PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Chelsea

Post-match discussion

Sat, 24 October 2020

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Solid st the back. That’s all I want to see this early in the season (spurs never happened). Relatively happy.

Fracture90

That smirk at the end is haunting, looked like he was playing for the draw. Lineup certainly suggested that was the case.

In the end, no penalty, no party...

Kinky Melinky

Both teams defended very well. We had the clear cut chances and Mendy pulled off some fantastic saves. One of those shots crept in and it could have been very different. On the whole we will feel more aggrieved, however it is still a good result to get a point against a team that will cause other teams in the title race problems.

VP

It just feels like our trajectory under Ole will always be a cycle of one step forward, one sideways (today), one backward.

King Eric 7

Lots of disappointment on the caf tonight but I think we played OK, especially defensively and tested their keeper a few times. Chelsea came to defend and did a very good job.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It was broadly shit to watch.

Ole better go out to attack Arsenal. We treated Chelsea like they were Bayern Munich at the Allianz today for fecksake.

RedIan

Bore draw - we were solid but far to cautious first half. Chesea looked there for the taking 2nd half but we didnt step up.
Feel sorry for VDB he looks a quality player and cant get a game.

Tony247

Ole should have played VDB in place of James. At least he is a goal threat and makes good runs in the box.

siw2007

Difficult game that could have gone either way. We should be aiming to win our home games but with conceding 9 in 2, maybe a 0 0 is a step in the right direction. It was a tough start, plenty of endeavour but little quality on the ball, I thought it was a penalty on Maguire, very odd that it wasn't given but I thought Rashford was tripped at the other end so kind of evened out. Both teams had chances but felt we could have won that if their keeper wasn't in inspired form.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought we were the better side and Chelsea played for a clean sheet, their mindset seemed to be if they scored then it was a bonus but if not they were happy with a 0-0.

Selection-wise, James is an odd one and like a lot of others, cant understand why he is in the side but we have such a lack of wide midfielders it makes it difficult unless we go 3-5-2 (which we maybe should have).

I'd potentially have taken that result prior to kick off, but now i think we could/should have won it.

For Ole, a loss would have been disastrous for him and would have really seen things turn against him so a cautious approach made sense.

Red Royal

Missed opportunity, I think they were there for the taking. I hope the Dan James experiments are over and he has to prove himself off the bench/easier cup games etc.

Glad the Dave has a clean sheet eventually. Still miffed that Martial was banned fo that flick.

Joseunited

Keeper saved them but Ole fecked that up with starting lineup. Daniel James is shambolic. Cavani is gonna be shit hot though. Thank God.

Judas

Open to offers
The lineup was frighteningly negative for a home game, I don't care we're playing Chelsea, we shouldn't be setting up to have a half like we did in that first half.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Crap game. Neither side really went for it but at least Ole tried in last 20 mins:

In overall context happy with the point and clean sheet.

Fooza

Feck off.

We were the better team but it was a tight game. Frustrated but we are going to be a force this season. Cavani and Pogba are just about to get match fit, once they get there we have a great squad.
:lol: Not that I'm a Pogba supporter, but yeah he really will get match fit sitting on the bench every game....

leontas

Both managers could’ve agreed to a 0-0 before the game and saved us the wasted 90 mins. Cowardly setup from both. Chelsea were there for the taking and yet we gave them the easiest game of their season. Bar the 2 Rashford chances, we rarely threatened. And a lot of that has to do with Ole’s decisions today. How can he go from the PSG masterclass to this is beyond me. And that smile at the end was just the cherry on the proverbial shit cake tonight.

hobbers

Spineless approach from both sides. All looked delighted to come off the pitch with a clean sheet. Well yeah, if you dont even try to attack that's what will happen.

7 points from 5 games. Maybe we can repeat this trick in the next two and make it 9 from 7. On course for a 50 point season at that rate.

I thought Marcus had won it right at the death. It was a very good save by Mendy.

Slow start, but we grew into the game without every being particularly good. It was a far more professional performance than Palace and Spurs and it's a clean sheet. I'm not too despondent at the draw. We had a huge let off with the Maguire penalty decision, however, and it could easily have been a third successive home defeat. I thought Maguire had a good game actually, but he's always likely to do something stupid.

Today does make me think we're getting closer to where we need to be; we certainly seemed fitter and faster. We still have a long distance to travel, but there's potential in the squad. Take the point and look for further improvement in the coming weeks.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Players fist pumped, laughing, and hugging each other after a Draw at home game against rival.

And manager looked happy with the home Draw also.

Am I the only one that kinda pissed off seeing this?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
AWB on the ball is simply tragic. He literally fecked up everything going forward today, be it simple passes or anything else with his clumsiness.

At a point he was through his FB but than clumsily just jumbled up his legs and collapse. Fecking disaster going forward or on the ball.

Judas

Open to offers
Chelsea were there for the taking, we've seen how their defence is. Even when we got more attackers on, I never truly had much confidence in us scoring.

Godfather

We were decent. If only we had fullbacks that could provide going forward. Oh wait we have one....

Irwin99

A point is not a bad result for either team but very uninspiring to watch. Fred and Mctom are a good defensive midfield pair but there's not a lot of creativity in the team if Bruno has an off day (and he had an off day). Maguire and Lindelof did well.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
They were there for the taking IMO.
Weird team selection by Ole I thought. Dan James needs a loan or a sale in January.

Siorac

Chelsea came for the point and got it fairly comfortably.

I'm not sure what our plan was. Can't have been a great one.

GMoore23

Taking Mata off really was a weird one. Was one of the few players out there trying to link up and make things happen. James and one of Mctominay/Fred would have been a better decision. I would have preferred VDB over Cavani also as Cavani was nowhere near sharp enough to be thrown in a game of this importance.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Both managers got what they wanted, which is a point and no injuries. Although Frank will be more happy with a draw, as we were close to scoring a couple of times.

We lost our shape after taking off Mata and playing whatever formation that was supposed to be (Bruno on the right though?). Wan Bissaka collapsed, not sure what we expected him to do and sure as feck he didn't know that even more.

It's weird time for Manchester United to have nobody who can crosss the ball.

We all knew we will be in trouble for not signing a proper winger, just didn't know those issues will hit us so soon. Greenwood must've really fecked up if James is getting in ahead of him. I will spare Dan as it's on Ole if he thinks he's ready for premier league, let alone a top club.

2 points lost, and it's on Ole. Too much respect for Chelsea.
Agreed. Taking Mata off killed us for the following 20 minutes or so

thepolice123

Decent performance. Chelsea were set up to nick the draw. They defended deep and employed tight man-marking in midfield. We really struggled to find spaces in between the lines. Defence was a positive today, I thought it was superb and stopped practically every counter-attack.

Woodzy

Good second half but we were afraid to lose at the end of the day.

James should be done here tbh, and Pogba has played his way back into the team I reckon.

kirk buttercup

I'm baffled. Against Chelsea you start Dan James and Mata while Pogba , Greenwood, Cavani and VdB sit on the bench? and you dont play VDB at all ! PSG was very good management of the game today was the exact opposite. We spend 40 million on VDB and Dan James plays 55 minutes where he does absolutely nothing . This was piss poor , We dont even put Telles on the bench? He would have got the ball into Cavani and we win that game. I am Baffled how Ole is smiling at the end of that. Dan James looks out of his depth and honestly Ole did today too .

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 286 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Man Utd 2:1 Chelsea
  • 18% Man Utd 3:1 Chelsea