PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Chelsea

Post-match discussion

Sat, 24 October 2020

tenpoless

The plan was to hit Chelsea on the break. Ole, like 100% of Caf's posters surely understand that Chelsea bought some of the best talents in world football this summer, and going on a very offensive tactic against a team that can quite possibly end you if your centerbacks arent fast enough. We put on the team that was best suited to null out Chelsea's very, very good offensive playters.

And quite frankly it worked very well.

When we started Pogba last at home we lost 6-1 v Tottenham. VDB is not a CDM, Fred plays very well with McTominay so no reason to break them up after the PSG game, and Bruno always plays. So VDB goes on the bench, Cavani has hardly played football in forever and was never going to start regardless.

We didn't win the game which was dissapointing. But we could have lost the game with a different team on. Or won 5-0. We just can't know that.

We didn't lose. We're 1W 1D in a month that has us playing Arsenal and Leipzig this week.

We're 3-1-1 in the last 5.

Just chill the feck out.
I don't need that, maybe you do. You brought up all sort of stuffs to justify Ole playing James (including the fact that we lost 6-1 under a completely different circumstance) which was the only thing I criticized. Weird. The simple question is, why not play Mason instead?

Look, Ole can't be the all perfect manager. The criticism for starting James is reasonable enough. No need to try to justify the decision, the result or other bad results because "we could have lost or win (hi Michael Owen) but we didn't know" or "atleast we didn't lose". It was a weird decision, that's all. And what's weirder is you saying "surely 100% of the caf understands that... we put on a team that was best suited to null out Chelsea" followed with "we just can't know that if we're going to ... ".

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
He's so scared of losing since Spurs. And he knew he couldn't risk losing at home again. That's why he had his big smile, he was so happy with himself. You could just see it.
No you couldn't, that wasn't why he was smiling at all. You realise that smiling is not something that exclusive to happiness right? You've literally made all that up based on something you've misunderstood.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I don't need that, maybe you do. You brought up all sort of stuffs to justify Ole playing James (including the fact that we lost 6-1 under a completely different circumstance) which was the only thing I criticized. Weird. The simple question is, why not play Mason instead?
Mason was either returning from injury or (less likely) from being disciplined. Either way it's understandable not throwing him straight back in from the start.

Mickson

No you couldn't, that wasn't why he was smiling at all. You realise that smiling is not something that exclusive to happiness right? You've literally made all that up based on something you've misunderstood.
How do you know that? You don't smile right after a bad result. No one does. Except for Ole, because he has lower your standard. Come back when you realize that I'm right and you're wrong.

crossy1686

career ending
How do you know that? You don't smile right after a bad result. No one does. Except for Ole, because he has lower your standard. Come back when you realize that I'm right and you're wrong.
I'll repeat what I said earlier. This is easily the worst take on this entire forum...

croadyman

Matic, Fred, and McTominay can all play as DM. You can argue their quality all day but we have limited finances and a board who takes three months per deal. We rightly focused on other areas - and still struggled. It’s going to take time to get really quality players in every position, this club is never going to do a Chelsea and replace half the squad in one window. I really think this squad is starting to look good, but we have to accept it’s going to take time.
Yeah with RW being an example of that as we signed two inexperienced ones rather than one of each which would have given us someone to slot straight in in that side

yamo123x

Still hope we go in for Grealish, he is exactly what this team is missing, he can move forward with the ball and commit players.... playing pogba on the right is not the answer, and at this point id rather spend money on grealish and not Sancho.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I think the month of November will determine both Ole's and Frank's future at both United and Chelsea. If the teams do not start putting some wins together, Christmas might not be so festive in either's household.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Read through the forum and performance threads - he's being scapegoated.

Agree he's in bad form. What we have to acknowledge is there is many factors which contribute to that - it's not as black and white as people are making out.

Just slating him and calling him not good enough is lame and poor. What else could Ole do? Martial banned, Greenwood not match fit, Cavani not match fit, Pellistri only ready for reserves....... Already playing Mata who is past his best by some years.

Argument he could have played Donny but he's not a wide forward so i dont see the logic there.

This is the exact reason Ole wanted Sancho - to provide competition and quality along the front 3 forward positions. We are paying the price for the boards incompetence and putting the blame in the wrong place
I have read most of the comments, but please show me exactly where you observed this:
" AWB cant cross? Must be Dan James fault. Rashford missed a sitter? Must be Dan James fault McTom/Fred cant pass the ball forward? Obviously Dan James fault. Etc etc "

Ole could've played the exact formation we've used against PSG, just swap Martial for Greenwood so it's not like there were no options. He chose James so that's his responsibility in the end.

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 286 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Man Utd 2:1 Chelsea
  • 18% Man Utd 3:1 Chelsea