LC L League Cup 3rd Round

Manchester United 2:2 Derby County

Post-match discussion

Tue, 25 September 2018

L1nk

Lost to a manager who has less than 10 games under his belt and had Derby playing a certain way, at Old Trafford, this fraud needs to leave already.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
There is no plan, rhythm or intelligence in our play. It makes me wonder whether we do anything in training as it clear as day that there is no plan or tactics in our play.

MonkeysMagic

I have finally come to the conclusion that the team has given up on Jose and the lack of effort is a direct consequence of their apathy...not saying it right as priority should be the club and fans...but what you gonna do, sack 15 players orcthe manager? End game has started, could unravel by intern’l break.

Hoof the ball

Can someone explain to me how lesser players in a lesser division played better football, had more possession, more shots in total and on target, played more passes at a higher percentage, had almost twice as many passes in the attacking 3rd, as well as more key passes completed than us, whilst playing away at Old Trafford?

"Defend! Defend! Defend, Defend, Defend!"

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It was like we were playing Peps Bayern Munich in munich. That is how poor we were.

Fed up at this stage.

I think he has lost the players. At least some of them.
Don't think so, players would have missed on purpose during pens. Absolutey pathetic how some didn't even celebrate the last minute equalizer, instead they sounded very disappointed. Atmosphere is at an all time low. Hopefully we beat West Ham and Valencia next.

Ibrahimorich

Half expect Mourinho to say "I don't know what we have to do to win".

Shades of Moyes in this

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Can't wait to see Sanchez back in the team. And Lukaku to start and play 90 again without fail.

Posh Red

Can someone explain to me how lesser players in a lesser division played better football, had more possession, more shots in total and on target, played more passes at a higher percentage, had almost twice as many passes in the attacking 3rd, as well as more key passes completed than us, whilst playing away at Old Trafford?
Something to do with a Pogba press conference I guess.

Kostur

海尔的老板
To be fair I'm somewhat glad that Derby have won, they've deserved it more, wasn't it for Fellaini's header the bunch of fecking morons wouldn't have even made it into the penalties. It was obvious that the biggest clown we've got at this club would miss. A fecking 19 year old Dalot got more balls to step up to the penalties than so many of senior players, they can all feck off.

Pathetic effort, complacent, arrogant, lazy bunch of cnuts. They don't deserve to don this shirt, looked so fecking uninterested most of the time, score 1 goal in 4th minute or so and then you can jog around like it's nothing. Dab assistant is getting on my nerves, usually was working his ass off but it looks that as of late he's just too busy with his shit brand, he's starting to reek of the infamous TC23 bullshit. Lukaku couldn't score in a brothel by the looks of it, neither of them bothered to press whole game today. Martial is Martial, it looks like he's trying but in the end feck all happens, could've put an Obertan there and you would see no difference. Somewhat I cannot bring myself to blame Mata in all that, at least he scored a goal.

Jones is pathetic and I cannot be bothered to call him for what he is again but Bailly is starting to look like a wasted money too, if it wasn't for those two morons switching off the whole fecking game I'm pretty sure Romero wouldn't have gone for the ball. You just cannot trust those two with anything so he charged in like an idiot too. Our midfield got dominated by Derby's midfield the whole game until we've popped Fellaini in, let that shit sink in.

All it needed tonight to look remotely better was for Fellaini to start chasing people around, it wasn't even some compact well prepared pressing, just sometimes sprinting to a player. It seems that our players, apart from being tactically and technically inept, are too fecking shit for that. Perhaps it's the high time for them to feck off and start doing some other job if they cannot bring themselves to chase around a group of championship players around.

Overpaid, overrated, fecking shit.

spwd

We should never see Jones play again, fecking abysmal all game then does that.

Coops73

Oh well we’ve got 1.5 billion followers on facegram so every cloud

reddaz71

The very least the club should do is refund the fans after that complete embarrassment,but dont hold your breath,according to our genial CEO today we are on course for more record profits while still CHALLENGING FOR TROPHIES.....

redom

We unironcally played better with 10 men and 1-2 down, it says something. I'd rather watch us playing with 10 men like that than our flat performance in 30-80 minutes.
Anyway something needs to change at the club but Woodward in charge here so nothing going to happen until March when we mathematically can't win anything.
It was even worse than it sounds, it was a disgrace and all fans who went to watch that shite should be refunded.
Cheers :(

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
I felt for the lads tonight, I really did. This is tough because this is probably the one competition that we have a real chance of winning. We still have the FA Cup, but that is harder to win and the big teams take it far more seriously, particularly from the 5th round onwards. Fingers crossed we can get top 4. It would be easy to decide to sack Mourinho right now, but history teaches us that now is the time to get behind him and the rest of the team.

