PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 28 December 2019

OldPop

Is it too early to believe that Ole now has a plan B, or is it just the players who have learned that you can't relax after taking the lead? Well fought by everyone today, didn't think we would keep a clean sheet so it became unnecessarily exciting at the end.

Ban

Is it too early to believe that Ole now has a plan B, or is it just the players who have learned that you can't relax after taking the lead? Well fought by everyone today, didn't think we would keep a clean sheet so it became unnecessarily exciting at the end.
Do you really think players are playing on their own?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Very controlled performance, a sentence we don't get to use often. Bad night for the Caf boo boys. Matic set the tone tonight, calm and assured throughout. Amazed at some of the pre match negativity regarding Williams but thought he was superb. Fred and Perreira really excellent too. Squads are important and Ole is doing a good job of creating one where everyone can play their part.

Skip to my Lou

Great game, well executed! But Mike Dean really should not be allowed to ref anymore. That yellow on Williams, what in the flying feck was that?

Michael T

If he is actually off do you think we will get our midfield reinforcements in early? No less than 3 players in case Pogba leaves.

As far as today was concerned I can only say that we should have killed off the game despite the referee and his attempts to sabotage us. Matic for all the flak he gets was actually quite okay, but then again Burnley were so poor probably that's the reason why. Perreira was energetic and came up with the golden pass. Fred again was good.
It would be nice to see us take a punt on Grealish and Haaland in January; that would strengthen us, especially in games like this, whatever happens with Pogba. It's a pity Eriksson doesn't want to buy in.

Last edited:

Fitchett

A really good win against a pub team of thugs. Mike Dean was an absolute disgrace, should be demoted after that, but of course he won't be. Our lads were brilliant for a deserved win. Big shouts for Williams and the bravery of James. The win was despite it being 10 v 12 when the pointless Lingard came on.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Considering his clearly demonstrated aversion to using technology - where the feck was VAR tonight? -, it will probably be memoirs written on parchment with a quill.
VAR was Oliver, younger than Dean but judging by his refereeing, he'll release a whole box-set at the end of his career.

On a more serious note, it always pisses me off when defenders get away with murder simply because the ball is just a few yards behind what constitutes the "danger zone" outside the box.

James would have been able to get in front of the keeper, had he not been cynically brought down by the centre-halve. That's a freaking clear-cut chance there. For me, this is the epitome of a red card for denying a goal-scoring opportunity.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
A really good win against a pub team of thugs. Mike Dean was an absolute disgrace, should be demoted after that, but of course he won't be. Our lads were brilliant for a deserved win. Big shouts for Williams and the bravery of James. The win was despite it being 10 v 12 when the pointless Lingard came on.
Well yes, of course he won’t be. Mainly because it’s an absolutely absurd overreaction.

dev1l

In Tomorrow papers former refs will be asked about the major incidents and they will confirm that Dean is perfect.

BestRed

Top away performance & very important 3 points tonight, come on lads!

boxykronikle

Inept Dean. Burnley shouldn't end the match with 11 players. And that card on Williams.

Great defending and at times poor decision making from the front 3. Should improve on that and we are really going to be frightening.

edcunited1878

Despite many positive posts about him today, I honestly didn't like the performance of Young. He didn't contribute at all in attack.

Rather than that, all starters had a good game (even Matic, yes), but Lingard cameo was once again a very poor one.

William MotM for me, followed very closely by Fred. Martial, James and Pereira also impressed.
Young had a very good game and played many balls through the lines to Tony, Pereria and James in the right channel that alleviated pressure. He was tough as nails at the back and stood up to Burnley as did all of his backline mates.

MrBest

That was Andreas best game in a United shirt, not amazing but a mature performance. Fred was great as he has been for a while, Williams surely must be knocking on shaw's door. Martial lead the line well, Rashford was not amazing but didn't put a foot wrong, very professional. Matic was actually very useful today, added a bit of calmness to our play. Burnley away is a tough place so very good result from the lads. Even better was the clean sheet, no seen one of them in a while.

Reddevildans

We played well against an average one dimensional team. Fair enough they dont have the resources that other clubs have but atleast other clubs play decent football and dont resort to archaic football tactics. I thought matic was great today. William's was the MOTM and martial and rashford keep thier form up in front of goal. A clean sheet with a win was the best result we could have asked for.

Reiver

Thought this was one of the best all round team performances in a while. This is from someone in the Ole Out camp btw.
Thought Fred and James were excellent. Good effort to get the clean sheet too and about time.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Daniel James is now 4th in the Premier League in goal assists with 6 assists on the season.

I saw someone call him a garbage signing only yesterday.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
A very deserved win and for me our most impressive as these are the sort of teams we have constantly struggled against. Burnley are a bunch of f****** thugs. Really hope they go on a major downward spiral and get relegated. Mike Dean was an incompetent a****** as usual. Williams MOTM with Fred also having yet again another impressive performance.
You're really f****** angry.

Gerald G

Good controlled performance for most of the match. We defended excellently and Williams was outstanding. Matic and Fred were great in the middle - a controlled performance from both. James was a bit poor for the first 50 mins but improved and put in a warrior-like performance.

Martial now in double figures despite missing two months so far. Hopefully we can carry this on into the Arsenal match

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Rubbish game but I thought we were comfortable.

The biggest threat to us winning was Mike Dean. Absolute joke of a ref.

Jonno

Ole is desperate for him to be the first choice though.
Is he? United tried to sign a world class number 10, he’s also tried Pereira and Pogba there. I don’t really understand what you want Ole to do. Sign an inferior player just for the sake of it and pay for it 2-3 years down the line? Or wait for someone like Maddison or whoever they go for in 6-12-18 months time that can play there for the next 5-10 years.

He can only play the players he has. Patience.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Any explanation for why AWB didn't play and Greenwood wasn't brought in even as a substitute? When James went down in apparent pain, I thought Greenwood was definitely going to come in, but instead Pereira was replaced with Lingard.

In retrospect, Martial's goal was assisted by James, so - no complains about keeping him, but strange why AWB and Mason were not given a chance, despite being on the bench, and supposedly in form.

freddie the red

Understudies all did well, Fredge benefitting from a good run in the side, Williams excellent and should now be first choice at LB. Not a fan of Andreas but good hustling and a peach of a pass for Anthony's goal. If I ever see Lingard in a red shirt again it'll be too soon.....never been a PL player and never will be. Simply not good enough and his stats are atrocious.
James gave a finger to the hatchet boys with his last minute assist to Rashy's "half Cruyff" (as described by Hargreaves on comms), brilliant stuff!
Unnecessary edge of the seat stuff as the game drew to a close but to counter and sucker punch them at the death was very satisfying.
Up the Arse......right up 'em

Player Ratings

6.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 380 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Burnley 1:2 Man Utd