PL D FA Premier League

Chelsea 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 28 November 2021

stevoc

Are people really complaining about the performance?

Considering the form we've been in, 3 of the first choice back 4 out and having no manager that's a good result and a decent defensive performance.

Some will never be happy no matter who the manager is.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
We actually looked like a team. Ronaldo's sub was a bit pointless, vDB one was too late.

Liked the mentality, the drive and hunger. Chelsea felt uncomfortable at times. At their home. Nice job!

Trequarista10

Good result in the end.

I weirdly quite enjoy these backs against the wall, defend for our lives and counter attack performances.

Thought McTominay and Fred both played well which was refreshing, Bruno, Sancho, Matic and Bailly too. Rashford poor, Telles conservative, AWB a mixed bag, Lindelof's brain fart early on to let Hudson Odoi through is all I can remember him doing.

Blake's 7

At the start of the game if you'd offered me 1-1 I'd have taken it without hesitation- think most others would too tbh

HailtotheKing

Bringing Ronaldo on was a mistake. Rashford was poor, as was Bruno. Fred was very good, bar that awful shot. Had he slipped it to Jesse, we would have won.
Stupid bringing on Ronaldo when we were starting to get hold of the game. Really dumb unless Sancho was out of gas or took a knock. Felt like a pre-decided sub to give him 30. Jess was offside?

Xaviboy

Hopefully Ragnick come in now and we see bit of a difference especially when we're on the ball.

::sonny::

All good, but wrong timing for the subs

Sancho changed too early
Bruno changed too late
Ronaldo, not his kind game, should not have been involved at all

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Are people really complaining about the performance?

Considering the form we've been in, 3 of the first choice back 4 out and having no manager that's a good result and a decent defensive performance.

Some will never be happy no matter who the manager is.
Same people were probably predicting a hammering prior to kickoff

Never happy

Djemba-Djemba

Sky actually thinking Carrick has done well. Yeah, less shite than the previous shite, but still shite.
Won away in Spain and won us the group then got a point away at the team top of the league.

Considering the fecking mess we are I'd say he's exceeded expectations.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
I take the point, but hopefully this is the last time we play this negative shit fotball. When City, Pool and Chelsea play each other, they always play good offensive risk taking fotball. We also did this with Ferguson. That is the United DNA

Water Melon

Bruno has been really poor in majority of big PL games. He is like Lukaku in that aspect.

jackal&hyde

Was honestly expecting a loss, even by a significant margin. So you would think that a draw is ok. But no, I'm gutted we didn't win.

All things considered, good game. Next time we go to the scum we batter them please.

TheReligion

Abusive
Some of you are so irritating. Thank God you'll never step foot in Old Trafford.

Club is at its lowest ebb, no manager, Carrick trying to keep it together and zero player confidence.

Getting a positive result at top of the table Chelsea away from home and you're still moaning. Feck off :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
considering the form of the 2 sides i’m happy with a point for sure.

wasn’t pretty at times but the grit we showed was pleasing.

Let’s hope we can kick on now and start getting some wins under our belt

tjb

One clear fact, we can't play 3 of Matic, Mctominay and Fred together. We had no ball progression whatsoever through the middle.

lysglimt

Scout
Given how we’ve been this season, it’s a good result. Shocking how much better we are defensively since Ole left. We actually look well organised in shape and pressing. Nothing amazing but miles better than we have been.
It has to do with players working again, .

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Great point at Bridge but should have won that. Smash and grab.

How the feck did Bruno last 90 mins ? Why was Sancho taken off ? If you are bringing Ronaldo, bring someone who can pass the ball from midfield. Donny should have come on for Scott.

Anyways, if you had offered me a point before the start of the game, I would have bitten your hands off. So all good.

Withnail

A point away against the league leaders with a defensive performance and Carrick finishes up unbeaten.

With how the season is gone and Rangnick coming in before the next game I can't complain too much. Let's hope Rangnick can hit the ground running and it doesn't take too long to get the team playing his way.

Telsim

Carrick's two games have convinced me he is good enough to remain on the coaching staff and learn from Rangnick. But I sure hope we eventually do get Rangnick in this club before I pass away from old age.

Dike_Manc

Can't get over the fact that Rashford was still running into an offside position when they were clear for the goal. Could it be that this guy has no idea how the concept of offside works?
Anyway good result, I'll take Carrick over Ole any day.

Baneofthegame

Also as a side note, Rudiger is possibly the most shithouse player in the league, one day someone will give him retribution.

united for life

Positives:

- de gea in form again
- fred outstanding today
- sancho great fake and then shoot
- bailly-lindelof looked solid
- VDB has a future as a postman

negatives:

- full backs not good enough
- mctominay….when will he make a forward pass?
- bruno sloppy at times
- rashford needs to work harder or be droppeda

Delano

Wasn't a great performance at all, but they dug in. Results wise, got to give Carrick and the players credit for grinding out the points when our confidence was on the floor.

Bring on Ralf.

BlueHaze

That chance Fred had when their goalkeeper gave him the ball.... The guy has no pressure on him and can pass it to Ronaldo but decides to just casually lump the ball into the goalkeepers hands. Made my blood boil. Such an annoying player to watch.

Ixion

Seaason high number of blocks and tackles for us this season.

Spoony

The People's President
Some of you are so irritating. Thank God you'll never step foot in Old Trafford.

Club is at its lowest ebb, no manager, Carrick trying to keep it together and zero player confidence.

Getting a positive result at top of the table Chelsea away from home and you're still moaning. Feck off :lol:
Twitter Reds.

HailtotheKing

Great point and great for morale and team spirit. Woulda been crushed to have lost that. Donny should’ve come on earlier though. Such composure. Can’t wait till he’s a feature in our side. 15 or so corners and no really great chances conceded. We defended well.

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 301 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 17% Chelsea 2:0 Man Utd
  • 12% Chelsea 2:1 Man Utd