PL D FA Premier League

Chelsea 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 October 2018

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The subs were so poor, gave them the game after the making the games. Mata was carrying the ball for us, we lost control after he went off.

Canagel

We have better players than Chelsea. They went long ball on us and went physical. They weren't going to score any other way.
Just play attacking from the start but again it seems the players took it into their own hands. Why do we only play when we are losing? As soon as we got the 2nd we made negative subs and reverted back to type.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Mata and Martial were very good.

Pissed off about the subs. Gutted not to get the win as we needed those points.

Lukaku is terrible and so is Matic, but Mourinho refuses to take their useless asses off.

Crashoutcassius

This is what i'm taking out of the game. Poor first half and a spirited fight in the second half.

Yet again all spotlight seems to be on Mourinho after the game but the players did themselves proud.
the spotlight would be on mourinho if we lost even if the players didn't put in effort. He should get massive credit for motivating them today and nearly got the win out of the toughest / second toughest fixture of the season.

Reddevildans

We were completely wasteful with decision making in the last 20mins. Should have been through on goal 2-3 times yet made careless passes. Great attitude in the second half but the inconsistency in periods of the game is all to see. Lukaku for all his effort is just not sharp enough right now and needs to be dropped. Rashford was terrible. Our main problems stem from distribution from the back.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
Man Utd played well. First goal is foul from Lukaku from Alonso but cant expect red to spot that so fair play. Chelsea did force De Gea into couple good saves and it was red/pen for Ashley foul on Giroo but guess a fair result at the end.

Any notion of United being robbed though is laughable

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I must admit you did far better than what I expected. As seen before, as lately as against Newcastle for instance, you are perfectly capable of playing aggressive, attacking football, but for some reason choose not to more often than not.

Neo_Mufc

What was the 3 titles jab all about :lol:. He having a dig at the Chelsea fans?

redIndianDevil

We have got to stop sitting back so deep and let players cross into the box with no pressure whatsoever, happened last year against Leicester, we let them keep pinging in crosses and they equalized and again today, we are dealing with top players who will get it right when they are crossing if they are given time and space. We need to press them into making inaccurate crosses.

I still want Mourinho gone, IMO first half is his real tactics, always safe and fearful, once we go behind, he has no chance other than going for it, look at the first half, the rotational fouling of Hazard(look at how quiet Hazard was for a bit of time in the second half when we were chasing the game, the players weren't concentrating on stopping Hazard, they wanted to attack), Martial and Rashford playing as fullbacks, the constant hoofing it to Lukaku.

Oh and I can't wait for Mourinho fanboys here to take credit for Martial's form, they will tell it's all part of Mourinho's plan to insult him so that he can prove himself or how he bought Sanchez for shitloads of money to make Martial play better.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The subs were so poor, gave them the game after the making the games. Mata was carrying the ball for us, we lost control after he went off.
We actually had several openings after he went off. Herrera, Sanchez and Lukaku all had decent opportunities to kill it.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Initial provocation

On the way back

Going by the number of annoyed faces, I think Marco Ianni did or yelled some sort of provocation on the way back as well.
Who's this bald cnut anyway? Love it when some fecking nobodies do this kind of shit, lmao.

MonkeysMagic

We might actually win matches if we had defenders that could defend. None of Smalling, Jones, Lindelof, Bailly and Rojo belong in a utd shirt.

Darkhorsez

Well done to the lads. Good result. Well done the Manchester United supporters (including those on here).
I am happy with that. I just feel gutted for the players. No one can argue about their commitment after the last 2 games.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don’t understand the positivity. Our season is completely fecked. Chelsea are no great shakes and were there for the taking. A point is pretty worthless for us today. Also pisses me off how the likes of Mata and Shaw are having a giggle with their mates on the pitch at full time. You just conceded in the 96th minute, you cretins.
Yes our season likely is fecked, but at least we are showing some fight, which has been missing lately. That defending is making Ed look more stupid by the day.

OldSchoolManc

Big result and performance. So gutted we didn’t take 3 points there.
Finally a corner to turn?

On a side not, if the FA don’t throw the book at the Chelsea staff member swinging a fist at Jose, then it will be utterly disgraceful.

Roboc7

First half was everything that is wrong about Mourinho’s tactics and second half showed this team does have potential to play good football.

AndersB

Mata and Martial were very good.

Pissed off about the subs. Gutted not to get the win as we needed those points.

Lukaku is terrible and so is Matic, but Mourinho refuses to take their useless asses off.
Matic was good in the second half. Won many balls in midfield during the last 30 minutes. Lukaku wasn't too bad himself

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great performances by Mata and Martial. The latter seemed tired, but I wouldn't have taken Mata off, he controlled the midfield for us and could've given us much more stability. Pogba had a good second half and Young was decent as well.

Chelsea got lucky. It was a scramble situation in extra time, we should've covered Barkley, but it was a lucky goal. They surely didn't deserve it.

Am I the only one feeling six minutes of added time was a ridiculous amount?

Red_Ramirez

At least it wasnt boring for the entertainment merchants

I'm gutted.

Would've been happy with a boring 1-0. I hate Chelsea

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Gutted. Good performance. Mata was immense.

We lost two goals to aerial balls. Something to ponder about.

Gasolin

A lot of replies, can't be bothered to quote them all. I thought tactically we were superb. I thought the team in the 2nd half played as well as it can. Keep in mind that this Chelsea midfield has been the best in the league this season as well as the overall context of the season, the media, the pressure.

If this was a performance under SAF I don't think half the Mourinho-out brigade would be complaining.

But by all means, carry on moaning about Mourinho after a great performance.
No complain for me, the only problem was that we are too far down in the league at the beginning of the game. If we went to play as a top of the league team, this result and performance would have been a victory 9 times out of 10 for United. Jose had a tactical approach that suffered only Pogba's mistake on the first goal.

Ether

Chelsea are a disgusting lot, baffles me when our fans say they want them to win the league

Irrational.

Not the worst result or performance. Got lucky with the ref not giving them a pen and second yellow for Ash though. Cowardly last 10. Meh.
You're a troll with an anti-Jose agenda. Got that pen shout and alleged Young second booking out of your backside. Stick to worshipping your heroes Klopp and Pep.

Here was you at half-time:

1-0 down and we are playing like we are defending a 1-0 lead in the last minute of a CL final. Sickening, get this man out of my club for crying out loud.
:rolleyes:

MuFc_1992

We are really bad at the back and Lukaku is really shite. It's obvious that rest of the players are giving their best but it's really hard when you have obvious weaknesses like that.

marktan

Initial provocation

On the way back

Going by the number of annoyed faces, I think Marco Ianni did or yelled some sort of provocation on the way back as well.
Dunno why that guy had such a hard on for Mourinho, really weird.

SqueakyWeasel

I know at least 5 Chelsea fans that were going fecking mental on Tuesday when the board came up and England had another 6 minutes to defend their lead. A direct quote aimed at the TV was "feck off you cnut, no-one died … you're so fecking bought you can't even hide your bias!" Well that bloke just WhatsApp'ed me with … "You get what you play for you time wasting losers" I hate to point out we didn't lose but … kettle/pot? :lol:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Chelsea were very lucky. Lots of possession but scored from a corner and a pump into the box.

Gutting to only get a point from that game.

Ultimately, not enough to convince me that Jose can properly turn this around yet.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 387 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Chelsea 2:0 Man Utd
  • 12% Chelsea 3:0 Man Utd