PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 24 August 2019

Rista

Everything is pretty much the same as last season. We are capable of beating good teams but also capable of losing to anyone. Lack of consistency and overall quality. We'll finish 4th and miles from City and Liverpool once again.

Kounan

Posters on here told us that we're shit going forward because of Smalling and Jones. That having 2 CBs comfortable on the ball was our biggest weakness and why we cant play well.

Now we have 2 CBs comfortable on the ball, we're shit going forward and the defense is struggling
Because now we have 2 CBs who are good on the ball, but for getting that, we have lost pace, which you need and we still have one CB who can't had. Our midfield is not good enough to have to slow CBs as our possesion will not be that big, but also not that effective.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Absolute gash. No creativity at all in the final third. We looked static for 90% of the game.

I bloody hope we don't miss out on top 4 by 3 or less points because of this. Palace at home should be a banker if we have any aspirations to be a good club again.

ForeverUnited93

Can call me a drama queen, mr. negative etc etc, facts are it’s season over, why? Because we failed to rectify glaring problems with the squad, and continue to see the same shit again. This team is incapable of creating anything, it’s disgraceful. We’re going to se plenty of these performances at home again, which we’ve been seeing for the past 4+ years anyway, so nothing new.

Hope the guys enjoy Europe League because that’s the comp we will be in for some time, that’s a mediocre comp but it suits this very mediocre club. No ambition, no desire, no direction, clueless.

IT ALL starts with Woodward, and filters down. Ole out of his depth.

R'hllor

Not worth of loosing nerves. Lingard the number 10, the bus breaker. What a joke. Penalty taker situation pure circus, whole universe was waiting our next penalty to see who will take it, like after everything Pogba would take that ball away.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Solsjkaer will probably get the blame, and he's by no means perfect.
But if he goes we will continue to see results like this with the same key players making mistakes for whoever replaces him.
The referees abysmal performance was second only to David De Gea.
No keeper should be letting that in, his performances have been inconsistent at best and he should be looking to try and earn a contract at United; not haggling over a better deal.
Beyond that we were average again, the young Daniel James being the only real highlight for us in the match.
Fed up.

PieCrust

Feels like LVG's United. Tons of possession, no final product. Pogba is the only creative force on the team and he can't do it alone.

Lingard is terrible and really shows how far we've fallen that he the Manchester United first choice #10.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
4 coaches since Fergie - each very different from one another and no improvement. The only common thread during that period is Woodward.
Oh absolutely. He's a massive problem with this club. I did't mean to absolve that cretin of blame that's for sure. But there is a coaching issue, too. We just cannot break down teams that lie deep. Been like it for years. Also picking the wrong managers don't help. Not saying get rid of Ole here or anything like that, but there's a definite issue with coaching.

Woodzy

James summed it up by celebrating an equaliser. That's who we are now. Wouldn't blame Pogba for leaving.
Give him a break. It was short lived and he is a young lad that's just come from playing for fecking Swansea to scoring goals for United at Old Trafford.

There are a million things to moan about with this game, this is definitely not one of them.

And for what it's worth, I think that the fact that someone as raw as Daniel James is starting games for us and actually one of our better players at the moment is a fecking disgrace in the grand scheme of things (which says more about the rest of our team than James himself).

Alek M

Da manic one
Let's be rational. Everyone can miss a penalty. So Pogba's miss from last week, it happens.

Daniel James was outstanding. Wan bisaka was good offensively buy he has to share guilt with Lindeloff and Maguire on the first goal and some guilt on the second.

On attack, since VanGaal have been playing this boring possession around the box where we move the ball feom side to side and opposing team know how to defend it.

Our counter attack is terrible,still.

Lingard had terrible first touch, Lukaku level.

Greenwood,while we all wanted him to start, this shows that youngsters can get lost out there. He was annonymous.

Martial had a poor game. James blossomed on the left.

Pogba still is the heart of our team, despite sometimes making too many touches unnecessary,like for their second goal.

There were too many Hollywood passes in the first half.

I loved our performance in the second half. Showed guts and determination.

The boys will be working extra hard and will use this as motivation for next week.

Amerifan

Ugh. That wasn’t a very a good showing against a poor Palace. We need a consistent playmaker and haven’t found one yet.

