PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:2 Burnley

Post-match discussion

Wed, 22 January 2020

Betson

Rio on BT says the club is an embarrassment right now , it has gone well past that Rio.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The best thing I saw tonight was the obvious boycott. Hopefully we can keep it up.

Ban

This club needs cleansing from top to bottom but we'll be in this limbo for the foreseeable future. No vision, no plan, no idea, no anything. Just stumbling around trying to come back to the top as quickly as possible and with every step we're just further and further from that goal.

Incredible sad state of the club and it can only get worse. We haven't seen bottom yet.

Siorac

I hate Burnley so much. I'm not particularly fond of our own players either though.

Really, this all feels so pointless. The game was over the moment they scored: we all knew we would lose. Depressingly predictable. Everything is rotten.

El Zoido

Where’s the fight from these guys? Does my head in constantly. These meek losses are happening weekly now. Pathetic team.

Stadjer

It was over the moment Ole decided it was a good idea to bring Lingard on when 0-2 behind.... Do you expect a player who is incapable of scoring or assist to change that scoreline?

Dansk

This club is fecked and I don't see a way back.

That is all.

vidic blood & sand

Still sticking with Ole, but we are seriously lacking quality upfront and in midfield. We need major signings or we're on a downward spiral to oblivion.
Club is now officially in crisis.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
No way he remains next season. We sacked managers for far less. The performance was bad. The only way he is saved is through individual brilliance from top players like Bruno, Rashford, Pogba, etc. It is obvious to see, without great players, he can’t motivate this team to perform like a great manager can

Sara125

Carragher and fletcher were grilling the team throughout the whole second half and I don’t blame them. What about this team is there to sing praises about?

joedirt87

I don't want to fire Ole and keep the cycle of managers going, but how can you not get rid of him after a performance like this.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
On the 12th I posted this in the awards thread.

Well @oates shall we say Thursday the 23rd? The day after United lose to Burnley so the place should be filled with folk wanting to rant about it. Unless Ole gets sacked.
It was a joke but so far 50% of it has come true. I'm starting to worry.

chiz2kul

Absolutely torrid performance. No desire or initiative.

Folks slack on WBS, but at least he tried.

RedNed77

I’ll usually try and find a positive or something funny to focus on, but that was a real low point for me. I get that we are without our three most key players, but feck me that was abysmal.

Normally I’d try and find consolation in “we’ll move on and do better next time”. Not sure I want there to be a next time after that. It was clueless and insipid. Utterly, utterly awful stuff.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The players look utterly shell shocked.
The look of a team about to lose their manager

fps

I’m asking myself would I rather have Lukaku Fellaini and Herrera or James Maguire and AWB and honestly I’d rather have the former right now.

Castia

Absolute rock bottom. It’s been a shit 6 years since SAF and I think tonight is the absolute worst.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Wilderness years have started. There will only be more of these garbage results to come.

Nori-

You can't blame injuries on that performace. That was out right awful and that's not the first time this season.

Over a year in charge, £150m spent and we don't even look like we're going in the right direction. Get that Norwegein fraud out and sign Poch up ASAP.

MrBest

I have been ole out for a while now, gave him time but now i am OLE OUT! Couldn't care less what them Ole In brigade think. Get that plane ready!

Giuliano Maiorana

Worst its been for me since I was there in 1989. The Stretford end was toxic then...... Will Ole get any more time?

Maybe its time for another Michael Knighton, those of you here who remember him :rolleyes:

kirk buttercup

So so bad . It is going to take so long to get back to the top . We need to change everything , starting at the top

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 271 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 2:0 Burnley
  • 15% Man Utd 2:1 Burnley