PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:2 Burnley

Post-match discussion

Wed, 22 January 2020

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Would probably win this in the first half if we had some quality in the final third. Pretty much mentaly collapsed after their goal which is to be expected at this point. All in all it's just a realistic portrayal of where we are at the moment for a bunch of different reasons.
And how do you propose we improve and dig ourselves out of this mess?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What’s the point in sacking Ole? Nothing will change. Other managers will come, shit players will come for the wrong reasons and I’ll end up having grandkids before we’re in any decent shape again (I don’t have kids yet).
The owners and their cronies need to be the first out, then Ole. He just is not good enough. He is just a cheerleader to me. Sorry.

Chimmychenga

He's got to go now yes we beat city n spurs but we need to beat the likes off oh hang on......Yes Burnley,Bournemouth, crystal palace,no good beating city etc getting all excited if can't open up the majority of teams who put all men behind the ball were clueless ole ain't got a clue wtf he's doing I'm sorry legend or not he's got to go! Get poch in get Bruno get a striker who's got experience even Danny ings he's better than what we have in my eyes, big changes needed asap, who else can we get in January realistically? Jimenez? I'd have him in a heart beat we need a poacher someone who can head the ball,need more creativity and we all know pogba has this but he wants out the club needs to sort this before it gets so much worse

norm87cro

I'll be amongst the first. This is truly, the first time I am considering not watching any United games for a while. The amount of pain and frustration I had to endure is just heart tearing. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. If we are talking just about the game it is just a combo of everything. We were supposed to be 3 0 up before their goal and after the 0 1 you could just see how weak our mentality is. So Martials lack of threat up front with a dodgy goal from Burnley that came as a result of a rough Jones challenge but nothing Burnley are strangers to either. Than the second goal and I'm really not sure if Ddg doesn't share some blame. It was well struck but it was to your closer side. And then there is the Shaw goal. It doesn't change the fact we are shite but c'mon ref the double standard is just getting too obvious. Jones commits a foul for the set piece on the first goal, then no foul on Matic and then this? Its obvious the refs are still having a go at us 7 years after Fergie left and all the pressure they were subjected too when he was in charge. Jones is better than Lindelof and that really isn't a compliment at this point

Last edited:

Dobba

Would David Gill come back to run the club? Our biggest mistake was letting SAF and Gill go at once. If Gill had stayed I have to believe things would be much better. He is only 62, so I think he would consider it.
He's got one of the cushiest jobs on the planet, he's not giving that up anytime soon.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So what catchphrases will we get from Ole today?
I think we made it difficult for Burnley to score as you can see they only scored two goals. It is testament of how far we have come.

RG 11

I dont think any manager could do much more with this squad and these injuries. It is unfortunate but best we were looking at was top 4 and up till Sunday we looked like we could get there. Cant blame Ole it is the lack of good squad depth. At least we are shipping out the worst of the lot but it will take another 2 SUMMER transfer windows to address.

I still love this club, United till I die!!
You're saying the team we put out was not capable of beating burnley at home?

RedDave0209

Very poor, looked like a league 1 side today.
I have officially joined the Ole out brigade.
To anyone that will tell me “what will a change of manager do?”
No one showed any heart today (apart from Brandon) - Just look at what Nigel Pearson did to Watford.
I am not saying we should get a shithouse manager but Mr Nice doesn’t do it when it comes to motivating the kids to play.
2nd highest wage bill in the world and we cant beat a bang average PL side at home.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Shows the goalie doesn’t trust the defenders at all and to be honest they suck
What it shows is that the keeper doesn't know how to play his position properly. There was very little to shoot at there and De Gea left that little bit that he had wide open. It looked like a great goal because of De Gea's poor positioning. That should have been a routine save...

aosmdee

We are simply too inconsistent to get top 4. Not that Chelsea is better. Of course I would rather it is us rather than Lampard and Co. We all say that getting top 4 will help with recruitment but I disagree. We have seen in the past that Woodward is just too incompetent/ unable to spend past a certain amount set by the Glazers. Who did we get after we finished 2nd in 2018? Diego Dalot and Fred. Hardly world class and hardly players who arrived to United because of CL football... It really wouldn't matter if we are top 10 or top 4. Until there is a change is ownership, or we get a coaching genius like Ferguson or Klopp who can turn average players into world beaters, we will not reach the same heights as in our glory days. It is sad and depressing.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'll be amongst the first. This is truly, the first time I am considering not watching any United games for a while. The amount of pain and frustration I had to endure is just heart tearing. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. If we are talking just about the game it is just a combo of everything. We were supposed to be 3 0 up before their goal and after the 0 1 you could just see how weak our mentality is. So Martials lack of threat up front with a dodgy goal from Burnley that came as a result of a rough Jones challenge but nothing Burnley are strangers to either. Than the second goal and I'm really not sure if Ddg doesn't share some blame. It was well struck but it was to your closer side. And then there is the Shaw goal. It doesn't change the fact we are shite but c'mon ref the double standard is just getting to obvious. Jones commits a foul for the set piece on the first goal, then no foul on Matic and then this? Its obvious the refs are still having a go at us 7 years after Fergie left and all the pressure they were subjected too when he was in charge. Jones is better than Lindelof and that really isn't a compliment at this point
Go away then, bye.

siw2007

Shambles. I can understand the defeat at the weekend but this is pretty unforgivable. Burnley are a bit of a bogey team at Old Trafford but it’s no excuse, we needed a win and had a chance to catch Chelsea, but we just absolutely stank the place out tonight. I’m extremely worried where we are going without Rashford because I can’t see where the goals are coming from.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Fecking hell Neville started this recruitment bs and now Rio regurgitating it. Following the lead.

