PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 January 2018

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Guys could you be kind and post Jose's post match interview here, when it's up on the internet. Can never find a good website to watch it.

Or at least a transcript.

Thank you.

Youngie

One of the most infuriating attacking displays I can remember (probably since Saints at home)
Some of the decision making with final balls often (2 on 1) leads me to believe they should be fecking fined!!
[And Breathe]
All's Well that Ends Well I suppose, so can't moan.:devil:

Member 5225

Quite simply, 3pts - that'd do!

Pogba decision-making a bit annoying at times tbh.

Alemar

Actually, there were 4 (and not 3) players playing well today. Nothing to say against De Gea. A clean sheet is a clean sheet

Yagami

Good post resistant
Did Rashford do anything right during his short cameo?
Tracked all the way back to RB and cleared the ball from a counter attack. Held the ball up a bit to waste time. That's about it. Made a daft decision or two but it was a tough game to come on to.

Ban

Tuff away game, got the job done. Important 3 points. Should be more clinical in the final 3rd. Alexis will fix some of it. :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good win at a place that's been difficult this season.

Some strange decision making when we had 2v1 and even 3v1 on that Pogba run!
Rashford consistently picking the wrong option too

Even Fellaini tried a ridiculous back heeler gone 90mins, just because another player got away with one.

Gazza

Hope Dean is held accountable for those 5 (+1) minutes. This is bizarre. There were 3 minutes tops of injury time to be added. I hope Mourinho demands an explanation for that.
Yeah, this was genuinely maddening. No idea how so much time was added on. I don't recall a single injury or moment of time-wasting.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This could end easily 3:0 win for United without a sweat in the 2nd half but almost turned into borderline comedy with depressing ending.

Mick1

Dear me when Pogba is not up for it, he can play really bad. Occasional bad games can be forgiven.

Rashford absolutely diabolical yet again, worst player for me. Really needs to be taken off the team for a good month. Mata runs a close second.

Martial started poorly, but did what he had to do and after getting his goal, became the best attacker on show. Was it not for Pogba's brainfart and Rashford messing up, could've had a couple.

Jones, best player on the field, best defender at the club imo

cyberman

Can't believe anyone would be content watching that for the next 4 years.
Beautiful agenda insertion my friend. We haven't even seen that in the last few weeks never mind four years but keep banging that drum

hn4manunited

You can just tell that Mata is quickly showing how he is a step behind everyone else on the pitch. There are some position in certain setup that can help him to look and play better but in this current setup, it’s too much for him.

I feel that Jose is starting him to bring some experience and decision making maturity into the mix of young players. Everyone always ask for young players to play but the immaturity can hurt us if we don’t mix in with some maturity.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
We won. We got three points. I love that

Do not think we played all that well. Too slow on too many passes. Wasted several attacks in the 2nd when we had numbers and space and could not get a shot off or at least not a shot on goal.

Jones was great today. Lukaku and martial were outstanding on the goal.

Still feeling a bit lucky to get all the points.

sully1

Dear me when Pogba is not up for it, he can play really bad. Occasional bad games can be forgiven.

Rashford absolutely diabolical yet again, worst player for me. Really needs to be taken off the team for a good month. Mata runs a close second.

Martial started poorly, but did what he had to do and after getting his goal, became the best attacker on show. Was it not for Pogba's brainfart and Rashford messing up, could've had a couple.

Jones, best player on the field, best defender at the club imo
Rashford came on in the 82nd minute. what are you going on about :confused::confused:

Van Allens Belt

Puh, nerve wrecking last ten minutes. Great result in the end. Happy to see us grind out results in these kind of away games, just like the golden years.
To bad that we couldn't make the counter attacks count in the second half. Regarding decision making these players have a long way to go.

Putting pressure on city now, that's all we can do really.

RooneyLegend

Beautiful agenda insertion my friend. We haven't even seen that in the last few weeks never mind four years but keep banging that drum
If you want to delude yourself into believe we play great football good for you, however some of us can see the woods from the trees. Also what agenda is that? is me trying to enjoy watching the team i support play quality ball a sin or something?

redshaw

Tough fixture so glad to get the three points

We could've made this a lot easier if Pogba and Rashford looked up to see their fellow players unmarked in the box. Maybe the grey kit didn't help in being aware immediately.

