EL D Europa League Round of 32 - 1st Leg

Club Brugge 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 20 February 2020

RedDevilRoshi

Only positives to take from that are we didn’t get beat, got an away goal, Martial’s positive performance and Bruno’s cameo (except the free-kick).

Rest of that was fecking boring and very poor all round.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Utterly awful match. Martial and Bruno a level of quality above the rest

Denis79

Brugge are terrible, I was actually worried about this tie, we'll destroy them at home. That said our 2nd string isn't much better :lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Arrogant team selection. Furious at that lineup and the performance did nothing to justify it. Three games into Bruno’s United career and we shoehorn Pereira, Mata and Lingard into an XI. Do you want to be here next season or not, Ole?

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Who cares. We need to focus on top 4, if we win the Europa then even better

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Poor game. Poor performance. In the wider context of the season though, have to be satisfied with that. Ole gambled with the team selection and got a result. Hard to see Brugge troubling us too much at Old Trafford

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We're piss poor team to watch. As bad as it was under LvG, Jose or Moyes.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Given we played the trinity (Andreas/Lingard/Mata) a draw was the best we could hope for

joedirt87

fantastic assist from De Cuyper. boring, mediocre performance but a decent result to take back to Old Trafford, and some starters got rested.

El Zoido

Our team lacks so much quality outside of the first XI. If we have everyone fit for the rest of the season we might be alright, but realistically any time Ole rotates the squad we’re going to see more of this.

Still, draw and away goal in a two legged European fixture is a solid result.

FlapR

Meh I'll take it considering the team and the weather. Should batter them next week.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Bruno did everything right except the free kicks :lol:

Meh. Start him on the return leg.

Only saw towards the end so can't say too much.

Lingard was awful. Should never have started.

wolvored

Poor match, livened up by Bruno. Hope the penny drops with Ole and he realises you cant play Mata Lingard and Periera in the same side. All are woefully poor and need selling or given away end of the season

RedIan

Very poor first half aar Martial excellent goal. once he scored we looked better and then improved further in the second half. Once Bruno came on we looked far more threatening and played some decent football in the last 10-15 mins And really should have gone on to win it. - a real off night for Williams, he looked knackered in the latter stages Too.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Arrogant team selection. Furious at that lineup and the performance did nothing to justify it. Three games into Bruno’s United career and we shoehorn Pereira, Mata and Lingard into an XI. Do you want to be here next season or not, Ole?
You are aware that we played Chelsea away 3 days ago and play again in 3 days. It's called squad management. Have to look at the bigger picture

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Given we played the trinity (Andreas/Lingard/Mata) a draw was the best we could hope for
Seriously. First order of any business should be to get our squad to a situation where none of them are even squad players. So far off standard.

jasT1981

Bruno and Fred are going to be great together. Add in McT and do we really need Pogba?

An away draw with an away goal, can't complain I guess. Should really have won it. I do see us winning at home. both disappointed and satisfied at the same time.

Pjisared

If you didn’t already know that is Ole’s plan B
Pick your worst players .......Lindelof,Pereira,Lingard,Mata,Delot,and build your team around them.

Stadjer

Should be a good position to make it into the next round.... it wasnt pretty though. Not that you could expect much good football with Pereira and Lingard.

Steven-UK

I thought this game was on at 8pm, then the wife shouted up that the game was on , watched the last 5 minutes....... pleased I missed it. It would have been an hour and half wasted from my life.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Happy enough with that. Played well within ourselves and conserved energy. Second leg at home we'll field a stronger side and go through fairly easy.

Gator Nate

A 1-1 draw on the road? I'll take it. I mean, c'mon... at one point, hail was falling on the pitch. With a more adept lineup at home, this tie should work out just fine. Now we have a pretty solid, rested squad for Watford.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
You are aware that we played Chelsea away 3 days ago and play again in 3 days. It's called squad management. Have to look at the bigger picture
There’s more than one way to rotate a side.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Players like Gomes will be wondering why the is not getting game time ahead of Lingard.
Aweful performance

baskinginthesun

Pitch seemed heavy both teams struggled to string passes together. Martial took his goal well and I though Shaw actually had a good match.

Glad to see Ole go for it in the last 15 minutes. 1-1 is a fair result.

thepolice123

Expected result given the lineup. We have plenty of players who wouldn't look out of place in Brugge.

Okey

Creditable result, given the heavy rotation. Scrappy game. Brugges are no mugs. Went 2 nil up before conceding 2 to draw at the Bernabeu this season. We'd do well to be switched on next week, but should get the job done.

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 209 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brugge win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Brugge 0:2 Man Utd
  • 16% Brugge 1:1 Man Utd