Whose in charge of recruitment? It’s obvious that the manager decides.

Moyes = Fellaini
LVG = Depay, Blind
Mourinho = Zlatan, Lukaku
What did he say?

Barnslig

That is why everybody has to go, a clean slate. Get the best manager out there and best coaches. Best conditioning coaches and medical staff. Everything is wrong.
And get Woodward out, get someone with football pedigree in that can oversee the rebuild from above. At least the matchgoers have finally started getting on the Glazers back. Ed have had 7 disastrous years and it's clear incompetence keeping him in his position and not looking to improve. Nowhere else in the world is anyone awarded this handsomely for being trash at their job as at United.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Pointless getting Poch now, he would look equally as wank with what he's got at his disposal currently.
Our players are not as bad as you are making out.
We lost to Burnley. Are you suggesting that the Burnley players are all better than ours?
Swap Dyche and Solkjaer and I think Dyche could have us beating Burnley within a month or so.

RG 11

City did it from a lower position. Just needs someone with vision and wants to run a football team, not a money making franchise
They are just incompetent. A money making franchise needs to keep winning. This isn't like NFL.

We're already losing CL revenue on top of having wasted hundreds of millions on really shitty players and out of date managers.

Neo_Mufc

We've become the Liverpool of the 90s/00s. We turn up for the odd big game to cheer ourselves up.

The teams much lower than us we just capitulate.

Oh how I miss Fergie.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
What did he say?
Same crap about recruitment... but tbf afterwards when pushed and asked is Ole doing a good job he did reluctantly reply “if you look at results no”

DomesticTadpole

City did it from a lower position. Just needs someone with vision and wants to run a football team, not a money making franchise
They had good managers in place, from Mancini, Pellegrini and now Pep. Players are not stupid, they will watch us and know if a manager is tactically inept. They might also know some of the players and they might be saying things about the coaching.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Ole really needs to go. The task is clearly out of his capability. We have had horrible luck with injuries but failing to establishing a well working pattern in play in his time here is the reason I don't see him succeeding. Everybody by now knows that coaching wise he and coaching staff are very limited. If we can't attract top talent, we should at least have coaching staff good enough to improve existing players, which can over time improve team and attract better talent subsequently. Doesn't look likely at all to happen under Ole.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think we made it difficult for Burnley to score as you can see they only scored two goals. It is testament of how far we have come.
:lol:

You jest, but some of the Ole fans on this forum will probably say this.
The latest excuse for our bad results is that now is not what counts. We are building for the future and we need to base our opinion on what Ole can do in the coming years...not what he does now.

Rake

Pointless getting Poch now, he would look equally as wank with what he's got at his disposal currently.
We need to stop just throwing money at problems. The manager is equally at fault here. I think the fans want us to buy 10 players, which can win every game 3-0 even if they had no manager... It simply can't happen. Other teams are outperforming us with way less budget.

The worst thing is that there is no football philosophy to back with Ole. It will be money wasted again.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
City were not sentimental. They were selfish as they knew when to cut ties and move onto someone that can improve them.

sosolid4u09

Ed Woodward is an absolute joke... But can we stop talking about wage bill and money spent. That doesnt matter when the season starts!

When the season starts, and you have your players, its down to the manager to make it work. We have a shit squad but is it really worse than the teams we consistently lose to??? No. How can that be woodwards fault? Its woodwards fault we're not a top 3 team. But it's not his fault we're so utterly useless on the pitch

The Purley King

Go feck yourself ole.
That was fecking desperate.
We are tactically clueless. Whoever is in the team that is down to the manager.
Martial is not a centre forward, laziest player I have seen bar Lukaku. James gave the ball away so fecking casually. No coordinated attacking patterns no plan no clue. Final straw for me. Put pogba in charge for all I care.
I am fecking fuming.
No excuses for that depleted squad or not. feck off ole your time is up.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Ole has to go but the board are a joke. They have run a great club into the ground. Playing chicken with Sporting for Bruno when we desperately need new blood is just the latest in a long list of examples of their neglect & incompetence.
Maguire is fast turning into the greatest waste of cash of all time.

DomesticTadpole

And get Woodward out, get someone with football pedigree in that can oversee the rebuild from above. At least the matchgoers have finally started getting on the Glazers back. Ed have had 7 disastrous years and it's clear incompetence keeping him in his position and not looking to improve. Nowhere else in the world is anyone awarded this handsomely for being trash at their job as at United.
DOF/Technical Director. We have needed one for years, instead have just thrown money about with no plan. Problem I have is that Ole is a United legend, but does not have the charisma to attract players, if he had that potential signings might actually overlook that he is not a particularly good coach/manager.

sosolid4u09

Arsenal and Tottenham have comparable squads to us, both have been as bad as us on the pitch, both have sacked their managers. Says it all

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Without Rashford we'd be fighting to stay up this season. Not even exaggeration.

We'll finish 9th or 10th this time.

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 271 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 2:0 Burnley