The Firestarter

Our team is rotten

DDG continues to lose us matches but is rewarded with the captaincy and a pay rise

Pogba on the winner for Palace – standard from him

James celebrating an equaliser like the Championship player that he is

And to take the biscuit – Ole grinning like a prick on the pitch at full time

The season already feels over
Bit harsh.

soralapio

The refereeing was also absolutely shocking, by the way. Cahill should 100% have gone when he fouled Martial at the edge of the box, as he was clean through on goal. You don't get a more nailed on red than that. He also bottled at least one yellow (hard tackle in the midfield, play waved on and then no yellow after the break), the yellow for James after he'd been kicked in the bloody knee, and a penalty, and those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.

You can have all the video assistants in the world and it won't fix things while this is an acceptable standard from a professional referee.

Sterling Archer

Can remember many games under Fergie like that, it’s not all doom and gloom :nono:
Do you recall remember winning just 3 of 16 games under Fergie? Was his start with United ever that bad ? I wasn't of football appreciating age until a bit later, so genuine question.

cantonaldo

It's one of those games that nothing goes right I feel. Palace had only two attacks and scored from two. We had a penalty and hit the post. Lady luck basically left us and what can we do? Having said that, for Young to cover Shaw in the top flight goes to show how crap our squad is at the moment. You can be sure that there are more games like this in the season so brace yourselves for a emotional, roller coaster of a ride.

Full bodied red

Time to show DDG that he isn't immune to being dropped.

No coincidence that Real or anyone else for that matter have tabled a bid for him this summer.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We don't seem to have a style of play at all. I cannot believe we hoof so many free kicks into the area. It's hail mary stuff really. When did City last hoof a free kick into the area? It's a short pass to the nearest player who knows that instinctively there will be runners around him looking to receive the ball. Pass and move. Perhaps our squad should watch the Amazon series?

Not enough quality up front, almost none at all in midfield, and De Gea making error after error. We are a mediocre top half of the table team with a few players with some potential and a few that need to be moved on, plus a couple who want to move on by the looks of things.

Needham

James has done more in a couple of games than Martial has shown his entire time here.

PureCantona7

Seriously what a ptake today, after the equaliser we wanted the game to finish? It was like we were torn, should we do the timewasting or palace???

I'm shocked, the min palace kickoff from the equaliser, we can't string two passes together?

It doesn't matter who the manager is even school kids would want to win from that point. These lot are mentally done.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Were pretty much what I expected from us this season.

Gonna finish 20/30 points off whoever wins the league, go out to the first decent side we face in the cups, maybe get far depending on the draw in europa league.

Squad is poor, team desire is poor, tactics poor.

My blame goes 80% glazer vampires, 15% woodward, 5% ole.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I mean on another day we win that 2/3-1.

Nevertheless, the fact we make a defensive calamity in the first half then seem to shrink after and as the game goes on is very worrying. No creativity and players looking scared on the ball. Same thing happened at Wolves after we conceded that worldie - I imagine that the same thing would have happened against Chelsea had Tammy scored early on.

I think we need to start blooding the young players so we can at least have some fun watching the team as I’m pretty sure we aren’t going to achieve anything this season. I’m tired of watching the likes of Lingard etc.

Smores

Wonder what the new set of excuses from the usual bunch will be after fitness and preseason prove to be bollocks.

Just being positive doesn't get you results and there's so few things to be positive about with this club anyway

Dyslexic Untied

Frustrating game.

Didn’ think we were poor but not taking our chances, not concentrating in defence and horrible ref decisions cost us. Maguire turned off completely for their first and Pogba shows why he is so frustrating for the second.

Godfather

Absolute gash. No creativity at all in the final third. We looked static for 90% of the game.

I bloody hope we don't miss out on top 4 by 3 or less points because of this. Palace at home should be a banker if we have any aspirations to be a good club again.
It will be more don't worry. Sancho sure can't wait to join us next season...

Matt007a

Mata should have come on at half time. He may be limited physically but he’s the only player other than Pogba who has the ability to pass through a team playing deep and defensively.

Missing two penalties in a row has cost us badly but we should have had one much earlier. I don’t understand how a VAR check can say no penalty on Martial. It wasn’t a 50/50 sort of challenge, it was just a really clear foul.

The defending for the opening goal was as horrendous as De Gea for the second.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I genuinely don't think I'm being unfair, I like James and he wouldn't be one of the people I'd complain about the most, but that rubbed me up the wrong way.

Pennywise

Utterly hopeless, directionless and devoid of urgency. The club is a mess. Some people on here were happy with the transfer window, comedy stuff

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 532 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 37% Man Utd 3:0 Crystal Palace
  • 29% Man Utd 2:0 Crystal Palace