Rob67

Not sure if Zidane is the right choice, but at this moment in time, anything would be better than this shite.
This is getting as bad as the Moyes era.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
What is the point of Lingard

And is Heskey sorry Lukaku the biggest donkey in the history of the EPL?

Alabaster Codify7

its gonna get grim. im even thinking like, 12/13th and Jose sacked and the new manager expected to get mid table dross like Jones,Valencia,Young,Mata,Lingard playing like title contenders.....

Rinse,repeat.

Clubs fecked

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Martial and Dalot encouraging, both need to start on Saturday.

Lingard has been very poor this season, needs to pick it up.

Lukaku worryingly short of confidence; should have been game, set and match in the first half.

Jones and Bailly as much talent as they both have, are just braindead.

Can anyone spot the difference between Herrera and Fred? Lots of running, little impact.

Meh

Gordon S

We are broken.

Why do we give our oppos acres of space all the time?
Our players doesn't seem to have a clue where the oppo is gonna pass it next. It is so easy for them to create chances against us.

I think the club has planned to stick with Mourinho through this season at least, but it is just not working at the moment. Would love to know what Woodward is thinking about right now.

acrebo

James Ducker sums it up perfectly by saying we’ve become “just a weird team”.

Totally baffling what’s going on.

siw2007

One of the most humiliating defeats in a while. To field a first team and get outplayed by a championship team at Old Trafford is unthinkable. There was just no heart from the players, and without the ball we just surrendered, almost underestimated Derby.

Martial had a good game and fair play to Fellaini for getting us back in it, but ultimately a very disappointing performance.

Jose Mourinho had relieved the pressure a bit, but now he has attracted far more scrutiny than before, especially with the Pogba saga rumbling on.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don't know why many are mentioning Phil Jones' shit penalty. In all honesty, our penalties overall were the highest quality part of our performance.

Derby played us off the park and that's just not on; we are completely lacking fight, ideas and quality.

I remember reaching this point with LVG (towards the end of season 2) and with Moyes (his first press conference): Highly reluctantly, Jose out.

Treble

Who did I mock and who knows better what? You really want to make a deal out of this?
My impression was that youy were mocking "negative posters" with that thread. Apologies if I got it wrong. It's not a big deal, of course.

Ibrahimorich

On the plus side, that was one of the highest quality penalty shootouts I've seen :lol:

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Well that was pretty uninspiring.

The only one who was making things happen going forward was Martial.
But there's no link - we play two midfielders, Herrera was not at the races, Matic was ok but committed too many fouls.
In front of them was someone who runs about a lot and the full backs didn't help out a lot going forward until too late so little service up front.

Meanwhile Derby were pressing and playing like they were at home. Crowd was quiet until about the 70th minute.

Romero had a poor game with the goal the sending off and some clearances.
We were lucky to get pens and the first 7 were all well taken .

Why can't we have a LFZ like we did against YB.

Ban

My impression was that youy were mocking "negative posters" with that thread. Apologies if I got it wrong. It's not a big deal, of course.
You got it wrong. There was no mocking, at least not from me.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
One of the most humiliating defeats in a while. To field a first team and get outplayed by a championship team at Old Trafford is unthinkable.
To be fair it wasn't the first team. Lukaku, Matic and probably Lingard were the only players from our first team in there. The rest were our second string with a few hoping to push into the first.

Konimey

This United team and Jose Mourinho has managed to wring the joy out of watching football. Derby were playing more entertaining football and attacking more at OT, somebody who did not know the teams would have thought that Derby was the premier league team and the home team. A championship team outplayed and beat United at OT, the shoot out was just delaying the inevitable. United are finished this season, better cut our losses by sacking the manager as soon as possible because in 3 seasons Jose has just brought United back to square one and has most probably lost the dressing room too. Get rid of the deadwood in the January window and maybe buy a player or two, so that by the time the next season comes around the new manager can identify new targets to get in during the summer and we can hit the ground running. As long as United persists with Jose, we will be like Arsenal persisting with Wenger and become the butt of all jokes.

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 40% of 449 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 320 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Derby win
  • Draw