PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sun, 28 October 2018

Canagel

These guys panic far too much.

Imagine bricking it at 2 nil up
It's from the manager. His subs invite the pressure. Every game ends up being a struggle when it doesn't have to be. Same with Leicester game.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We reacted really well after conceding the penalty. That's a good sign. Everton didnt really have a decent chance after that.
We did, surprisingly.

Smalling and Lindelof looking secure throughout the game helped ease the nerves somewhat.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Disappointed with the Smalling penalty and Martial miss. That was a 3-0 game for sure. Still a win is a win. And Mourinho lives to fight another day.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Well I liked that performance, bar Pogba and smallings brain farts. Lindelof was superb, but anyone who actually thinks is mourinho and not Lukaku, just look how the whole dynamic of our team changed when he came on.

On to next game and keep Lukaku on the bench.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Forgot to mention about Lindelof and Fred's performances. They were good.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Good 60mins, let the foot off the gas which is frustrating and we ended up making it difficult for ourselves.
I was happy with what I say going forward today, quick passing, movement and taking people on.
Only gripe is the lack of closing down again.

arthurka

José fecked this taking Rashford off for Lukaku.
Also a huge shout out to Fred for working his socks off covering for Matic who was nowhere to be seen . Pogba was great but needs to stop giving the ball away in those areas . Lindelöf is growing on me.
I dont know really dont like us under José.

Last edited:

smudgegezer

In the studio, Sourness and Redknapp say it wasn't a pen. How predictable.
Sky pundits are gutted we won. Setup the group for us to fail so they could comment on how bad we are. Even thought we won there is still negativity. It's a conspiracy I tell you lol

Last edited by a moderator:

freddie the red

Posing, prancing, preening, posturing Pogba...such a polarising player, either excellent or totally embarrassing on the pitch. Lucky to get a second chance with his penalty and pissing about in the middle of the pitch which lead to their's.
Can be completely unplayable at times but at others he's like a haughty schoolkid.....grow the f up!

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He will always let you down when it comes to the crunch. Plays for himself and not the club.
Pretty classic Pogba hater. The guy is carrying the entire team since the beginning of the season but keep thinking he's doing that for himself. Some in Madrid were saying the same thing about Ronaldo, we don't hear them much these days.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
In the studio, Sourness and Redknapp say it wasn't a pen. How predictable.
Why does Sky insist on filling the studio with ex Liverpool players when we play? Are you telling me they couldn’t find a single former United player to give up their Sunday? Lee Sharpe has been on reality TV. I’m sure he’d do it for coin!

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Was just another game and another reminder to how catastrophic Sanchez signing last January was in taking martial out of our team

BulgarianDevil91

Good win, we played well most of the time. Could've been more comfortable in the end, but what matters are the 3 points. Hope Lukaku finds his last-season form and picks himself up, we really need someone up top, who can manhandle the opposition's defenders.

Camilo

Thought we were ok. No real possession or control, no real pace in the attack (but at least it was a little quicker than usual), but didn't really give Everton too many openings either. Got lucky with the penalty, but Martial's goal was superb. The Lukaku free attack was good today, but it's impossible to know if that was anything to do with a lack of Lukaku! There was some running in behind but a lot of coming short and turning back.

Not much else to take from it.

Devil may care

Martial is Jacko to Mourinho's Lionel, papered over the cracks again of another average team performance. Pogba and Lindelof the other 2 stand outs.

Al-T

Good grief, Souness is a sour old misanthrope. Is there anything or anyone he likes.

Obviously not being a pundit as his whole manner suggests he's been forced to be there against his will.

RD76

Why does Sky insist on filling the studio with ex Liverpool players when we play? Are you telling me they couldn’t find a single former United player to give up their Sunday? Lee Sharpe has been on reality TV. I’m sure he’d do it for coin!
This. It's absolutely ridiculous.

snk123

Was just another game and another reminder to how catastrophic Sanchez signing last January was in taking martial out of our team
I don't get why people blame the signing. It was completely the managers fault for not playing Sanchez on the right and letting Martial continue on the left. It was so easy to see yet Jose takes an age to understand basic things like these... dropping lukaku etc.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Pickford is just like every Geordie I know. Proper down to earth fella. Enjoy his post match interviews.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Decent enough.

These brief 10-20 minute periods we have in games where we actually play to the strengths of our best players, rather than cower to protect the deficiencies of our worst, is proof enough that we can genuinely be quite a good side under the helm of someone with a positive plan and attitude... Shame it so quickly gets sidelined at the slightest hint of tension.

peridigm

Jose name dropping Milenkovic in interview talking about penalty takers. Random or maybe not?

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I was impressed with Fred, his movement and passing is soo good.

Pogba was good again and so was Martial.

Need to give a shout out to Lindelof who loked composed.

The negative for me is Smalling, Matic and what was the point of bringing on Lukaku...utter dogshit!

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don't get why people blame the signing. It was completely the managers fault for not playing Sanchez on the right and letting Martial continue on the left. It was so easy to see yet Jose takes an age to understand basic things like these... dropping lukaku etc.
I’m sure a lot of the resent lays on Mourinho shoe horning him into the team. Ultimately though, Sanchez holds almost all the blame for his embarrassing display of football every time he is played.

ErranMorad

I thought it was the best performance of the season until we gifted them a goal due to our stupidity. Made hard work of it after that. Lukaku and Martial both should have scored from the easy chances they got. Got a bit frustrating towards the end.

I hope we keep our general approach the same in the next game too. This was an encouraging performance for the most part and there were a lot of positives to take. Loved that the absence of Lukaku and Fellaini forced us to keep it on the ground for most of the game. The team showed that it can play that style of football if asked to do so by the manager. Even the presence of Lukaku shouldn't mean that we incessantly start hoofing it out from the back.

Besides Young & Matic, I thought everyone else from the first XI had a decent game. We could do so much more damage if we have a decent attacking right back. Young frustrates the hell out of me. Was constantly finding himself in acres of space but didn't deliver one good ball in to the box or create one good opportunity. Hope Dalot get fit fast and makes the position his own. We haven't seen a good attacking season from our right backs since Rafael in Sir Alex's last season.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Glad to get any kind of win in the end.But we were cruising to a 3 or 4 nil win until Pogba lost the ball and Smalling lost his head.
Typical of this team this season.
Liked what I saw from Martial and some of what I saw from Pog, Lindelof, Fred & Young.

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 78% of 641 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 442 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw