PL D FA Premier League

Chelsea 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 October 2018

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Second half was the game I expected, with United's players turning up the motivation. Seems even against big opponents they need to be behind for that, though. Chelsea were poor for most of the game. They wouldn't have scored their first without Pogba forgetting about Rüdiger, and they looked rattled after the equalizer. Not a good home performance. Both teams can't really be content with that game, although Chelsea won a point in the end and United lost two.

joleb

1. 2 headers scored with no defender in sight
2. 6 minutes added... When was the last time we saw that? Was their an injury i missed?
3. Goal in the last 10 seconds

Oh and yeah, Mou will get penalized for that reaction at the end, after Chelsea staff provocation.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Repeat of the Newcastle game. Pretty godawful first half. Started to give a shit in the second half. Comebacks are cool and all, but why do we start so poorly and have such extended spells of barely being able to string two passes together?

Man for man, that Chelsea side should be nothing for us to fear, but for large parts of the game we made ourselves look like massive underdogs.

Chelsea should probably be punished for their lot pratting around like that over a fecking equaliser at home, but probably won't be. Jose was once sent off for putting one foot on the pitch. The whole of their club's staff structure came bulldozing out of the tunnel and through United's technical area, whilst the stewards parted to let them through, but I predict the media will focus on Jose's reaction and not the two acts of provocation. BBC are already reporting it as "Mourinho involved in bust up", obviously.

mav_9me

can anyone explain how with 7 or 8 mins left the subs 'cost us the game' when we are winning and lose to a header from a set piece?

presume everyone is saying martial would have 100% scored again in those 8 mins of normal time?

I think its one thing to say not the right subs but to say the subs cost us the game making some people look pretty wierd and agenda heavy in here
Because it sends a message to play defense vs attack. Takes out the threat of Rashford's pace.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Team should be proud. Match thread was horrible in the first half. Jesus
A lot of kids in that thread, were giving up completely.
Some said that they will switch off, etc.
Some people have a such a loser's mentality. We go down 1 goal and they give up. WTF!

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Good performance overall. Deserved to win. Chelsea aren't a great side on an individual level - we are more talented IMO.
Hazard, Kanté, Jorginho, Willian, Kovacic, Alonso, Azpilicueta and probably Pedro would walk into United's 11.

JohnnyKills

If Jose had his way Martial would have been sold and we would have had willian.
This.

We're all happy with the upturn but let's not pretend Mourinho planned all this. Had he had his way our goalscorer would probably have been playing for the opposition.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
“Fight”. It’s all just pointless platitudes from this lot. Better that these well compensated players show some quality - multiple opportunities to kill the game at 2-1.
Maybe they don't have the quality? If not at least show some fight and pride. Up until the last two games we have had neither. Funny enough all carry on at the end might actually fire us up even more.

Ephrem

His Lukaku love will cost him eventually. I cant understand why he subbed Mata but Martial ??
Should never have taken both Martial and Mata at the same time.

Well a point at Bridge is always a point earned. So well done Jose.

Note: I hope this game showed people that we have some good players if we decided to attack. Hopefully enough to nick into top 4 though (no other expectations)

Kag

He didn’t even jump for the Luiz header at the end which hit the post and led to their 2nd goal.....

We need 2 new centre backs and then we might see some attacking football.
You’ve never played a game of football in your life, have you?

Regalia

Almost every game we are let down by our defense. Guess Jose knows a bit more about football than Eddy Woody and the average forum-goer. Sorely lacking an experienced head at the back to organize and calm things down, especially in the final minutes of games.

Shame that. The lads were up for this even with the shaky first half and there seemed to be a true camaraderie among the team. Maybe that siege mentality is finally kicking in, albeit a bit late. Martial, Mata, Young, all immense.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We might actually win matches if we had defenders that could defend. None of Smalling, Jones, Lindelof, Bailly and Rojo belong in a utd shirt.
Not sure why you would complain about defenders not being able to defend and then name Smalling. He was one of our best players and basically did everything he could, completely dominating Morata and even Giroud once he came on.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Similar to the Newcastle game. Great fight and improvement and finally 2 games in a row from us that were really entertaining.

In the end we lost 2 points but this is football. I hope we will take on Juve as well and we will stop giving away such cheap goals.

And I loved Jose‘s „3 here“ gestures. That stuff never gets old.

Darkhorsez

can anyone explain how with 7 or 8 mins left the subs 'cost us the game' when we are winning and lose to a header from a set piece?

presume everyone is saying martial would have 100% scored again in those 8 mins of normal time?

I think its one thing to say not the right subs but to say the subs cost us the game making some people look pretty wierd and agenda heavy in here
Unbelievable some stuff posted here

PepsiCola

Poor subs and love for Matic/Lukaku cost us a win in my opinion.

Good to see some fight. Mata was brilliant.

Møllemanden

Matas attitude when he slaughtered Azpilicueta was admirable. That's what you want to see all the time. A terrible way to lose the game but man, it was nice to see some aggressive pressing by United.

Smores

As much as it hurts there's a lot of positives to take from that.

For those saying that wasn't entertaining please just give up watching football :lol:

Crashoutcassius

This.

We're all happy with the upturn but let's not pretend Mourinho planned all this. Had he had his way our goalscorer would probably have been playing for the opposition.
pretty sure he planned for us to win the game today

the martial thing is probably made up by journalists anyway, a lie to fool emotional fans

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Not sure why you would complain about defenders not being able to defend and then name Smalling. He was one of our best players and basically did everything he could, completely dominating Morata and even Giroud once he came on.
And then he didn't clear that cross for 2.2. Was nowhere there.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Nothing clear cut though and gave up control of the game. No one was carrying the ball forward like Mata was. We sat back far too keep and let their defenders set up and get in the box. You could see it coming after the subs, that's what hurts.
They didnt create a chance till the last second. It didnt even make a huge difference. This is just football.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Feel lost with this team.

We approach games infuriatingly poorly. Every single game.

But of course we nearly got what would be a fantastic result in the end.

Chelsea’s mistake was not getting out of second gear in the first half.

We were lucky at times (Alonso), and fecked at the end with too much added time. We shouldn’t change the way we play at the end of games though. It’s stupid.

Kag

I’ve played at a significantly higher level than you and I will leave it at that.

He should have won that header.
I’m not in the ball game of telling fibs on the internet.

If you think he should have won that header (given the run Luiz had and the flight of the ball) then there is a wonderful game called tiddlywinks that you can take up instead.

There’s probably a forum they have in which you can tell lies on, too.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 387 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Chelsea 2:0 Man Utd
  • 12% Chelsea 3:0 Man Utd