PL W FA Premier League

Chelsea 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 17 February 2020

tjb

People need to come to terms with the fact that alot of our players aren't good. Ighalo came in already and you can see the pressure he commands. We've had teams with O'shea, Silvestre, Brown and Welbeck and when you watch those players you can see the ability to make passes with urgency and a lack of ability to control and retain possession.

Red00012

I’ve been saying it for a while I want Lindelof out of that team. Now Bailly did ok considering it’s his 1st game in 10 months.

TheReligion

Abusive
People need to come to terms with the fact that alot of our players aren't good. Ighalo came in already and you can see the pressure he commands. We've had teams with O'shea, Silvestre, Brown and Welbeck and when you watch those players you can see the ability to make passes with urgency and a lack of ability to control and retain possession.
What you on about

Robaldo

AWB, Maguire, and Fernandes all great positives and us winning without Rashy, McTominay, and the virus all on top of that..

But we should play more positively against a team that there for the taking.

I'm opening myself up to people saying 'Some people can't be pleased' but if we're to aim for the top then leaving the outcome that contentious is not the level we should go for.

Neo_Mufc

Really shocked but ridiculously happy.

I don't think Chelsea did themselves any favours by trying to play us on the counter especially at home.

Neo_Mufc

Bailly is a liability mate.
He reminds me of the Monk from Mean Machine.

He has these moments of brilliance then out of nowhere you see a sub zero slide tackle clattering into the opponent.

Has potential but needs some more composure.

arthurka

Fred fantastic, Bruno adds quality. Harry is starting to look like a captain.
Hard work and a bit of luck won the game.
Hope we don´t loose against Watford now.

RedCurry

It was a huge moment in the game to be fair.
It was also an off the field incident. There was plenty of stuff pundits can discuss that happened over the 90 mins actually on the field. I turned the tv off after three boring ex players kept repeating themselves over and over again.

SteveW

He reminds me of the Monk from Mean Machine.

He has these moments of brilliance then out of nowhere you see a sub zero slide tackle clattering into the opponent.

Has potential but needs some more composure.
He is what he is. A poor defender who gets an easy ride due to being good to watch. Easy on the eye but way too mistake prone at this level. He's not going to change at this stage.

RedCurry

I loved that sweet moment in the post-match interview when Maguire called Bruno a leader and Bruno looked at him for a split second with pride like “yeah exactly, I am a leader, thanks for noticing chief!”

Gasolin

I loved that sweet moment in the post-match interview when Maguire called Bruno a leader and Bruno looked at him for a split second with pride like “yeah exactly, I am a leader, thanks for noticing chief!”
Hah I haven’t seen it but I love the spirit already.

Devil may care

The back 3 and Fred were superb, I like the 3-5-2 for us, both headers were excellent and Chelsea's goals were rightly ruled out. I still thought we were lacking in attack though, nothing much from the front 3.

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

Sorry, what?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Azpilicueta , one of the most dislikeable opposition players in the league.

Dante

Average bang
Interesting tactics today.

We played Wilder-esque overlapping centrebacks, with Shaw and Bailly getting forward alongside Williams and Wan-Bissaka. The defence was mostly good, I thought.

Decent showing from the midfield, too. Fred and Matic were steady, if uninspiring. Bruno wasn't quite as effective, but he's still growing into the side and there were encouraging signs of what's to come.

Martial and James needed to do more up front. Neither held up the ball or ran the channels effectively. Though to their credit, James was very good with his pressing and Martial's movement for the goal was something Chicharito would have been proud of. Both decent only in flashes.

Some very positive signs from Ighalo. I'd start him up front alongside Martial in the next game. James isn't a (split-)striker. Though nor is Martial, to be fair. But at least the latter can finish.

All in all, it was a good day's work.

Irrational.

So you were fine when we sold japp stam.?

lysglimt

Scout
How many goals difference will Bruno's set pieces make during one season ? 10 ?

BestRed

Big big result for us tonight in the race for top 4, especially with them and spurs playing the weekend. Weird the shittiest manager in the league adds another win to the list against the top 6 teams.

RedCurry

How many goals difference will Bruno's set pieces make during one season ? 10 ?
I’d say about 5. We aren’t the best team aerially in general. Once you’ve marked Maguire you’ve eliminated 90% of our indirect set-piece threat. But maybe he can rack up direct free-kick goals, looks quite capable.

Cantonagotmehere

I'm always baffled by posters that think they know better than trained, professional refs.

A Panel of referees looked at the same (or better) images as us. But no, the caf knows better.... How the hell should Zouma's goal have stood?
He freaking shoved him down when the ball was coming at him. How the feck was that not a foul that led to a goal? People are weird.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
I could only watch the match on my phone, intermittently because I was in work. Lucky enough to see our 2 goals live, however apart from that, every time I looked at my phone, Fred was on the ball, or just winning it back. He must have been immense.

Great result.

R'hllor

3pts, good win, performance was crap as in most games, got lucky with that red card situation, he should walk, maybe being English helped and think Kante injury helped us too. All in all really good win if you watch a game via livescore.

Fitchett

Great performance for a thoroughly deserved win tonight. All the team played really well, with Bailly, Maguire and Fernandes the stand out players. Bailly's presence in the opponent's box helped Maguire to get a clearer run at the ball, with excellent deliveries from Fernandes. All three VAR decisions were correct, with an excellent referee tonight. On to Thursday and Sunday now!

Cantonagotmehere

The fan-favorite manager who is clearly out of his depth is Frank Lampard. Has Frank been getting the grief that Ole has been getting?

Anyway enjoyed this match, there was a simmering physical danger. I like seeing the players get close to the line where emotions spill over.

Impressed with Bruno, Williams, Bailly, and Fred. Bruno was the best player on the pitch for both sides. I am excited to see how Bruno's influence shapes this team. In the first half he got into really good spaces a dozen times, made great runs that dragged their backs out of position - and we couldn't find him with the ball. His passing and reading of the game are excellent. There was a pass in the first half where he was near the center circle and split two Chelsea players with a raking through ball to (I think) Martial. The vision and technique were Scholesian.

I didn't think Maguire's incident should have been a red card. It's different from the Son incident, in that Son was not in danger of having Rudiger fall on him, he was on flat ground, and he raised his foot about, what, a foot? Maguire was on the steep edge next to the pitch and Zouma or whoever it was looked like he was about to fall on him. He also moved his foot a few inches. To me that's enough of a difference and it was the correct decision.

On Willian's dive in the first half, look at his left leg. The right leg does get contact with Bruno's leg, but Willian throws his left leg out to go to ground, and that's what the referee likely saw. Correct to book him.

I would have liked the subs earlier, with Ighalo given a little more time, and I would have played Mata. When Ighalo got the ball he showed great close control and composure, just a shame he couldn't have scored with his first shot. I think he will be a useful forward. Was Greenwood injured?

I don't know why we can't have Mata and Bruno together, two incredibly intelligent players.

Martial's header was great, and AWB's cross was superb.
Great post

littleman

That was great! Good job to Ole and the team. Football wasn't good to watch but winning works.

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 53% of 406 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 384.07692307692 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw