PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:2 Burnley

Post-match discussion

Wed, 22 January 2020

OleTheGreat

I don't know what the issue is at this club. I mean the way we play games is starting to get on my nerve. We have zero urgency to get from our end of the pitch to theirs. I mean boy! Get a move on already. These players are either not motivated enough or they aren't worth playing at the top end of the league. That was so lethargic! A manager can go ask a team to just be a disgrace and i think that team will still go put a shift in but this squad has unbelievably bad players that it makes me so nauseous. WOW! what a huge job Ole has on his hands. I feel bad for him but i don't think he has everything that it takes to make players play for him. A small reminder for those who feel Ole has nothing to do with this because of the injuries, check out some of the teams SAF has put out in the league during his reign and also check out how they have done in those matches. You think SAF hasn't come across situations where injuries plagued and he had to manage a lot more than he wanted to?

For example, look at this team that beat Arsenal 8-2
Substitutes
Can you believe we played 2 of the guys from that team? Can you believe this team apart from Rooney, Nani and Evra is a better team than the one we sent out against Burnley? Where is this club heading? Look at those substitutes though. We literally don't have players in the team that can fight, let alone a worthy sub. We have a lot of work to do and Ole's attitude has got to change as well!

Last edited:

BigLebowski007

But he lost 0-3 to Stoke City in 2015 -so he can't be good enough.
My opinion is not based on a single game. And I do know he has key players injured. But we are failing at such basic things that it's ridiculous. Maybe he is even saying the correct things to the players. But if he can't get the message through it's just as bad as if he is saying the wrong things.

Bristol_Red_87

Anyone know what was chanted at Woody that the tabloids took such exception to, without being able to print?

As for the football, although this isn't rock bottom, it feels like it. OGS comments after reminded me of Moyes before his tenure was cut short. In fact, his whole demeanor does.

This is until we scrape past Tranmere on Sunday and then it'll be all smiles and positive forces. I mean, how could he come out and say how pleased he's been with the players efforts up until last night. Surely even the players must be chuckling to themselves hearing that?

The majority of the players and Woody/Glazer family deserve each other as far as I'm concerned. But none of them deserve the club, or at least what used to be Manchester United. We've been drained dry and now, there's just skin and bones.

As for Ole, walk away. Its not the club you once loved.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Poch? The same that left Espanyol in 20th place?
The same Fergie that was awful at United for the first five years or so?

Such nonsense logic, you can always pick out a bad moment.

What about Poch’s body of work that Frodo could only dream of, are we just going to disregard that?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Can you believe we've spent around £800m on players, where are they now?
And add to that highly inflated wages.
Clearly in terms of value it is an inescapable fact that the club is not being run anything like efficiently enough.

And until there is a proper assessment of the whole structure and necessary changes are made, we will continue to languish.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Anyone know what was chanted at Woody that the tabloids took such exception to, without being able to print?

As for the football, although this isn't rock bottom, it feels like it. OGS comments after reminded me of Moyes before his tenure was cut short. In fact, his whole demeanor does.

This is until we scrape past Tranmere on Sunday and then it'll be all smiles and positive forces. I mean, how could he come out and say how pleased he's been with the players efforts up until last night. Surely even the players must be chuckling to themselves hearing that?

The majority of the players and Woody/Glazer family deserve each other as far as I'm concerned. But none of them deserve the club, or at least what used to be Manchester United. We've been drained dry and now, there's just skin and bones.

As for Ole, walk away. Its not the club you once loved.
Another Bristol based United fan. Welcome my friend.
My understanding is that the chanting included wording about killing Woodward or wanting him to die.

This is completely unacceptable and I would hope that United fans have more class than that.

Terrible times for our once incredibly successful club. Happy memories though.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't know what the issue is at this club. I mean the way we play games is starting to get on my nerve. We have zero urgency to get from our end of the pitch to theirs. I mean boy! Get a move on already. These players are either not motivated enough or they aren't worth playing at the top end of the league. That was so lethargic! A manager can go ask a team to just be a disgrace and i think that team will still go put a shift in but this squad has unbelievably bad players that it makes me so nauseous. WOW! what a huge job Ole has on his hands. I feel bad for him but i don't think he has everything that it takes to make players play for him. A small reminder for those who feel Ole has nothing to do with this because of the injuries, check out some of the teams SAF has put out in the league during his reign and also check out how they have done in those matches. You think SAF hasn't come across situations where injuries plagued and he had to manage a lot more than he wanted to?

For example, look at this team that beat Arsenal 8-2
Substitutes
Can you believe we played 2 of the guys from that team? Can you believe this team apart from Rooney, Nani and Evra is a better team than the one we sent out against Burnley? Where is this club heading? Look at those substitutes though. We literally don't have players in the team that can fight, let alone a worthy sub. We have a lot of work to do and Ole's attitude has got to change as well!
That team is miles better than what we sent out against Burnley. The quality of the attack is night and day. Evans would walk into our line up even now. And then there's the bench.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Blocking this match out as best I can.

By the way, where is Shorts? Did he fall out with Ole? I haven't seen him for a while. How can the ass manager not e around?:confused:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Blocking this match out as best I can.

By the way, where is Shorts? Did he fall out with Ole? I haven't seen him for a while. How can the ass manager not e around?:confused:
Phelan was the one in the technical area last night while Ole sat with his legs crossed and hands on the knee.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Phelan was the one in the technical area last night while Ole sat with his legs crossed and hands on the knee.
Bloody hell my eyes really are going to shit. I really didn't see him. Weird.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Bloody hell my eyes really are going to shit. I really didn't see him. Weird.
The camera only ever pans to Ole in the dugout with McKenna and Carrick either side of him. From what I've seen Phelan appears to be the one standing up in the technical area mainly.

Asger

The same Fergie that was awful at United for the first five years or so?

Such nonsense logic, you can always pick out a bad moment.

What about Poch’s body of work that Frodo could only dream of, are we just going to disregard that?
Who is Frodo? Sometimes I think football fans are all kids. No wonder there is so much racism in football.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Who is Frodo? Sometimes I think football fans are all kids. No wonder there is so much racism in football.
Now you are conflating me calling Ole a Lord of the Rings character with racism.

Perhaps the race issue in football exists because of the low level of intelligence amongst fans, as evidenced by your last couple of statements to me :lol:

Asger

Now you are conflating me calling Ole a Lord of the Rings character with racism.

Perhaps the race issue in football exists because of the low level of intelligence amongst fans, as evidenced by your last couple of statements to me :lol:
Why not just call him just his name Ole? Do you maybe call your fanily member some tv character’s also?
I have never understand why people in this fkn world can not just behave like an adults.

TheRedHearted

It’s a tough situation for any manager to be in. Paper thin squad. When we are at full throttle like against city we gallop. A midfield of Fernandes, Pogba and Fred (or Mctominay) woul do a lot of damage. Sending out Smalling was a mistake and hell be back. We kept attacking and trying to break the down but Mata couldn’t break them through the middle but I did see many chances we had. Martial looked frustrated with such tight space but he needs to work on that even though he’s normally great at it.
Anyway who says Fernandes wouldn’t have helped there is wrong.
As for the goals- I missed them both but rewatched them. First is all on Maguire. We really need to manage him better. I think with Leicester flying and his price tag he’s lost his confidence big time.

as for the second- exactly the type of goals we should be scoring. A couple of quick passes and a quick decisive shot.

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 271 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 2:0 Burnley
  • 15% Man Utd 2:1 Burnley