Red, Black or White kit before the grey pyjamas next time. It blended with light blue sides and shorts of Burnley and is just not distinctive when looking out the corner of your eye. Also makes watching in the mist, haze and fog difficult.

Feck, lets even have bright yellow kit or green and yellow Newton Heath for when red black white doesn't work.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
3 points, good goal, otherwise meh.
Maybe our goal creation/scoring will improve when Alexis arrives....

TrueRed79

Are we the most wasteful team in the PL? Lukaku is getting awful service from wide and MF. Plenty of chances to play him in today and each and every time we made the wrong decision. Pogba had another forgetful game. Obviously delighted with the 3 points, but that team would drive you up the wall at times.

automaticflare

Just our worst performance in a couple of weeks. Even the draws we played better than this.

But as a few have already said our decision making in final third was terrible today. Always unsure and looking to take an extra touch.

Martial in first half tried to pass when should have shot.
Pogba in second half should have passed and tried to shoot.
Rashford should have passed in to lukaku in last minute or two and took too many touches.

Those are 3 clear chances that we should have done better with, even if we don’t score all of them with better decision making and quicker pass we at least get a clear chance for each and confident we score at least 1 of the 3 which makes things much more comfortable.

That said happy with 3 points in a tough away game.

Referee was absolute pony aswell.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Tough fixture so glad to get the three points

We could've made this a lot easier if Pogba and Rashford looked up to see their fellow players unmarked in the box. Maybe the grey kit didn't help in being aware immediately.

Red, Black or White kit before the grey pyjamas next time. It blended with light blue sides and shorts of Burnley and is just not distinctive when looking out the corner of your eye. Also makes watching in the mist, haze and fog difficult.

Feck, lets even have bright yellow kit or green and yellow Newton Heath for when red black white doesn't work.
Agree 100% about the grey kit.Its horrible.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
More nervous than it should have been.
Not enough movement and poor decision making made it harder.
Glad with the three points though, great strike from Martial.

Jones very good, Pogba good first half but poor in the second half. Fellaini solid when he came on. Rashford still looks way short of confidence. Mata too quiet and Messy invisible.

mav_9me

I actually thought performance was half decent particularly in 2nd half in a tough way game. They didn't really get a sniff except the last minute defending by smalling on that cross. Should have been a comfortable 2-0. Horrendous final 3rd decision making.

The way the game went reinforced my initial thought that we should have played a midfield 3.

cyberman

If you want to delude yourself into believe we play great football good for you, however some of us can see the woods from the trees.
Did I say any of that? It's you pretending today was the norm, I didn't make a comment about how well we play.
Have a ball buddy. Maybe City can win well v Newcastle and you can really get stuck in.

RooneyLegend

Did I say any of that? It's you pretending today was the norm, I didn't make a comment about how well we play.
Have a ball buddy. Maybe City can win well v Newcastle and you can really get stuck in.
Have you not been watching us play all season? As i say if you think we play entertaining stuff then good for you, some of us don't.

Mick1

Rashford came on in the 82nd minute. what are you going on about :confused::confused:
ANd played a rubbish 10 minutes. Literally could not do anything right. Love the lad, but he's been off form for a while and needs time off the limelight. The pass he screwed up was unbelievably poor

kotha

3 points!! That game felt like we were playing in slow motion.. Happy with the win,Mike Dean seemed to let Burney have as amny shots as they wanted even after the 5 mins were up..

Phil Jones was fantastic.. The number of times his positioning helped covered Matic's misses today were unbelievable..

Mata showed his lack of speed today,can't wait to have Sanchez in..

We know Mourinho doesn't like to do attacking drills and let's the players be themselves.. But after some of our passing choices today,maybe some drills in the final third might be helpful..

Siorac

Nice goal. That's about it though, let's just forget the rest.

Our players have a bit of a tendency to ignore teammates who are in a better position. Pogba and Rashford both had opportunities to play in Martial who was in acres of space and either ignored him or Rashford fecked up the pass once in spectacular fashion.

But hey, three points.

Man of the Match

Phil Jones image Phil Jones 46% of 776 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 484 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win