PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:1 Burnley

Post-match discussion

Sun, 18 April 2021

mikel

Good game. Substitutions had positive impact. Slow start but I never had the feeling they were without a clue on breaking the other team down. Sometimes they just bang the ball around without a plan. Today seemed better in that regard.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
- Pogba very good again, just a fun player to watch
- Rashford looked sharp after a brief rest
- Bruno looks like he needs a rest with too many loose balls but still effective
- Greenwood to pass Rooney for most goals by a Man Utd teenager.
- Cavani made a difference when he came on.
- Good overall result
- With the game in-hand we are only 5 points off, dare to think...

Ever since Martial was injured we are scoring more goals, playing more consistently, and winning by bigger margins. Maybe we can get 25m for him and use that money to get a DM and RW.
We're on the same number of games as City

mav_9me

- Bruno looks like he needs a rest with too many loose balls but still effective
- Good overall result

Ever since Martial was injured we are scoring more goals, playing more consistently, and winning by bigger margins. Maybe we can get 25m for him and use that money to get a DM and RW.
Sorry but we are 8 points behind level on games played right now.

David Bartley

Disgusted that our great club has signed up to this greedfest masquerading as a league, Gary Neville and Roy strong on this on Sky.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We showed good match management today. Didn’t panic when they equalised and then killed it off at the end instead of inviting pressure. I thought Pogba was different class in the second half.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Good win. Hopefully Rashford and Bruno can find their confidence in front of goal before the end of the season. We will be really difficult to beat then.

Cpt Negative

Good win against a frustrating team.

Biggesy triumph is Maguire getting through the game without a booking meaning he doesn’t get a 2 game ban (Leeds and Liverpool)

theklr

Beside all the good stuff from Rash and Mason , really liked the VdB cameo. Fighting for every ball with intensity and very mindful ajaxish assist there. He might come good for us as a impact sub !

arthurka

Hate these owners but love the club and what it stood for.. This game was a Utd team with a spirit and graft of the teams of old. But shadowed by these money grabbing cnuts.

lysglimt

Scout
One part of me kinda likes Tarkowski - another part of me hates him

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Eased to the win in the end without playing especially well.

Thought Maguire could have done better with a couple of defensive headers. Almost Lindelof style how he got beaten by Tarkowski.

However, nice win against a strangely bogey opponent.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We're no winning the league BUT if we keep winning games, Citeh won't be able to cruise through their remaining games which might make their CL campaing more difficult. It's not much but we can do at least this much.

LoneStar

Been our boogey team for so long! Makes it all the more sweeter. Wasnt smooth sailing, but as we have been doing for this season, we pulled through.

I seriously wish we had got Sancho this summer, might have seriously won or been far closer or the title.

city-puma

We're no winning the league BUT if we keep winning games, Citeh won't be able to cruise through their remaining games which might make their CL campaing more difficult. It's not much but we can do at least this much.
We must finish the season as strong as possible and to win the games as many as possible. This will build nicely the psychological advantage for our benefit. This squad will challenge the title next season in full steam. Let’s hope also the summer gives us good adjustment of the squad.

Betson

The black background in the stands is making all the difference , won all our games since we ditched the red banners. Good result.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
What was that interview with Ole all about? He doesn't run the fecking club, he was bauy managing a game when the news was being dropped? And do they think he's going to bad mouth his employer? Didn't ask one question about the actual game. I get that they cant ignore it, but we're watching a tv show about the match that has just been played. At least they aren't banging on about Line of Duty again or some shit. What the feck is happening to this sport?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
- Good overall result

Are you sure we have a game in hand.
Whichever, agree with you about miserable martial. But I seriously doubt we will sell him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I have watched McNeill interview when he mentioned Tarkowski as the strongest player in Burnley no contest stronger than Wood and Ben Mee. Well, I understood what he meant after their first goal, he wasn't wrong though.

Anyway, very good goals we scored, I thought we also played well in first half and great win today.

Reddevildans

I think we played well for the majority of the game. Yes we lacked urgency sometimes but I always thought we may create big chances. There's absolutely no need for mcfred in these sorts of games. Nice to see some good moves for the goals.

Judas

Open to offers
I think wins like today show we are making progress, we obviously don't win this game last season. We are going in the right direction, hopefully Ole gets the players he wants in the summer to keep this forward momentum.

Foxbatt

We should not be playing zonal marking. We should get back to man to mark marking.

croadyman

Delighted with the result but disgusted with the set piece defending AGAIN

OrcaFat

We should not be playing zonal marking. We should get back to man to mark marking.
You’re not alone in thinking that, and I think I would prefer man marking but Burnley can score from a set piece even if you are man marking. I’m not sure there is a huge difference in outcomes. Either way, all the individuals have to do their jobs properly.

man united 4eva

Thank feck for that... I hate playing against Burnley (Dyche).. We managed to do the double over them this season.. but my word... what a shit show.. :devil:

simplyared

Burnley certainly no pushover and just shows the strength of the PL. Must be a nightmare for the foreign players coming over and think they're on to an easy ride against the lower clubs.
Thought we handled them well. Tarkowski is as tough as nails as so many others in that team. Wouldn't call them dirty but lets say on the verge of being.......
Thought Ole used his subs well today. Right decision to replace Fred and great to see Rashford (a lot fresher today), Greenwood and Cavani on the field together. They are our front 3!
Bit worried about MacT's form though seems to be lacking self belief. Like him best when he drives the ball forward. Maybe Ole's told him to sit deeper!
Apart from that I couldn't fault anybody today. Even the manager gets a gold star!

DSG

Poor but 3 points and putting an iron grip on second
I don't get this. How is this a bad performance? Created a number of chances, mostly dealt with a very physical team, didn't really allow many chances, had most of the possession and mostly in their half.

I thought is was a very professional performance and didn't really look in doubt, even at 1-1.

SirScholes

Greenwood could be so bloody good.
Also that’s where I really trust Donny - I feel like he’ll always look for the pass in those situations whereas a lot of our players just go for goal as soon as they get a sight of it. Love a well worked tap in.
There was a moment before that maybe Bruno got the ball and didn’t play it inside and Donny was running for the tap in
You just knew when roles were reversed Donny would make the extra pass for the easy finish
Was very tidy

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Good win. Not really the best performance (not close to how we played against Spurs), and I would include Greenwood in that despite the goals (first good, very smart dummy from Fernandes, second lucky). Shaw very good again, he is our POTY I think, he is good in every game.

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 83% of 286 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 266 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw