PL L FA Premier League

Chelsea 4:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 23 October 2016

Meller

Great game. Would watch again. 10/10. Smalling motm.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just not good enough. They need a severe kick up the arse.

shaky

Only 6 points off the lead. It's still pretty much in the bag.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Absolutely incredible. How are we so crap?

Jinn

Most disappointing performance of the season so far.

Zoo

Easiest 4-0 Conte will ever have. So shambolic it was laughable. What the feck is Mourinho doing?

First, we looked tired. Two games since Chelsea last played does that to you. Secondly, a very different game if Luiz gets the obvious red card. Atkinson strikes again.

As for the players.

Blind - poor game, but hung out to dry by Smalling. So many times he was expecting Smalling to be coming across and he wasn't there. He plays that way as CB but maybe he shouldn't be expecting Smalling to play the same way, although Smalling should communicate better as the CB.

Smalling - shocking. At fault for all four goals. As bad a performance as I've seen in years from a Manchester United player. No positioning, leaden footed, dithering on decisions, shirking responsibility, and more. Should be benched for a long time after that.

Herrera - he's our man for that keep ball role. Left to run the midfield on his own but he bailed us out of our own mistakes multiple times and almost never gave the ball away.

Fellaini - junk. Lost the ball nearly every time it came to him and a big part of the reason we couldn't string two passes together in the first half. Waste of a position and he should be phased out of the club.

Pogba - on one hand he was taking no risks, playing nothing forward at all. On the other hand, Ibrahimovic was nowhere to be seen and the wingers were so deep he had no-one ahead to pass to. Needs to do better but he can't create if there's no-one moving to receive.

Ibrahimovic - hes starting to look like he can't keep up. He's making no runs, is getting beaten to all loose balls and is struggling to hold it up. More than anything I think he needs a rest, but Rashford should take his spot for a game or two.

I want to see next:

DDG
Valencia - Bailly - Blind - Shaw
Mata/Carrick - Herrera - Pogba
Miki/Lingard - Rashford - Martial

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Another match where we didn't seem to know what to do when we had the ball. But this time it was compounded by stupid lapses in concentration at the back.

Mr.Kaya

One of the worst performances I've seen in a long, long time. I guess things can only get better after this.

ZAGREB RED

Are you LvG in disguise. Embarrassing. City will be rubbing their hands at the chance of breaking their run without a win against this United team.

JackXX

Terrible performance. Players didn't look like they gave a feck today. How they can quite be all smiles at the end after being embarrassed 4-0 I don't know.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Chelsea 1:1 Man Utd
  • 21% Chelsea 1:2 Man Utd