PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Wed, 20 April 2016

Baxter

Should've been 4 or 5. Very annoying that we still can't put a few past someone.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Glory glory man united still ringing in my ears. They used to only play this after huge wins in the CL now they do it every game to create an atmosphere or drown out the boos.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Better performance than Villa but really should have been more clinical and score 2-3 more, easily. Palace players except GK played like they were there just to make up numbers.

Dobbs

I didn't think it could get easier than Villa at home. That was like a practice game. Which is just what we needed before the semi.

Robbie Boy

Joke is on Barca tonight; those losers waste their time with 8 goals while we score 2 and still get the same amount of points. Goals are totes overrated.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Boooooooooooooooring. As usual. Palace there, asking to be smashed basically. One of those days where the opponents put in 0 effort and don't care if they lose or get hammered, and yet we only get an own goal and a left footed volley from a fullback. 3 points, sure, and onto the semi final where we should win as Everton are also shite, but seriously... It's so underwhelming and depressing watching Van Gaal's sides. The fans blatantly can't be arsed as well because the play is so dead. Martial looked so good in the early stages but now more often then not just seems uninterested. Rashford is the only one who brings it to life a bit for us these days, and that's just because he's a youngster who hasn't been around LvG long enough to get the fun sucked out of him.

Decent performance, but we were only dominant and made chances because of how bad Palace were. Whatever, win is a win and we're 2 points off City now with probably easier fixtures. Just worried about even getting top 4 in the slight chance that Van Gaal will stay as that would be brutal for us.

Irrational.

Basically turned to casual mode immediately after the OG.

If we improved our play in the final third we could be a monstrous team. Our crossing and final passes are shocking.

And quit the short corners for fecks sake.

FujiVice

I bet those people who missed the game are going to be gutted they didnt see this goalfest.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Maybe it's because I first got high and then got laid this afternoon, but this match didn't depress me at all. I actually quite enjoyed it. Rashford showed some reaally good glimpses, Tony V was inspiring. Couple of decent attempts on target for a change. Not bad.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I literally don't care about our performances anymore since I expect nothing from us under van Gaal, 3 points are the most important.

Crystal Palace were absolutely terrible and embarrassing though, they should pay their fans who came to watch them. I bet their players would take the loss before the game just so they don't have to play it, just embarrassing stuff. They showed no attacking intent in the entire game, they were happy to defend when we were 2-0 even after 70 minutes.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The first game I've been able to watch the full 90 minutes of on SopCast without the stream getting taken down since about 2011. A massive result.

Oh, and something something 2-0 empty seats Darmian scorchio efefefefef Chris Waddle.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Solid win, still got hope of 4th. Just need to keep up pressure.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
We're miles behind on goal difference anyway so whatever, we still have a 10% chance of 4th, unfortunately means I will have to support United against Leicester.

Man-United

I bet their players would take the loss before the game just so they don't have to play it, just embarrassing stuff. They showed no attacking intent in the entire game, they were happy to defend when we were 2-0 even after 70 minutes.
They showed that all focus was on the FA Cup semi for them, rested most key players.

Btw, what's about the MK Dons? You support them?

Raw

Honestly just the kind of performance I expected considering the game this weekend. Just a nice comfortable 2-0 to conserve energy.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
That City vs Arsenal game at the back end of the run in will be a massive game for our top 4 hopes.

But all we can do is keep winning and all that matters is wins now until the end of the season.

Natener

3pts and we controlled the match. Would have liked more out of the game but we haven't got that all season so I'm used to it now.

Devil may care

It was like watching a pre-season friendly, dead atmosphere and very little excitement, especially once Rashford went off.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Much better than Saturday

Created chances and should have won far more comfortably

Wasnt a great game by any stretch but satisfactory

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Palace were there for a hammering tonight and on that front we failed to deliver unsurprisingly. Still, we got the 3 points and with City dropping a couple last night, our hopes of a top 4 finish remain intact, albeit remotely.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 283 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 1:0 Crystal Palace
  • 24% Man Utd 2:0 Crystal Palace