PL D FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 03 March 2021

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Worst I've seen us in a long while. The only one to do well was Henderson, thanks to him we walk away unbeaten.

Bruno and Rashford, usually the difference makers, were poor today. Others were their usual mediocre selves,except Fred who was very poor.

Something seemed a bit off. Like there was no joy or desire to play, let alone win. Almost everyone seemed they'd rather be somewhere else.

Disappointed with the result but glad this drab affair is over.

Judas

Open to offers
Once again a shit team didn't even need to play well to get something against us. There was no heroics, no amazing goalkeeping display, we were blunt toothless and clueless.

Robindinho

Absolutely fecking pathetic. Where’s the urgency in our play?

Throw on Amad or change the system... nope, let’s just plod on.

Yet more silly dropped points, to add to Sheffield and West Brom games. Another 0-0 too, fantastic.

The Irish Connection

Woeful.
Only positive Henderson’s performance. We would have lost if de Gea was in.
But, it just shows what a lack of proper investment does. We’ve done well to be second. Cavani is good at times but he was never going to be the solution, he should be coming off the bench with 20 minutes to go. And we bought an 18 year old right winger who couldn’t come until January and will likely need at least a season to have any real influence.
Aside from that, Ole was way too late with the subs again.
Have to sign 3 top players down the spine of the team in the summer but I really doubt we will.

shabz

Manager has to take the blame there, 2 DMs against this current Palace team and then leaving it for 25 mins in to the second half to make a change. The decision to play Rashford and Bruno in the Europa league is looking as stupid now as it was back then as well.

Dobba

Ole has done a successful job of running our two main players into the ground recently in Marcus and Bruno. Sooner or later they were never going to continually bail him out.
Well he tried signing a midfield player to rotate with Bruno and he's turned out to be an absolute coward who most of the time he plays needs to be hauled off for Bruno, whilst Martial has stunk up the forward line wherever he has played. So who was he supposed to be playing in these must win league and CL games?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I though we had a big enough gap but are going to get caught aren’t we?
There is a chance. Luckily Chelsea go to Liverpool tomorrow, then they have Everton at home Monday, so somebody is going to drop points. I just cannot see where a win for us is coming from.

Red & White

I was really looking forward to this fixture a few weeks back, getting revenge for our awful result against them at the start of the season. Players didn’t seem to care, walking with the ball in the last few minutes, passing the throw to someone else. One point from six against these lot? Like others have said, it’s the expecting this now which makes it worse. That’s got to be the worst game of football I’ve ever seen. Sick of it now.

Sea-Cow

That second half was incredible. The weather must have been a factor, along with the crazy amount of games and the lads must be knackered, but words can't describe how dire that was.

They should all be embarrassed, but I get the impression that they don't give one F. Any why should they? They still get paid, they still have models for wives, so who cares if we finish 2nd or 5th.

Oldyella

Awful. Aside from Shaw and Henderson none of our players come out of that with any credit. I can take losing, it happens, bit we didn't even want to win, its 90 minutes of my life will never get back.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Looking forward to hearing why a team with Maguire, Fred, Pogba and Fernandes (4 players wanted by City that chose United instead) can't compete with City, and why it's City's oil money that's causing you to post a points average of 1.8 per game.

Infra-red

Manager has to take the blame there, 2 DMs against this current Palace team and then leaving it for 25 mins in to the second half to make a change. The decision to play Rashford and Bruno in the Europa league is looking as stupid now as it was back then as well.
Hi substitutions have always been diabolical. One of the weakest aspects of his management - his ability (or lack thereof) to influence games from the bench.

Roane

Absolutely fecking pathetic. Where’s the urgency in our play?

Throw on Amad or change the system... nope, let’s just plod on.

Yet more silly dropped points, to add to Sheffield and West Brom games. Another 0-0 too, fantastic.
DVB and amad et al, 100m on second string players

Mr.Kaya

Not good enough. Bruno has been a bit "off" the last matches and it clearly shows on the results. Been looking rather frustrated out on the pitch too. Without a Bruno and/or Pogba in shape, this team looks rather poor.

RedDevil250

We will regret heavily not going for Poch or Tuchel when we had the chance.

Schnappo

That was all a bit predictable wasn't it? We didn't come close to creating a chance let alone coming close to scoring a goal. Performance levels are extremely concerning right now. This is the 7th or 8th 0-0 of the season and have drawn 5 of our last 7 games - simply not good enough.

We can blame our attacking players for not getting enough goals this season but they're just not getting the chances. You can put Haaland in this team, he isn't scoring. We're absolutely dreadful in the middle of the park when in possession of the ball - we desperately need Pogba back.

