PL W FA Premier League

Chelsea 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 17 February 2020

championo

Top Stalker
I loved the high pressing employed. MOTM for us....Maguire, followed Fred, VAR is also a strong candidate.

Djemba-Djemba

We suffered plenty of poor decisions down the years away to Chelsea so I'll enjoy getting a bit of luck with the Maguire kick out incident.

The two disallowed goals were rightly disallowed.

OLLY ORANGE

Good result against a poor chelsea side which is low on cofidence. Would have been dissappointed not to have beaten that chelsea line up. Rode our luck on quite a few occasions and not a massive difference between the two sides on the night.
Not to get ahead of our selves but we've got to go on a decent run.

Litch

Great second half, one of my fav performances of the season. Man like Fred delivers again.

K_Ash

It amazes me that we have tried that corner kick at the back for Harry all season and nothing...Bruno comes in...2nd game and header Goal!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We played quite well second half. Chelsea were awful though. Didn’t look a threat at all.
Didn't look a threat yet hit post and scored two goals which were very close calls albeit the right calls.

And Kovacic n Bashuayi missed good chances too.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
This was a perfect match to sum up the current state of the PL. Quite terrible quality from both sides accompanied by some shambolic refereeing and VAR. Anyway, happy with 3 points.
What absolute nonsense. Especially what you said about the referee. He did a fantastic job. Only mistake he made was Maguire. He should have been sent off. And you can't fault him for not seeing that offside. Taylor is the best referee in the league, by a mile.

And terrible? Wow.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Fred knocked his pan in. Bruno can deliver a set piece. 3 well earned points after a few scares at the back. Enjoyed that one.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
My man of the match, apart from VAR of course, is Bailly, not because he played brilliantly or anything but consider how long he'd been out and how massively important this game was, his performance was admirable.
Agree with Bailly getting some slack cut for him due to being out that long, but he did shit his pants with Giroud and if not for VAR he would have cost us a critical goal. Awarding him MOTM is too much.

I think Fred played another fantastic game. Him and Bruno in the midfield is pretty awesome sight. We still need Pogba, but now more as a squad player, in case Fred or Bruno gets injured :D

Ibi Dreams

Fred bossed it today, he was everywhere

Pretty shite going forward, but we somehow got the goals anyway. We've been due a corner goal and Bruno's delivery was sublime - he should really be taking all of them on his good foot, and maybe the ones on the other side too

Very satisfying to beat Chelsea away, and they didn't even trouble us after the first 20 or 30 minutes

Member 90887

Fernandes good, Bailly crazy, Zouma goal should have stood and Maguire should have been sent off. VAR had a mare.

Decent performance, massive three points, but luck was certainly on our side tonight.
I'm always baffled by posters that think they know better than trained, professional refs.

A Panel of referees looked at the same (or better) images as us. But no, the caf knows better.... How the hell should Zouma's goal have stood?

Coops73

We were the much better team 2nd half, Maguire was brilliant but I gave MOTM to Bruno, he really made a difference today, rarely put a foot or pass wrong. We may have got a real gem here.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Love this winning feeling :D which will last until we lose to fecking Watford next sunday

sport2793

It amazes me that we have tried that corner kick at the back for Harry all season and nothing...Bruno comes in...2nd game and header Goal!
Ya it was a class delivery from Bruno, he's already made an impact.

fps

Hardly a great performance, but a great result, especially given the players we have out. Certainly defended well. Was surprised how toothless Chelsea were, but with Abraham and Pulisic injured I suppose I shouldn't be.
Hudson-Odoi too.... A good time to play them. Pedro and Willian as the wingers ain't getting it done. Willian can still crush it as a 10 but he seemed to be on the right a lot.

Dobba

Not sure who was more gutted by it all, my Chelsea supporting Dad or Martin Tyler on commentary. I was waiting for breaking news about his dog dying to scroll along the bottom of the screen.

dove

What absolute nonsense. Especially what you said about the referee. He did a fantastic job. Only mistake he made was Maguire. He should have been sent off. And you can't fault him for not seeing that offside. Taylor is the best referee in the league, by a mile.

And terrible? Wow.
You didn't watch the game or you are a relative of Taylor.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Bailly turned out to be a great decision.

Fred excellent, Shaw good, Bruno good/we finally get delivery from corners

Formation worked pretty well De Gea nominally worked.

James mehhh. Overall, well done Ole.

They can moan all they want about dodgy decisions. It's just 3 points, it's not like a sh!t call that costs a title is it?

cough (Drogba) cough.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Probably the most luck we'll get in one game.

Maguire should have been sent off and then he never scores that goal.

2 ruled out goals were very fine margins.

We did ok and were probably good value for the win. Why cant we look as solid against shit teams?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Got lucky with the Maguire decision and the first VAR rule out which could easily have stood.
Agreed, but I think it's also important to note we should have had a penalty after that foul on Fred. The foul may have started outside the box but it continued into the box before it bought him down, so that should have been a penalty not a freekick. So while we did get the advantage in terms of the referee decisions it didn't go all our way. 2:1 in terms of the big decisions.

acnumber9

Didn't look a threat yet hit post and scored two goals which were very close calls albeit the right calls.

And Kovacic n Bashuayi missed good chances too.
Two set pieces. For some reason it’s easier to score goals when you foul somebody and you’re in an offside position. De Gea didn’t make a save worth talking about in the whole game.

Infra-red

I'm always baffled by posters that think they know better than trained, professional refs.

A Panel of referees looked at the same (or better) images as us. But no, the caf knows better....
Professional refs get it wrong all the time, including tonight. Nothing new.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I loved the high five Maguire gave to that fan during the celebrations :lol:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I like the ref. Can we have him again?

simmee

Don't know if I'm imagining things but thought the teamspirit looked a lot better. A really good away performance against a top 6 side. Loved Martial knocking Christensen out (even if it was unintentional) and then score a goal in the next duel against him.

Hughie77

Deserved 3 pts, thought Chelsea were not that good, even with there 2 VAR goals ruled out, and correctly even if I don't like it.
Bially was excellent for his first game back. Fred again was immense, but I've given motm to Bially just because this was a massive game to come back. And Bruno we got a set piece taker with quality, hope there's more to come, oh wouldn't it have been nice for Ingalo to take that chance.

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 53% of 406 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 384.07692307692 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw