LC L League Cup Quarter-Final

Bristol City 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 20 December 2017

Ludens the Red

Predictable loss, we know this team lacks character and tonight was just one of those nights you literally have to be fecking men about it and unsuprisingly we weren't. Thought Shaw did himself no harm, Rojo, Darmian, Mkhitaryian, Lindelof, Zlatan were all shite.

redom

My stream crashed about a minute before they scored, suppose I should be thankful for small mercies. Really sloppy all over tonight, looked like we didn't have the right attitude for the game and got punished by a team that did, very poor.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I just popped out to the co op in Kingsdown which is the best part of 2 miles away from the stadium and heard that winner go in. I ain’t even mad. Rather that than a another fixture.

Well done City.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Disgraceful.

And I'm not one to criticize our own team, i usually stick up for us no matter what but I'm beginning to lose my patience with this now.

It was like we set out to lose.

Kapardin

It won't hurt us, considering we won it last season and such results are a one-off.

Credit to Bristol City, hope they can upset one of the big guns in the semis. I wouldn't be too worried about this, our defense is usually solid on other occasions and Mourinho has a history of occasionally slipping up to lesser teams in the cups.

Ibra scoring was a positive, he should gain some confidence from that. Focus on the FA Cup and QF of CL, as well as cementing 2nd spot, that should be just about a decent return for the season.

Krits

Better team won. Entire team other than Shaw played crap. Lukaku was at least dangerous while he was on.

Time to sleep.

dmode

We looked alright, they were really lucky.

Martial and Rashford didn't do enough.

Hopefully this cup is the least important.

Move on!

James Peril

Thank feck for that. Just can't be assed with this tournament, especially not when priorities have changed.

Well done, Bristol City.
This is the tournament we stand the greatest chance of winning, so don’t really follow you. Priorities have changed? The FA Cup you mean? Because we sure as shit won’t win the CL or the Premier League this season.

BenjaminP

It's a blessing in disguise.

No feck that. City are scoring five six goals for fun, and we can't even beat a Championship side.
Too many average players on our squad. Embarrassing. Pathetic.

bdspeedy

Oh no. We've lost the milk cup. Could see it coming from a mile away. Less embarrassing than the MK Dons loss at least.
We had a full strength side in this one though. I'm a little concerned about Romero. De Gea would have stopped at least one of their goals.

Silverman

Awful performance. Never good to get knocked out of the cup but the only positive is that it means less fixtures later in the season I suppose.

MrSingh2002

Rashford was dogshit today. Should've been off for Mata. This ones on Jose for getting tactically beaten by a young manager from the championship.

Zoo

Seriously what is Jose doing? We are outworked by most opponents and only ever play in moments.

GeorgieBoy

I seriously hope people here don't start over-reacting. Its embarrassing. We played our B-team away against Bristol City, a decent Championship team, probably the biggest game for them in half a century. These types of teams beat the big clubs every season.

Reactions: Invictus

Mister_Stubbs

Another embarrassing evening for the club, those players should be ashamed of themselves.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Rashford and Martial's second half performance was embarrassing, strutting around like they've made it

Not that arsed though as with Chelsea and City still in the competition I'd rather loose tonight than against either of them

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Terrible performance against a very very average team. Both goals came from Darmians side and LVG still moans about he was treated by the club that decision alone deserved the sack.

We have wasted one hell of a lot of money and had too many years of
Watch his ‘perfolance’ again. Utter garbage.

MonkeysMagic

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a PL side play as poorly around the pen box as Utd, we are utterly hopeless of creating chances let alone taking them.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Whole team was rubbish but seriously anyone who rates Martial needs to get themselves down to Specsavers.

A performance like that tonight was an absolute disgrace. A disgrace.

McTominay is a complete nothing player, if that's the cream of the crop from the academy we are in big trouble going forward.

Shameful team performance.

peridigm

Jesse likes to score cup goals. He should have played.

Blind, Darmian, and Mhkitaryan should be gone in January.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Real shock ending, but strangely relaxed about it.

Probably because a 2 leg v Arsenal, Chelsea or City, and then a final against another of them would have been a painful slog that'd probably derail us completely.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Awful performance. And how many great openings did we spurn? FFS

Mister_Stubbs

I seriously hope people here don't start over-reacting. Its embarrassing. We played our B-team away against Bristol City, a decent Championship team, probably the biggest game for them in half a century. These types of teams beats the big clubs every season.
A team that has the likes of Ibra, Pogba, Martial, Rashford can’t be considered a B team.. stop that nonsense straight away.

AndyJ1985

Just terrible. Our attack is fecking horrible.

Martial and Rashford look amazing one week, then look mediocre the next. There's no consistency.

Mkhitaryan is shit

Lukaku...don't even know what to say about him. Just totally underwhelming.

Our only goal was scored by a fecking 36 year old.

Our general attacking play is pathetic. We can barely make 3 passes without losing possession.

Our main creative outlet is Pogba.

Jose needs to get his act together and sort this attack out. We've had the same problems for years now.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Oh no, we don't get to play two semi finals in an already hectic schedule.

Can't say I'm bothered. Let Chelsea, City and Arsenal duke it out, we can focus on other things.
This at a macro level, but the 'coaching' tonight was god awful. Shaw had no idea when to go forward and when not to, and Darmian was out of frame most of the time the ball went to the right.

When Lukaku came on, there was a point where all 3 of the strikers were with 2 feet of each other.

For all of Jose's reputation as a tactical mastermind, I have no idea whatsoever we were trying to do tonight.

IRELANDUNITED

We created more than enough chances to win it comfortably, the two half chances they got they took. Not overly bothered about this competition tbh and I don't think Mourinho will be either, it would have been nice to get to the semis especially with the other 3 big clubs getting there but we've far more important things to concern ourselves with. Clear out needed in the summer too.

Litch

Whilst I can accept some things, that loss hurts. I can't believe our the lack of quality of this team. Honestly we have players that cannot even do the bloody basics.

Tribec

Zlatan and Shaw got some more minutes under the belts, erm..... Trying to think of anything else positive from that is quite difficult. I'm not sure if it was a lazy performance or Bristol stepped up big style, and that's not to say they didn't deserve that.

Martial needs to learn that he can't take the whole team on every time he runs, it's infuriating as hell the amount of times he runs into a dead end, rather than passing.

Don't think many of that team will get beyond 5 or 6 in the ratings scores tonight

Tony Scarth

Shocking performance ..very slow.. lethargic ..can't pass .. can't attack... boring to watch .. they deserve the win .. they didn't roll over so much fitter and wanted it more

Mal donaghy

I feel we are too gung ho !! Maybe if we played four DM it would help the defence out!! Things must change .

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
The positive is it's taken away a Jose excuse for a good season if the Carabao Cup was the only trophy we could of got this season.

Let's be honest Prem is done, CL would take a miracle to win. Only real chance left is FA Cup and I'd rather that than this.

PieCrust

So much shite. Romero shit. Blind shit. Rashford and Martial shit.

Full marks to Bristol though. Fully deserved.

It's still just the league cup, so whatever. But this United squad has so many average players it's ridiculous. They clearly couldn't be bothered to show up for the match.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 335 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bristol win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Bristol 0:3 Man Utd
  • 27% Bristol 0:2 Man Utd