PL D FA Premier League

Chelsea 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 October 2018

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Deliberate provocation

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We actually had several openings after he went off. Herrera, Sanchez and Lukaku all had decent opportunities to kill it.
Nothing clear cut though and gave up control of the game. No one was carrying the ball forward like Mata was. We sat back far too keep and let their defenders set up and get in the box. You could see it coming after the subs, that's what hurts.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
We didn’t deserve that. Should’ve put it to bed in the final 15 minutes, however, when our decision-making and execution in the final third was rather poor.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Good performance overall. Deserved to win. Chelsea aren't a great side on an individual level - we are more talented IMO.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Matic was good in the second half. Won many balls in midfield during the last 30 minutes. Lukaku wasn't too bad himself
He was better in the second, but then him and Pogba were just standing around and not reacting at the end for their goal

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Yes our season likely is fecked, but at least we are showing some fight, which has been missing lately. That defending is making Ed look more stupid by the day.
“Fight”. It’s all just pointless platitudes from this lot. Better that these well compensated players show some quality - multiple opportunities to kill the game at 2-1.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Mata and Martial were very good.

Pissed off about the subs. Gutted not to get the win as we needed those points.

Lukaku is terrible and so is Matic, but Mourinho refuses to take their useless asses off.
I presume you mean who came off? The subs on were right, but as you say Lukaku is awful, along with Matic. I don't think they have the energy levels we need.

mav_9me

Yes, but he has realised he isn't ready and asked for a more experienced defender. In case you forgot.
Then he should have bought a better defender in the first place or improve Lindelof. Can't just keep buying defender after defender. Bailly is also his buy. There is more to managing/coaching than just buying ready made defenders. Like maybe not just sit deep and play defense against attack.

Crashoutcassius

can anyone explain how with 7 or 8 mins left the subs 'cost us the game' when we are winning and lose to a header from a set piece?

presume everyone is saying martial would have 100% scored again in those 8 mins of normal time?

I think its one thing to say not the right subs but to say the subs cost us the game making some people look pretty wierd and agenda heavy in here

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
Terrible feeling. It clearly feels like a loss even though the draw was a fair result. However, I have no idea why there were six minutes of extra time. I think a lot of people in here will be secretly happy about the late goal.

Martial with a great performance. Pogba and Matic were immense in the second half. Great fighting spirit from the whole team.

Bearded One

We were excellent. Kudos to Jose on how we're setup. Man deserves some love in here
I agree. We are all too quick to bash the man but we do not show the same quickness to give him praise. Thats me told also because I'm not exonerating myself.

Crashoutcassius

Then he should have bought a better defender in the first place or improve Lindelof. Can't just keep buying defender after defender. Bailly is also his buy. There is more to managing/coaching than just buying ready made defenders. Like maybe not just sit deep and play defense against attack.
why is pep allowed buy defender after defender?

Ainu

Wtf I completely forgot we were playing this early, missed the match altogether. :( Late equaliser or not, a draw away to Chelsea is always a good result.

TommiHelm

Good away performance tbh. Better than I feared. Chelsea found out a bit imo, they're not that hard to defend against - they hardly created anything outside of set pieces.

And I'll blame Mike Dean. I don't care if he did nothing wrong, I just hate his face! I don't care what anyone say, it's his fault somehow. :p

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good performance overall. Deserved to win. Chelsea aren't a great side on an individual level - we are more talented IMO.
Yup, I haven't watched them much this season but agree. We have a better team overall

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Probably would have taken a draw before the game. No way was there six minutes of added time. Four at max.

How did we play in the first half? Missed it.

Thought we did well of what i saw in the second half. Mata was good.

Toad

Rudiger on Barkley - “sometimes it’s difficult to understand his English” :lol::lol:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Terrible game management in the closing stages, why didn’t we just try to keep calm and retain possession instead of lumping it forward and trying to grab a third?

Martial, Mata and Pogba woke up in the second half and were excellent, so naturally we hauled two of them off.

Matic and Rashford were poor.

Lukaku just looks like he's not cut out for this level.

mav_9me

We might actually win matches if we had defenders that could defend. None of Smalling, Jones, Lindelof, Bailly and Rojo belong in a utd shirt.
Disagree. I think Bailly, Smalling definitely belong in a United shirt. Lindelof I dont know. Jones and Rojo should be out.

BulgarianDevil91

I am satisfied with the result. Was expecting for us to be destroyed, yet somehow we were 30 seconds away from a win on the Bridge. Sure, a win is always better, but let's be realistic.

Ace of Spades

The subs were poor, Lukaku finishing 90 mins again has to be a joke. He was lazy as well as shit. Keep the attackers that are playing well, and don't take the pressure off from the opposition.

This is exactly why I want him gone, the moment we get the lead he goes negative, and against good attacking teams inviting pressure is just stupid. Especially as he does not even trust his defense at all.

freddie the red

The bare facts of a draw away to Chelsea seems fine but seconds from a win there feels like a loss......really disappointing with that but a better display from United and hopefully, hopefully, we can play more often on the front foot. This slowly, slowly, sideways nonsense does my head in!!

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I'm a big Smalling critic but he was amazing today
He didn’t even jump for the Luiz header at the end which hit the post and led to their 2nd goal.....

We need 2 new centre backs and then we might see some attacking football.

gr3yham3

Such a waste. It was a good second half again from us and we should have held on at the end - what was Young doing ball-watching and seeing Smalling get outnumbered 2 to 1 on the far post for the goal though?

Heinzesight

Mourinho’s inability to see how wank Lukaku is drives me insane. How is this fraud still starting every single match and playing the full 90? It’s bizarre.

Al-T

Not a happy venue for us and whilst world have taken a point before the game, gutted we couldn't hold on.

Never had particularly strong feelings about Chavski before but I'm revising my opinion.

Shaw looked good again and maybe we are getting
our act together at last.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 387 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results