PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 February 2023

Kostov

We played very similarly to how we played at their place actually. They were getting in the game before we managed to score a second goal which we failed in the away game. After the sending off we improved and Palace lacked the wonder strike to get them something. ETH took ages to do a change again.

NLunited

We played very similarly to how we played at their place actually. They were getting in the game before we managed to score a second goal which we failed in the away game. After the sending off we improved and Palace lacked the wonder strike to get them something. ETH took ages to do a change again.
Nonsense, we got the second goal, it was coming. Casemiro send off is why they got into the game only. No fecking other reason.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
First half yes, second not so much. We dominated the game in the start of the second half I think we could of scored more if not for the sending off.
At Selhurst we switched off right after the break and allowed them into the game.

Also how did we improve after the sending off ? We were all over the place until the changes.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Totally in charge before the appalling refereeing decision, I've always said Mariner was a horse's arse. some very good performances but I still don't think AWB is good enough - what is Dalot's injury? and clearly we still need a No.9

Chairman Steve

Funny how their fans sing about Greenwood 10 minutes in yet throw a bitch fit over some Cantona masks.

JG3001

Wish we were a bit better creating chances going forward. Before Casemiro got sent off, they really didn’t create much.

fecking Fred. He does some things so well (pressing in final third, movement in final third) and some things so poorly (defensive positioning, passing, slow on the ball). Eriksen is out and now we have Casemiro out for 3 matches. Sabitzer and Fred I presume… sigh .

At least Newcastle dropped points.
Weve been smashing Leeds with Fred and Mctominay in midfield before now. I’d rather he was still available, but look at the bright side, this red card couldn’t have come at a better time in terms of fixtures.

lex talionis

The decision that pisses me off more than the red card was the foul call by Sabitzer that was never a foul. Never a foul.

I have no idea if this is within the power of league officials, but the match ban should be reduced from from 3 matches to 1 match. There was clearly no violent or shocking intent of any kind. No strangling, no choking, no throttling…not even a word in anger.

York

What kind of nonsense is this?

He put both hands on the guy's neck as if to choke him, in no version of reality should that NOT be a red card.

We were given a penalty 5 minutes into the game and you're whining about the ref. Blame Casemiro for being an idiot, how about? He absolutely deserved to see red.
We were NOT given a penalty. VAR had to intervene due to a clear an obvious error.

RedIan

He put both hands on the guy's neck as if to choke him, in no version of reality should that NOT be a red card.

We were given a penalty 5 minutes into the game and you're whining about the ref. Blame Casemiro for being an idiot, how about? He absolutely deserved to see red.
The ref was the only person in the ground who missed the blatant handball. He didnt give it, VAR told him he had made a mistake and called him to the monitor.

NLunited

I thought so too, until I saw Casa and Hughes hugging right after and different camera angles. He had his hands on his collar bone, not around his throat. If anything, this punishment should be overturned.

SirScholes

Ayew did just that. Some of our "fans" are too precious
Simmer down man
He gave the ref and Var a decision to make
Don’t go over
Don’t put your hands around a players neck, whether it’s his collar or anywhere near his face just don’t do it

Im not really into “well more should of been sent off” two negatives don’t make a right

Suedesi

I'm replying to some "fan" saying EtH should sanction Casemiro beyond the 3 matches, that's where it started. It's ridiculous.

Anders Agnalt

Probably the best weekend this season. Liverpool lost, thats just fun. Arsenal and Newcastle lost points this weekend and Tottenham vs City was a perfect ending. As a bonus we got some really nice City news Monday from the EPL. Only backside was Casemiros red card, but we got to se Sabitzer

Vida_15

What did he say
Watch the 1st minute and put yourself in ETH's shoes, he did well to keep his cool, but Stone is so disrespectful which shows a lack of integrity in my opinion.

We had our backs against the wall after the red card and showed we have regained alot of mental fortitude since ETH arrived, it was such a pivotal performance but being the typical wet blanket the UK media focus on the headline grabbing decision.

It feels like that because he is polite to the media (and was also polite and respectful prior to the Palace game when asked about the officiating) that they take that as an opportunity to be less respectful in return.

Just imagine what SAF or Mourinho would have done in that situation! I hate the media at the best of times but this is the guy that gets to ask the 1st questions at our press conferences and should have more of a responsibility to the game of football.

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 227 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 45% Man Utd 2:0 Crystal Palace
  • 20% Man Utd 3:0 Crystal Palace