I think there's an element where the players have just taken their foot off the pedal since that Everton result - that game really was the nail in the coffin for our title aspirations. Since then we've pretty much fallen off a cliff.

Barnslig

Up there with worst performance under Ole, for me. Absolutely shocking how bad we are at the moment. Marcus needs a good month on the bench, or out of the team completely, looks absolutely lost. Mason should also drop out for a while. Rest of the team absolutely useless. Henderson MOTM says it all really.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Very poor. ability, ambition and attitude (I'm especially looking at you Rashford).

if truly tiredness (as some have said), might as well have rested a couple tonight pre City... because we won't rest anyone (regardless of form it seems) for that.

Wouldve been better subbing p!ayers like Bruno on, if needed.

after recent results around us, massive missed opportunity

wish we'd had that Eze playing for us.

on to City. Yikes

United Hobbit

Someone on the match day thread made perhaps a good point that we almost need a loss to end this unbeaten away run to kick-start us again.

Someone needs to inform Ole, that in the grand scheme of things, an unbeaten away record means absolutely NOTHING if we finish outside the top 4. Will we be able to attract the top players we need? Will Bruno look at leaving? Oh but it won't matter as we have that away run!

Someone needs to light the world's biggest fire, or rocket, under Ole and coaching staff, the players and ultimately the board as I've long maintained Ole has taken us as far as he can and decisions need to be made.

Infra-red

Looking forward to hearing why a team with Maguire, Fred, Pogba and Fernandes (4 players wanted by City that chose United instead) can't compete with City, and why it's City's oil money that's causing you to post a points average of 1.8 per game.
I think we fell for City's elaborate ruse, there (thankfully, in the case of Fernandes).

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
What a stupid post!

youngrell

If you’d never seen Palace play before, you probably still wouldn’t know their keeper’s name.

That’s how bad we were.

rooney2009

Rooney,Zlatan,Lukaku,Martial and now Cavani can’t all be bad
We just have no plan b and create nothing when teams sit deep
No plan b,no change of system
We just keep doing the same thing
Poor poor coaching and management

G-manc

I think that was genuinely the worst game i've ever sat through - at any level. Special mentions for a whole new level of awful from Rashford & Fred.

How can Ole just stand on the sidelines with his hand in his pockets watching that?

jem

There comes a point where you have to call a spade a spade: Ole just isn't the manager to take us to the next level. He's done some good things, particularly in light of how toxic the end of the Mourinho era was, but we have looked utterly bereft of ideas lately (and this isn't the first time in his relatively short reign that we have gone through a prolonged phase of looking utterly clueless.) feck the whole 'Ole out' nonsense - the man is a cherished part of this team's history. But I just don't see him leading us to the promised land. The scary thing is I don't trust Woodward and co. to identify a better coach.

Mr.Kaya

Up there with worst performance under Ole, for me. Absolutely shocking how bad we are at the moment. Marcus needs a good month on the bench, or out of the team completely, looks absolutely lost. Mason should also drop out for a while. Rest of the team absolutely useless. Henderson MOTM says it all really.
The problem is though that we already got a underperforming Martial on the bench, so who would we replace Marcus and Mason with then? James isnt any better, neither is an aging Mata I reckon. Would've had to throw in Amad then?

OLLY ORANGE

Rashford so poor again. He can't play quick touch football.
His pace is best used when he's on the shoulder of the fullback.
Could you imagine Pep putting up with him in a city team, such a poor footballer.

Falcow

I'm willing to wager if we had started Lindelof instead of Rashford tonight he would have made more of an impact.

Bristol_Red_87

Easy to say we looked/are tired, and that's undoubtedly the case, but isn't that on Ole to bring players off the bench with time to make an impact?

People who jump to his defence need to understand he has his part to play when we play well and when we play poorly.

Yes the players are ultimately accountable, but to me he doesn't have it about him to make changes if a player is simply not at it.

You can argue we are very light off the bench at present, but McT and James at least brought energy to proceedings.

G Nevs probably would have got 90 minutes (or more likely sent off) at The Hawthorns in his final game under Ole.

Sentiment, not wanting to "rock the apple cart"...i don't know. But its got to change. At present, his in-game management is quite frankly horrible.

Barnslig

The problem is though that we already got a underperforming Martial on the bench, so who would we replace Marcus and Mason with then? James isnt any better, neither is an aging Mata I reckon. Would've had to throw in Amad then?
At this point, performance of whoever replaces him is close to irrelevant as Marcus himself adds feckall to the team, apart from calling our captain a knobhead and stinking up the place with his horrible attitude

Man of the Match

Dean Henderson image Dean Henderson 53% of 238 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 248 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw