PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 12 January 2021

Siorac

fecking hell. From about the Shaw-Brady farce up until the goal, we controlled the game, passed the ball patiently and probed for openings, and by all accounts, played reasonable football. Then we took the lead and... stopped doing that. I'm not quite sure why. Is it collective panic or something?

Pogba immense tonight, Matic very good as well up until those last 15 minutes where we inexplicably stopped attempting to actually play football.

And Martial played better than Cavani. Yeah, come at me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of those wins they say champions get.
A few things going against you, missing some chances, forwards not really on their game but getting through with a win the main thing.

Great that Maguire avoided a booking and Shaw only got the one!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Absolutely deserved that.

Pogba’s been pretty much our best player since he decided he was definitely leaving for the 3rd time

Good performance and should have won by more.

How on earth their fans can turn up to watch that shower every week. Outside of shoving 11 men behind the ball they wouldn't look out of place in the Conference.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Should have been more comfortable than it was. We let them right back in to it, and the Maguire goal getting disallowed was ridiculous.

A win is a win. They're a horrid bunch of mutants, that lot.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
Tough game, but the players never despaired. Tasty win.

AngliaRed

We need to convince Pogba him to stay and the only way is winning trophies!

MOTM a few times since his agent gobbed off and he’s been great!

Lee565

Great stuff and this means the liverpool games plays into ole's hands because we don't have to go looking for the win but liverpool will have to.

Chairman Steve

The timekeeping by the officials in this match was shite.

Goal looked inevitable in the second half with that momentum we built during it, and then almost shit the bed at the end with DDGs fear of leaving his line perking up.

Bailly and Pogba MOTM.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Couldn't watch the match but still got heart palpitations from reading the match thread!

Anyway, 1st in January... Long time no see... How you doin?
When the ball broke to Burnley twice in our box with 90 already on the clock it was pretty pulse racing! In a bad way

Josep Dowling

Just imagine if Rashford, Martial and Greenwood could hit the form of last season’s Lockdown!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
What a second half from us! We should have scored a few.

I know our goal was a little lucky, but that’s what happens when you’re the aggressor, Liverpool benefit from it all the time. We created a lot of half chances where we should have buried it.

Screw the refs and those brexit ball twonks!

Main criticism is that when we lead we don’t have a Scholes or Modric to dictate play to draw them out and nick the second/keep the ball.

Pogba was a colossus, you defo can’t say he doesn’t care, dominated with his physicality and skill, absolutely incredible display.

So so pleased for the boys, don’t think we go on and win it, but we’re a better side than ever since Fergie retired.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Deserved winners. If we had our shooting boots it could have been a lot more but everything seemed to go right at Pope. My MOTM is a tie between Maguire and Baily. Both were fantastic. Let's just hope Baily can remain healthy. Poor games for Bruno and Rashford today but I'm sure they will bounce back on Sunday...

SKS

Great match, should have won by a 3 goal minimum.
I can't believe how much fun it is to watch matches this year.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Get in, deserved win. Annoying game, we controlled and were comfortable for 85 minutes, had a clear goal disallowed for no reason, eventually got the goal but then always going to be a nervy ending because we're awful at dealing with long balls/high balls/set pieces.
Top of the league!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
We were on 25 points after 17 games last season and now we're on 36 points even after a disastrous start to the season.

We've definitely gotten better and we need to keep doing so if we're going to be title challengers.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Showing some diversity in performances now. Fernandes and Rashford were shite, yet we still won.

Maguire is on form and looks much better with Bailly. Pogba stepping up when needed.

We are a strange team, but we have a lot of match winners, and it's working.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I've just been looking at the table. Might as well enjoy us at the top whilst we're there, cause feck knows what's going to happen next :D

Pogba was great, in attack and defence I thought.

Just happy for the win. Big 3 points!!!!!

delerium

Burnley really made us work our asses off tonight. But it was a great performance by everyone, I didn't count many individual errors. So many players were great.. Bailly, Maguire.. I think Maguire was robbed a goal really!

Great strike by Pogba, we deserved the win. Good to be top of the league. Bring on pool!

Drainy

Past it goalie, shit defence, average midfield and strikers who can't score.

PE teacher in charge and we're top of the league. We'll get found out eventually but fun while it lasts

Okey

We're top of the league! Even with our forwards misfiring so badly it's almost a joke... We're top of the league!!!

vodrake

Burnley are the epitome of small dick energy.

Big tough men, who make big tough challenges, who fling themselves screaming to the ground when someone so much as breathes at them. Always great to beat them!

Also, top of the league!

Rustyspider13

Blood, sweat and tears, players left it all on the pitch today. Lovely performance from Pogba, the fight he showed today was exemplary. Matic, Maguirea and Bailly were fantastic too. Got a bit lucky with the goal but winners make their own luck.

Thank you United for giving me the best birthday present I could hope for. Been waiting a long time to say it-

TOP. OF. THE. LEAGUE.

:D

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 89% of 378 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 360 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win