PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sun, 03 April 2016

Ballache

Supports
Martial
3 points, that's all that matters right now. Please keep Herrera with Schneiderlin in midfield.

Oo0AahCantona

Enjoyed the second half, some really nice football, just without the final end product to the moves

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don't know how Martial got MOTM, Blind was excellent.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Bloody hell, these matches come 'round quickly...

Raw

Everton are a better team away from home going by this season, so I'm happy with that. Apart from a few nervy moments they didn't trouble us that much (Blind did a great job on Lukaku). We didn't create too much either, but we got the win anyway in a crucial weekend when all our rivals won.

Sid234

Blind should've gotten the MotM, Best performance of the season today. Kept Lukaku in pocket all night

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm conflicted.. Huge win for our top 4 hopes, but that increases the likelihood that Van Gaal will stay and we are brutal to watch with him in charge. So is it better to finish 5th and sack him for finish 4th and keep him? I'm definitely more in the 5th place and get rid category. It's looking like we have a very good shot though, as City will drop a ton of points while Villa, Palace and Bournemouth at home seem like some of the easiest wins you could get. Then Norwich away, by which time they might be safe. Spurs, West Ham and Leicester are the tough games, but we generally play better in them.

On the actual game... Same old boring shite really. Martial, Smalling and Blind the standouts. Carrick too old, huge improvement once Herrera came on. Good to see Fellaini stay on the bench. Schneiderlin did well, Darmian miles better in the second half, probably helps having Martial and not Mata in front of him. Lingard did pretty well as usual but I'm definitely looking forward to Young being fit enough to start again.

montpelier

thought we were half decent 1st half

not great in the 2nd

but a win is a win

Devil may care

Blind was class and I thought Martial and Rashford were full of energy and imagination going forward. Good outing for TFM as well, other than that it was mostly solid stuff with the usual lack of tempo through the midfield. Still, important 3 points.

Hed Zitin

Any win is great when you know you're just not a good team. End of the season soon and we can move on.

Blind was excellent. TFM looks a great talent. We had a good game plan for Lukaku and they did their jobs well. Rashford and Martial were our only attacking outlets.

Spock

Collecting 3 points is all that matters, but it's still disappointing to see us play a brand of football that's so static and boring. I'll take the win today but I can't take another season of this garbage "philosophy".

Raw

United twitter account not even putting Blind as one of their 3 choices for MOTM (went with Mata, Smalling and Martial), idiots.

diarm

Blind MotM by about 280,000 miles. Smashing performance from him and Darmian, TFM, Smalling, Schneiderlin, Valencia and Herrera played well also. Disappointed with Carrick and Mata and would have been livid if we'd conceded after we didn't bother our arses pushing for the second goal for half an hour.

stu_1992

A win is a win at this stage of the season. Needed to keep that pressure on City and we did. Of course we could have played a lot better, but what's new? That won't change under Van Gaal. Second half was an improvement at least, because the first half really was abysmal.

I guess you'd have to say Martial was MOTM. No stand out performers though. Fosu-Mensah looked decent when he came on.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Blind was massive, hope he's ok.

Everton unlucky in front of goal I thought.

When was the last time we attacked the stretty in the first half?

rpitchfo

I don't get this attitude that "3 points is all that matters" - we continue in this vein and we are humiliated in the champions league group stages again. We are very close to becoming a very poor version of Arsenal (at least they usually get to the knockout stages). There's no point being in the champions league if were just making up the numbers.

So, so boring

Dylan94

Anthony Martial aka the don. Big goals in big moments in big games. Everton always play us close home and away so more than happy with the win, and not that bothered about the performance today.

Super Nani

Just very lucky we scored with our one shot on target really. We can always rely on Martial to get a goal, no one else seems to know how other than Rashford. 1000 premier league Old Trafford goals, glad it was Martial who got it, he's the real deal. Would have been a real shame today after unveiling the stand for Sir Bobby if we hadn't got the result. Fourth is definitely on, I have faith we will somehow pull this off at City's expense.

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Some good spells, sandwiched between spells of "what the feck are we doing?", especially towards the end.

Rashford looked shot by the hour mark, he looked to be suffering out there for the last part of the game.

Blind was impenetrable. Seeing him beat Lukaku in the air more than once was joyous. Lukaku's anticipation of aerial balls is terrible. He was often nowhere near Blind, and Blind always knew where the ball was going to come.

Everton were awful, but still could have had 3 goals if not for poor finishing and De Gea's inhuman reactions. We won, but we really need to sharpen up.

Chicharo

The most important thing is that we are one point behind City, but it's still annoying that we can't create more than one or two chances in a match.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Everton are more about white boots than substance.

Nik70

Boring from us again but I'll take the win. Everton didn't really look like scoring except for Jagielka's efforts - the crossbar must still be vibrating after that effort.

mu4c_20le

Another promising show from the youngsters. We could have created more but never really looked in trouble.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
More than happy with the win. The performance was a bit shit but at this point of the season I have no issue with disregarding completely that aspect of the game.

Charlie Foley

Some good spells, sandwiched between spells of "what the feck are we doing?", especially towards the end.

Rashford looked shot by the hour mark, he looked to be suffering out there for the last part of the game.

Blind was impenetrable. Seeing him beat Lukaku in the air more than once was joyous. Lukaku's anticipation of aerial balls is terrible. He was often nowhere near Blind, and Blind always knew where the ball was going to come.

Everton were awful, but still could have had 3 goals if not for poor finishing and De Gea's inhuman reactions. We won, but we really need to sharpen up.
Agreed, he was excellent, hope the injury isn't too serious.

That one long ball in the 1st half that he took down and turned Lukaku with the one touch...brilliant!

Also at the start of the second half when Lukaku was about 6 yards out and backing into him, he couldn't get around him but kept his body there and blocked the shot when it came through. Excellent centre half play.

diarm

I don't get this attitude that "3 points is all that matters" - we continue in this vein and we are humiliated in the champions league group stages again.
It's not even only that. The number of times in the last few years that we've gone one up, not pushed on for the second and then been pegged back late on is ridiculous. We were the width of a crossbar from the same thing today and this reluctance to put games away is negligent.

togg

More than happy with the win. The performance was a bit shit but at this point of the season I have no issue with disregarding completely that aspect of the game.
I agree. Leicester fans would say the same......get results, no matter how ugly. We have to put pressure on City, that is the only thing we have left.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Another win for the worst United team of all times*

*(Rawk trademark)

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 424 ratings.