance but I do not really care. two or three less games to worry about.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
For me Rashford has regressed, his touch isn't good enough and it seems all he os good at is shoot from distance.

leontas

The kids would’ve shown more passion than this.

Disgraceful performances all round. Not sure which player can take much credit from their performance. Maybe Shaw? Otherwise terrible. Special mention to Darmian who can’t defend, attack or play football, and Rashford and Martial who can’t make a good decision to save their life.

Fully Fledged

What was that?

The best team won. The only team that had a game plan won easily. It wasn't about commitment it was about having no clue.

James Peril

Real shock ending, but strangely relaxed about it.

Probably because a 2 leg v Arsenal, Chelsea or City, and then a final against another of them would have been a painful slog that'd probably derail us completely.
So by that we should just field the reserves in the CL then? Since we’re bound to do doubles against the best teams eventually? Defeatist mentality, this was the cup we stood the greatest chance of winning - trophies are hard to come by and we won this last season (and bragged about it).

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Just terrible. Our attack is fecking horrible.

Martial and Rashford look amazing one week, then look mediocre the next. There's no consistency.

Mkhitaryan is shit

Lukaku...don't even know what to say about him. Just totally underwhelming.

Our only goal was scored by a fecking 36 year old.

Our general attacking play is pathetic. We can barely make 3 passes without losing possession.

Our main creative outlet is Pogba.

Jose needs to get his act together and sort this attack out. We've had the same problems for years now.
1. Played for like 20 minutes, didn't look too shabby at all.
2. He was one of the few who showed some determination and actually tried some pops at goal, almost scoring a couple of times were it not for great saves.
3. Yes...and...?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
We're never winning a league title while Martial and Rashford are starting, as harsh as that sounds. Just far too inconsistent and don't deliver enough. Compare them to Sane and Sterling who are on the wings at City, they rarely have 2-3 bad games in a short spell. Our two have them on a regular basis.
This. This a thousand times.

Rashford cannot cross past the first man. His touch is poor and he loses the ball.

Martial can be sold for all I care. Doesn't offer anything. His performance tonight was horrific.

BulgarianDevil91

Positive side of the end result is we didn't have to play 30 more minutes. All in all, that's what a poor attitude and no desire bring to the table.

Natener

Our players, especially the attacking ones, forgot they have teammates on the pitch and just wanted to take on the entire Bristol team on their own. How have we not learned our lesson from the Huddersfield game?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We can't say a result like this hasn't been coming with recent performances.

As usual we struggle to pass the ball as soon as we get in the opposition half.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
From what???... The league is gone. Performances in the cup matter. Just dont buy this attitude of not wanting to win a trophy.
We'd probably not have got through the 3 games after this is what i'm saying.

We've beaten only Arsenal, so nothing to think we'd suddenly beat the others. And they'd be dire slog fests.

Progress is maintaining 2nd, and a good run in the other cups.

Brophs

The One and Only
Now we can really focus on our battle for the second place trophy.

iportman

It's Curabao Cup. Who gives a feck. 3 games less in crowded schedule.
It's not the result it's what it shows about utd and the type of player now at the club .RashFord is a squad player at best .pogba is a luxury item and needs real workers around him .Damien ,blind , and shaw are not good enough and need to be sold quickly

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I know it's only the league cup but with the League over there's not much left for us to win. Would have been good to get this cup again. Now all we realistically can go for is the FA Cup...

PieCrust

United is a squad full of average players that honestly, just aren't good enough. Having a few of those guys is essential and expected, but our squad is mainly comprised of players that have no business being here as a result of the terrible mangement appointments since SAF left.

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
Really poor performance today. Only Shaw and the CBs did quite okay, the rest of the team was far below their normal form. With Lukaku and Mhiki coming on, the game clearly changed and you could create a few chances, but then in your best period of the game they scored again. Maybe undeserved at this point of the game, but after the first 60 minutes I think Utd deserved to go out today at least a little bit.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 335 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bristol win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Bristol 0:3 Man Utd
  • 27% Bristol 0:2 Man Utd