FA W FA Cup 3rd Round

Manchester United 2:0 Derby County

Post-match discussion

Fri, 05 January 2018

Stubble

Good performance overall, finishing generally crap again should have been about 5-0. Can't keep relying on Lingard to score a worldie. Gotta be Mickey's last chance I think he'll never make it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Dear Mr Rashford,

Happy New Year. Could I draw your attention to the passage of play leading to the second goal tonight. Martial, though within sight of the goal, p-a-s-s-e-s the ball to a player in a better position?

Ok, never mind.

Yours Sincerely

Solo Aluminum Freestyle God.

redom

Well deserved win, we should have been more clinical but it was nice to see us looking dangerous.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Who the feck does these rating in the M.E.N?

Ander Herrera

Isolated in a 4-1-4-1 formation and easily bypassed whenever Derby countered. Did next to nothing to effect the attack. 5

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups

Ander Herrera

Isolated in a 4-1-4-1 formation and easily bypassed whenever Derby countered. Did next to nothing to effect the attack. 5
That's pretty stupid. Herrera's clearly upping is form, he was already quite influent in the Everton game.

Pacificgi

That was enjoyable to watch. Fair play to derby too, they countered well and made it a good game.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Decent performance but very wasteful first half, played better in the second.
Mkhi poor again, Rashford poor first half improved second half, shame he didn't score instead of hitting the post , would have given some confidence which he looks way short of.
Lukaku and Martial make as look much better, nice strike by Lingard. Smalling Shaw and Herrera did well and Pogba everywhere, MoM.

Should have won by more but a comfortable win.

Alabaster Codify7

Christ, we made hard work of that. We play some lovely football, but 9/10 times it ends up with a scramble and the opposition clearing/dispossessing us.

Pleased to be proven wrong by Lingard, the lad is DELIVERING now. Fairplay. Second goal was good too.

Onto the next one.

Fully Fledged

Christ, we made hard work of that. We play some lovely football, but 9/10 times it ends up with a scramble and the opposition clearing/dispossessing us.

Pleased to be proven wrong by Lingard, the lad is DELIVERING now. Fairplay. Second goal was good too.

Onto the next one.
They are not a bad team.

Fully Fledged

Dear Mr Rashford,

Happy New Year. Could I draw your attention to the passage of play leading to the second goal tonight. Martial, though within sight of the goal, p-a-s-s-e-s the ball to a player in a better position?

Ok, never mind.

Yours Sincerely

Solo Aluminum Freestyle God.
It will come he is still a kid.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Even thou I watched 2nd half, I really enjoyed our play. Team is looking good. Well done to the players. Mkhi has to go, no passion no desire.

tony54

Enjoyed the match, that's two good games on the trot now and good to see Fellaini back and Rojo, Shaw getting some form back. Just need Ibra back but he's not recovering as well as Rojo, hopefully he'll get fit for the final games this season.

AshRK

Wonderful performance. Lingard is seriously becoming some player. Hope he continues this. Glad no replay and we can have a good rest.

Ace of Spades

It will come he is still a kid.
You can tell the confidence is not completely there, and with a bit more luck could have scored one at least. If the team keeps playing like this, then we will see a lot of the players improve and show their ability, which is very good.

Sometimes you just have to be a bit patient.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Sell Mkhitaryan, before the summer. By then we'll get £1 for him. Can't even control the ball ffs.

Brilliant game bar his performance.

Reserve the right to retract my words should the shovel score a hat-trick in the next game. Never going to happen though.

Fully Fledged

You can tell the confidence is not completely there, and with a bit more luck could have scored one at least. If the team keeps playing like this, then we will see a lot of the players improve and show their ability, which is very good.

Sometimes you just have to be a bit patient.
I totally agree.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I thought we played very well in the first half and parts of the second, which is never a guarantee even when we're playing a pub side :smirk:

Enjoyable cup tie all in all. Praise the lord for Lingard, we wouldn't have won without him.

mav_9me

Much much improved football from us since the 2nd half of Everton. Key has been Lingard, Mata and Pogba interplay. Herrera too has picked it up. Shaw has taken his chance, very good first half. Didn't get much forward in the 2nd half surprisingly.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Ander Herrera

Did they also give Rooney an 8 for us?

minoo-utd

Loved how we wanted the win specially in the second half.
Lingard is in great form and gaining trust game after gain hope he keeps it up.
Mkhitaryan needs to go.
Martial and Lukaku together are great for us.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So many positive performances.

Typically pundits/commentators said how well Derby played and were unlucky. No, if we scored even a third of our chances they would have been on the wrong end of a hiding.

Member 90678

Just leaving the game, good result in the end.

Rashford has seriously gone off the boil. His crossing tonight was abysmal. Great goal from Messi Lingard!

downunder red

Great game to watch. Credit must be given to Derby the way they came at us. Pressuring the man with the ball; we had to play some sharp football. On Rashford, someone needs to tell him he can pass the ball. An assist is just as good as a goal. He's still young though.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Enjoyed that performance throughout. Despite complaints, we're more than able to play some good and attractive football. Not just because of this game.

Herrera and Lingard best for me, although pretty much everyone did their job.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Lingard is great at getting his shots off without much room and his instinct is great.

I was impressed with Lukaku's goal as well, very good build up.

Overall a decent day at the office.

Andersons Dietician

So anyone know where I can watch the match or at least the highlights. Just checked through sky, BT,BBC,ITV and nowhere seems to be showing any sort of highlight program. I sort of saw bits of the match but my river just kept cutting out so gave up on it.

IrishRedDevil

So anyone know where I can watch the match or at least the highlights. Just checked through sky, BT,BBC,ITV and nowhere seems to be showing any sort of highlight program. I sort of saw bits of the match but my river just kept cutting out so gave up on it.
BBC red button has extended highlights tonight

Bobski

I thought we played some really nice football in the first half with a very mobile and energetic line up, tons of movement and players swapping positions. Committed a few too many numbers forward at times but it was good to watch and the type of football that I think Utd need to commit to moving forward. Rashford having an awful night with his final ball/finish distracted from some of the very good things that were happening.

Trizy

How the hell is the average team rating 6.3? I thought everyone apart from Mkh and Rashford were very good.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 351 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Derby win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 3:0 Derby
  • 29% Man Utd 2:0 Derby