LC L League Cup 3rd Round

Manchester United 2:2 Derby County

Post-match discussion

Tue, 25 September 2018

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's not a competition I really care about. Just wanted a good performance and the win for the team spirit, really. Got neither :(
Should have gone with the kids and squad players like we normally do, then it would have been same shit different day....

dove

Eh, I wish we could rate players 0-10 instead of 1-10. Giving 1 to Jones is way too generous :(

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It's a big yikes from me.

I don't know what to say anymore. We're becoming a meme. I just half-laughed when Jones missed. It's just not meant to be sometimes.

Derby did very well - probably deserved to go through. No complaints there. We just can't kill off teams. We look toothless and stagnant.

I'm officially in the camp of "I'd like Jose to step down".

Woziak

Can someone explain to me how lesser players in a lesser division played better football, had more possession, more shots in total and on target, played more passes at a higher percentage, had almost twice as many passes in the attacking 3rd, as well as more key passes completed than us, whilst playing away at Old Trafford?

"Defend! Defend! Defend, Defend, Defend!"
Yep, they were coached in a far superior way by a young English Coach not a f......Portuguese Dinosaur!

predator

Youth NITK
I personally am starting to find it funny. The board don't seem to have any balls to do anything so I take the positives - it is hilarious how shit we are.

I cheered Fellaini's last minute equalizer but I was nervously smirking seeing Jones walk up to that penalty, knowing only he would miss.

Romero kind of fecked the game up for us. Derby were good though but like any club as wealthy and big as us we should be dicking them at home.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I just don't understand us at the moment. Even under LVG and Moyes, I recognised us as Utd sides - all be them one's that were depressing to watch. Maybe it was because there were so many players left over from Fergie's time here, I don't know.

But this now, it's totally soulless. Everything from the top down, it's got zero character or uniqueness about it. Every fan has legitimate claim when saying their club is special, but United - given their history, tragedy, success and role as a pioneering outfit for English football - genuinely are. But you would never tell from watching us. I would say that the players don't care, but what's worse is that they kind of do. But most probably are nowhere near the standard required.

We need to change so much, it's impossible to know where to begin. Or how.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Can someone explain to me how lesser players in a lesser division played better football, had more possession, more shots in total and on target, played more passes at a higher percentage, had almost twice as many passes in the attacking 3rd, as well as more key passes completed than us, whilst playing away at Old Trafford?

just says it all doesnt it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I don't know why many are mentioning Phil Jones' shit penalty. In all honesty, our penalties overall were the highest quality part of our performance.

Derby played us off the park and that's just not on; we are completely lacking fight, ideas and quality.

I remember reaching this point with LVG (towards the end of season 2) and with Moyes (his first press conference): Highly reluctantly, Jose out.
Like an echo of that. We lost to sunderland with Moyes.

Devil may care

We should have had the game wrapped up in the first 20 minutes, but over the full match I think Derby were the better side, I don't even know what went wrong, the midfield duo we started with was way too one paced but even so, that front 4 should have been enough against a second division side with a novice manager at Old Trafford.

People will excuse this as the cup doesn't matter, but these days this about all we are likely to win and the performance is symptomatic of the bigger problems we have.

King Eric 7

Jose says he knew we'd be in trouble if it got to the point where Jones or Baiily had to take a penalty!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Looks like Jose been crying. Eyes all red in that post match.

piratefox

Outplayed by a championship team at home not expected to be promoted.

Embarrassing. Club is a joke.

Chairman Steve

Gotta admit I completely missed this despite knowing it was on tonight earlier today, but thank god there was Steam game sale on and ended up playing games instead. That just saved me from what appeared to be another horror show from Jose and the squad of players that are perpetually stuck in the phase of no team co-ordination despite adding top quality individual class.

Really doesn’t surprise me Phil ‘Bull in a China Shop’ Jones is ultimately the one who did the booboo, but yet again the team looks like they did a collective booboo. I really don’t see Jose lasting before next May and I really hope the board have got their thumb out of their ass on tracking his replacement. Whether that’ll happen next Summer or any time while the seasons running is anyone guess. All I know is based on previous record, the Utd board definitely aren’t proactive.

Sacking a manager doesn’t derail a season and there’s plenty of examples out there. Avram Grant was one bad Utd league result away from winning the league and a penalty kick from winning the Champions League, all that after Chelsea sacked the best manager they ever had. This time 3 years ago, Liverpool binned King Brenny despite supporting him in the summer then they got Klopp and haven’t really looked back since.

wolvored

I think we could be tanked 6-0 at home to (insert team here) and nothing would be done. Outplayed by a championship side is an absolute disgrace.

RedNed77

Feck me, decent honest comments from Jose after the match. Fair play. Also confirming Pogba issue :nervous:

Basa1987

There's a Moyesian stench.

Better to cut our losses now than persist and make the same mistake that Chelsea did. If we wait until November/December, it'll be way too late to catch up on top 4.

redshaw

Fearing we'll get ripped apart by a top team.

minoo-utd

How to be positive after we see our club like that? The team is so dis joint so isolated cant keep the ball, cant keep an attack. The team is miserable, some players lost the confidence totally and it has to be on Jose and some are just fecking useless and can not be here and must be gone ages ago.
Jose's 2 signings this summer look shit to me too. I'm so tired of this.
Next Westham away, should be a make or break for Jose.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
imagine playing city with this defence what a shitfest it would be

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
How to be positive after we see our club like that? The team is so dis joint so isolated cant keep the ball, cant keep an attack. The team is miserable, some players lost the confidence totally and it has to be on Jose and some are just fecking useless and can not be here and must be gone ages ago.
Jose's 2 signings this summer look shit to me too. I'm so tired of this.
Next Westham away, should be a make or break for Jose.
Dalot and Fred look shit to you? You need better fecking glasses then!

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 40% of 449 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 320 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Derby win
  • Draw